Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope Pop doesn’t pull a Kawhi to get out of his contract.
    How? Fake an injury to his wine sipping hand?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he's bad for business (at least because of politics, if he's bad its because he's losing)... I do think ownership would like to pay less for a HC at this point in time though.
    You’re wrong. I canceled my season tickets. My rep who I’ve known for 5 years told me that I was not alone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re wrong. I canceled my season tickets. My rep who I’ve known for 5 years told me that I was not alone.
    You canceled because of his political views? Well...Ok...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he's bad for business (at least because of politics, if he's bad its because he's losing)... I do think ownership would like to pay less for a HC at this point in time though.
    He's definitely bad for buisness. Just look at the NBA ratings right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You canceled because of his political views? Well...Ok...
    I canceled because he is using his position as the face of the franchise as a platform to spout his liberal bull . I use sports as an escape from that crap. I can take the $20,000 or so that I spend each year on Spurs games and spend it elsewhere. I am not going to be insulted by a business and still patronize them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets can want in one hand and crap in the other and see what they wind up with.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop can do whatever he wants.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So brave to cancel your tickets when this team is ass, so brave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So brave to cancel your tickets when this team is ass, so brave
    Guess you didn't read his post. Once pop started taking political sides it really effected many fans. I also know of 2 season ticket holders who stopped purchasing them due to pop.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess you didn't read his post. Once pop started taking political sides it really effected many fans. I also know of 2 season ticket holders who stopped purchasing them due to pop.
    So brave of them to do it when this team is ass, too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poop is a major reason the team is ass too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I canceled because he is using his position as the face of the franchise as a platform to spout his liberal bull . I use sports as an escape from that crap. I can take the $20,000 or so that I spend each year on Spurs games and spend it elsewhere. I am not going to be insulted by a business and still patronize them.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be gone. Ownership probably wants him gone or they told him to keep his mouth shut. He's bad for buisness. Sure the spurs have seen a dip in revenue and have received complaints about his anti white comments.
    I keep hearing about a dip in revenue; but I've never seen any data backing it up.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you’re a ty fan and we don’t want you. This movement isn’t going away. It’s part of the NBA and will be for years.

Time for you to move on and join the Klan full time.

Get the off this forum. If you’re done the be done. Otherwise you’re full of , which I suspect.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be gone. Ownership probably wants him gone or they told him to keep his mouth shut. He's bad for buisness. Sure the spurs have seen a dip in revenue and have received complaints about his anti white comments.
    Ownership just hired Pop's bff to be CEO and run the business side of things. This fantasy about ownership wanting him gone went out the window the second the Holts got divorced. They handed the reins over to their children and those two are too green to have the audacity to force out one of the most popular(and winningest) coaches in nba history.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you’re a ty fan and we don’t want you. This movement isn’t going away. It’s part of the NBA and will be for years.

Time for you to move on and join the Klan full time.

Get the off this forum. If you’re done the be done. Otherwise you’re full of , which I suspect.
    Just stop.... if the NBA didn't have fans who just want to enjoy sports without politics from the right or left there wouldn't be an NBA. Most of the radical right isn't watching anyway and the radical left is out rioting.... Most normal people want to enjoy a basketball game and forget about the pressures of life. It's entertainment...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ownership just hired Pop's bff to be CEO and run the business side of things. This fantasy about ownership wanting him gone went out the window the second the Holts got divorced. They handed the reins over to their children and those two are too green to have the audacity to force out one of the most popular(and winningest) coaches in nba history.
    The whole idea that’s it’s a bad thing to have a HC who backs and supports the same beliefs and causes as the players is the dumbest I’ve ever read. Yeah I’m sure ownership would love a conservative coach that the players can’t relate to or want to play for but a few intolerant pricks will renew their ty seats.

These self aggrandizing idiots think a few white boomers make up the core of fans across the country. It’s beyond laughable. If every white boomer quit watching the NBA it would hardly make a difference at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just stop.... if the NBA didn't have fans who just want to enjoy sports without politics from the right or left there wouldn't be an NBA. Most of the radical right isn't watching anyway and the radical left is out rioting.... Most normal people want to enjoy a basketball game and forget about the pressures of life. It's entertainment...
    That world doesn’t exist anymore and probably for the better. Now more than ever players are using their celebrity and voice to improve their communities and speak out against racial injustice.

There is no world where that is a bad thing. You just don’t like the message, which says more about you than it does the players trying to make a positive impact on society.

You don’t have to agree with their politics, if there really is any, but to disparage wealthy athletes for attempting to do good is at the very least disingenuous if not outright intolerant.

So yeah go find another hobby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's be real you cancelled because the Spurs are a lottery team. If they were le contenders I don't think you would cancel season tickets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's be real you cancelled because the Spurs are a lottery team. If they were le contenders I don't think you would cancel season tickets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd fit right in in Brooklyn. If they offer him a bunch of money I don't blame him. He doesn't owe us anything. I just hope it doesn't cut the ties to Duncan and etc.
    He owes us focusing on spurs not Trump
    Not holding press conference just to bash the President of the USA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop can do whatever he wants.
    He can except if spurs fire him he can not coach them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That world doesn’t exist anymore and probably for the better. Now more than ever players are using their celebrity and voice to improve their communities and speak out against racial injustice.

There is no world where that is a bad thing. You just don’t like the message, which says more about you than it does the players trying to make a positive impact on society.

You don’t have to agree with their politics, if there really is any, but to disparage wealthy athletes for attempting to do good is at the very least disingenuous if not outright intolerant.

So yeah go find another hobby.
    I don't give 2 s about their politics or their message.... they could be social justice warriors or maga trumpers....i just don't like politics in my sports like most people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give 2 s about their politics or their message.... they could be social justice warriors or maga trumpers....i just don't like politics in my sports like most people.
    Then you should stop posting political on a sports forum. Practice what you preach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet he wouldn't have done it if the Spurs were still contenders and had a young exciting superstar on its roster. So the underlying factor behind his ticket cancelling move is still the team's quality, not Pop's opinions.

Thread Information