Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter what happens the rest of the way, our play-in tournament matchup is set: we will be playing the New Orleans Pelicans. The only question now is who will have homecourt advantage for that game.

Any analyses? Predictions?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say the Spurs will win this game, regardless of who has home court advantage. The Spurs have been the better team throughout the regular season (+0.4 point differential for the Spurs vs -0.9 for the Pelicans at the time of this writing) and they’re peaking at the exact right time.
    I would love to see the Spurs win this game, but if New Orleans leans into their height advantage, this won't be a contest by the end. Spurs may make it close somewhere in the 4th, but New Orleans has mismatches that we can't answer. Would love to see Jakob grow a pair against Valenciunas, but I'm not holding my breath. Ditto Lonnie in a big game. Spurs will have to be unconscious stroking 3-pointers for an entire game, and make life miserable for CJ, if they're going to have a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Orleans leans into their height advantage, this won't be a contest by the end. Spurs may make it close somewhere in the 4th, but New Orleans has mismatches that we can't answer. Would love to see Jakob grow a pair against Valenciunas,
    Refs may factor in as V is very good at drawing fouls.
    Concur the Spurs will have to have a good, even great shooting night. And stop that missing FTs b.s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During a game, on the bench..

What the ? Is that legal? Even so, how does the team allows it?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never did I say that game count keeps adding, I responded with the same wording as the original poster saying that "games count" as in "they matter".
    I never figured anyone could reasonably give it such a convoluted interpretation, but yes, of course: REGULAR SEASON TOTAL GAMES WON ISN'T MODIFIED, BUT PLAY IN GAMES DO MATTER. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE TRUE ODDS BEFORE THE PLAY IN IS FINISHED. Clear enough?
    Mul roll just asked if the play in games counted for playoff order and you responded that draft order was set after the play in. What you said wasn’t wrong, but in light of what he was asking I was just trying to be more clear (obviously I wasn’t). I know it made sense in your head but there was a clear distinction that needed to be made. At no point was I attacking you or belittling you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mul roll just asked if the play in games counted for playoff order and you responded that draft order was set after the play in. What you said wasn’t wrong, but in light of what he was asking I was just trying to be more clear (obviously I wasn’t). I know it made sense in your head but there was a clear distinction that needed to be made. At no point was I attacking you or belittling you.
    No I didn't. I said LOTTERY PARTICIPANTS ARE SET after the play in, and FINAL ORDER IS SET AFTER THE LOTTERY. It's clear as day.
    At what point in time is the draft order set and games do not count? (for draft order purposes)
    After the play in the teams participating in the lottery are set (games stop counting for draft purposes).
    May 17 the lottery takes place and the final order is set.
    Meaning of count for: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/count
    to have value or significance These are the people who really count. His opinions don't count for much.
    So, again, games stop having significance for draft purposes ONLY AFTER THE PLAY IN.
    There was no confusion, provided one makes proper sense of what counting for means. But whatever. I'm done arguing semantics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats my sentiment

we're in it, lets win it.

i'd be stoked if we somehow make it into the playoffs.

i'm already happy knowing we made the play in and the lakers didn't lol
    Bingo. It's kinda win win at this point.

We could lose the next game and I've already had the schadenfreude of keeping Lakers and LeBron out.

If we somehow make the playoffs, we kill the streak of missing and give the young guys good experience and confidence. If not, our draft chances improve.

If I had to choose, I'd lean towards the better pick because I don't see this team making a serious playoff run...but whatever happens happens and I'm not gonna stress over it. Basically playing with house money at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can draft as low as #9 or as high as #15. That completes the range for 2022.
    Which?

1. True
    2. False

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can draft as low as #9 or as high as #15. That completes the range for 2022.
    Which?

1. True
    2. False
    Spurs can draft:
    1,2,3,4 (if they don't make the playoffs and luck into top 4 in the lottery)
    9, 10, 11, 12, 13 (if they don't make the playoffs and don't get into top 4 in the lottery)
    15 (if they make the playoffs)
    End of story

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're here, Duncan's

NEAL WITH IT

Spurs in 1 baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "How to stop attempting to become a control freak."
    Got it for ya.
    8th graders are capable of google searches. You are a self proclaimed sports gambler but also come to sports boards for free information? What are you betting? $5 on the spread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8th graders are capable of google searches. You are a self proclaimed sports gambler but also come to sports boards for free information? What are you betting? $5 on the spread?
    We've already had 3 posters disagree / need clarification.

Nets cover 1st half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be to me interesting to see how DJM handles decision making under the pressure of the meaningful contest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it worth making the playoffs and giving up a top 10 pick to send the Clippers and Lakers home in the same season?

yes… yes it is (in the voice of Josh Brolin)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10717098[/URL]]It will be to me interesting to see how DJM handles decision making under the pressure of the meaningful contest.
    More interested in seeing if Keldon or Devin play well. I’m assuming Lonnie will the bed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More interested in seeing if Keldon or Devin play well. I’m assuming Lonnie will the bed.
    Fair enough
    Look for DJM turnovers or not might be a key if he stresses under pressure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough
    Look for DJM turnovers or not might be a key if he stresses under pressure
    He doesn’t turn the ball over much under any cir stances. What he does is go hero ball, and start chucking up contested turnaround jumpers instead of going to the rack or passing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ÿeah... they're the one team who should go at the play in hard with no regrets.
    If they make the playoffs, they make a point (to their fan base, their core, Zion and the league), they still have a good lottery pick in the Lakers', and guarantee themselves a respectable draft slot while sending Portland the much worse 2025 Milwaukee first rounder instead (should be late 1st).
    But if they don't, they still have a respectable chance at 1-4 with their own pick (10% chance at 1-4), so Portland can get a pick in the 11-14 range at best. Not that bad.
    I didn't like the CJ McCollum trade at first glance, but could end up nicely for them.

PS: Just realized that they could still have TWO top 4 picks... a longshot, but man they'd be stacked should that happen...
    They've used McCollum a bunch as a PG rather than a 6'3" SG, and I think that makes all the difference, especially paired in the back court with uber-defender Herb Jones or the 6'8" Brandon Ingram... so different from the Trailblazers with their back court defensive sieve of 6'2" Lillard + 6'3" McCollum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Towns ting the bed big time Spurs might actually beat these losers if they manage to beat the Pels

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Towns ting the bed big time Spurs might actually beat these losers if they manage to beat the Pels
    Don't worry, if the Spurs win and play the Wolves in the second game, KAT will go off. He averaged 35 and 14 against the Spurs this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fouled out with 7 minutes to play in the 4th. Damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs love LA teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like we're playing LA after we beat New Orleans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are going to the playoffs, book it

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs love LA teams
    Lol, I'm always paranoid when playing the LA teams. That 2004 series against the Lakers traumatized me, lol. And then of course there was the blatant no-call in 2008 that should've sent Brent to the line for 3 shots, but of course the refs swallowed their whistles to bail out the Birthday Cakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo. It's kinda win win at this point.

We could lose the next game and I've already had the schadenfreude of keeping Lakers and LeBron out.

If we somehow make the playoffs, we kill the streak of missing and give the young guys good experience and confidence. If not, our draft chances improve.

If I had to choose, I'd lean towards the better pick because I don't see this team making a serious playoff run...but whatever happens happens and I'm not gonna stress over it. Basically playing with house money at this point.
    As of now if we make the PO, we eliminated both LA teams.

Thread Information