Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding the Mormon stuff, I should clarify that it might not stop him from getting support from most Republicans, but it prevents him from getting enough enthusiasm from the base to win a general election. He didn’t have the fervent evangelical support in 2012 that most Republican candidates get.

I agree with the rest though, Romney has burned too many bridges within the party. Someone like Tom Cotton will have a lot more appeal across the GOP.
    Yea, I don't know if the evangelicals allegedly didn't get behind him as much in the general because he was Mormon as much as it is that he wasn't offering a stark enough contrast to Obama. Mitt pulling his punches in the last two debates cost him the election, tbh. People were thirsting for leadership counter to Obama; and rather than going for the KO he tried to win a decision.

That and sheeple are stupid. With Super Storm Sandy, the media was able to do a ton of fluff pieces with Obama looking presidential on the ground, and they were able to lower the bar on what people were voting for.

BTW, a su ious storm, TheGreatYacht.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yea, I don't know if the evangelicals allegedly didn't get behind him as much in the general because he was Mormon as much as it is that he wasn't offering a stark enough contrast to Obama. Mitt pulling his punches in the last two debates cost him the election, tbh. People were thirsting for leadership counter to Obama; and rather than going for the KO he tried to win a decision.

That and sheeple are stupid. With Super Storm Sandy, the media was able to do a ton of fluff pieces with Obama looking presidential on the ground, and they were able to lower the bar on what people were voting for.

BTW, a su ious storm, TheGreatYacht.
    no. Mitt lost because he doubled down on plain vanilla “cut taxes on the rich, deregulate Wall Street, and all your problems are solved!” trickle down bull and was recorded saying he didn’t give a about 47% of the country. Trump ran on populist ideology that had broad appeal with the working class. There was nothing about t Romney’s platform that had appeal with working class voters.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. Mitt lost because he doubled down on plain vanilla “cut taxes on the rich, deregulate Wall Street, and all your problems are solved!” trickle down bull and was recorded saying he didn’t give a about 47% of the country. Trump ran on populist ideology that had broad appeal with the working class. There was nothing about t Romney’s platform that had appeal with working class voters.
    You're speaking of it from a very ideological p.o.v. The economy was not strong and Obamacare was not a success. Mitt decided he didn't want to offend people by going to hard on black president. This along with the Sandy bump cost him the election.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Romney's campaign was hey let's get rid of Medicare so we can give more money to the rich.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Romney's campaign was hey let's get rid of Medicare so we can give more money to the rich.
    What a coincidence, so was Obama's campaign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a coincidence, so was Obama's campaign.
    Too early for you to start drinking

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too early for you to start drinking
    Obama took money from Medicare for Obamacare, dip .

And his corporate capitulation is no secret, blakeline bum.

Imma libertarian

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama took money from Medicare for Obamacare, dip .

And his corporate capitulation is no secret, blakeline bum.

Imma libertarian
    LOL strawmanning paying providers less into let's get rid of Medicare, which is precisely what Romney and Ryan were trying to do. Fake news derp as always.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL strawmanning paying providers less into let's get rid of Medicare, which is precisely what Romney and Ryan were trying to do. Fake news derp as always.
    Romney wasn't trying abolish medicare, putz.
    Not that I woiuld mind if he did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty much it, tbh... I don't recall a candidate shooting themselves in the foot as badly as Mitt...

But let's be honest also, he was running against one of the most likeable candidates in a generation, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then he should be your first choice for president since he ran on ending Medicare. What a moron, that was a winnable election for the GOP too until the re ed voucher plan.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then he should be your first choice for president since he ran on ending Medicare. What a moron, that was a winnable election for the GOP too until the re ed voucher plan.
    If he called out the medicare scam in any capacity, I'm not bothered. Meanwhile your "libertarian" ass is clutching your pearls about this and schools choice.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty much it, tbh... I don't recall a candidate shooting themselves in the foot as badly as Mitt...

But let's be honest also, he was running against one of the most likeable candidates in a generation, tbh...
    As evidenced by Obama having a hard time filling high school gymnasiums.

But much polls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he called out the medicare scam in any capacity, I'm not bothered. Meanwhile your "libertarian" ass is clutching your pearls about this and schools choice.
    LOL you're the definition of a pearl clutcher. I have to wear a mask for 10 minutes when I go into the store

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As evidenced by Obama having a hard time filling high school gymnasiums.

But much polls
    Not sure what you're referring to (and don't confuse my post with an endorsement of Obama's administration), but he clearly was extremely popular, and more importantly got people out to vote. Which is why he easily cleaned the GOP's clock twice.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You're speaking of it from a very ideological p.o.v. The economy was not strong and Obamacare was not a success. Mitt decided he didn't want to offend people by going to hard on black president. This along with the Sandy bump cost him the election.
    Obamacare didn’t even start getting implemented until 2013, I’m not sure what you mean when you say it wasn’t a success. It was still a TBD in 2012 (I’m by no means saying it’s been a success since then, just that at the time the jury was still very much out). The economy was also weak but Mitt didn’t offer any ideas to stimulate it that had wide appeal. Him being a guy who built a fortune by raiding companies like KB Toys and destroying/outsourcing American jobs didn’t help either. It couldn’t have been a worse political climate to run a private equity an for president.

Mitt had the same problem Hillary had, there was no appeal or likeability. Him being more critical of Obama wouldn’t have changed that. His 47% comment is also what did him in. The polls in key states were within the margin of error prior to that comment going viral. He never recovered after. The election was over before Hurricane Sandy.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    His platform was to replace Medicare as we know it with a privatized voucher system that would have done nothing to control costs and ruined coverage for gen Xers and millennials.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His platform was to replace Medicare as we know it with a privatized voucher system that would have done nothing to control costs and ruined coverage for gen Xers and millennials.
    he actually wanted to do it right away, and once the polls came back that boomers were seething mad because their were going to touch their Medicare, Ryan pivoted and said it would only apply to those 35 years or younger.

That was another terrible backtrack, like, if this new system is so good, why not do it right away?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he actually wanted to do it right away, and once the polls came back that boomers were seething mad because their were going to touch their Medicare, Ryan pivoted and said it would only apply to those 35 years or younger.

That was another terrible backtrack, like, if this new system is so good, why not do it right away?
    I thought it was 55 and over who could keep Medicare because quoting Ryan "We made promises to them." Their whole campaign was if you're not a boomer then you.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one's going to comment on derp's weather machine conspiracy theory?

Probably for the best.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I thought it was 55 and over who could keep Medicare because quoting Ryan "We made promises to them." Their who campaign was if you're not a boomer then you.
    I’ve never seen a major Republican candidate so bad at selling the trickle down propoganda. Paul Ryan’s message was basically “I don’t really want to get into specifics but the math on our tax plan works, just take our word for it.”

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Probably for the best.
    oh I didn’t even notice that, I remember all the weather machine conspiracy theories from Hurricane Sandy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought it was 55 and over who could keep Medicare because quoting Ryan "We made promises to them." Their whole campaign was if you're not a boomer then you.
    Could be... I just remember it was such a convenient con job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Probably for the best.
    LOL. I mostly just scroll past his stupid .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve never seen a major Republican candidate so bad at selling the trickle down propoganda. Paul Ryan’s message was basically “I don’t really want to get into specifics but the math on our tax plan works, just take our word for it.”
    “We’re going to cut loopholed and deductions”

which ones?

”Whatever congress decides”

Thread Information