Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I reckon Netflix will be in for a cool reckoning. They’re jacking up the prices every year it seems. Their cheapest (with HD) is almost 20 bucks now. Remove the last remaining features this has and is pretty much game over for them.

I switched to HBO Max last year and I’m happy about it. There is far more content I want to consume than I ever did at Netflix. The fact they release movies on their service concurrently with theater is the cherry on top.

Netflix wants you to pay all that money for TV Shows they only make every 2 years. Stranger Things as their biggest example.
    I wonder if viewers are actually starting to rotate from service to service. It's kind of a pain in the ass but just paying for one subscription per month can save quite a bit of money.
    I also wonder if they'll start requiring longer commitments. Or at least give a better price if you lock in for a year.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I wonder if viewers are actually starting to rotate from service to service. It's kind of a pain in the ass but just paying for one subscription per month can save quite a bit of money.
    I also wonder if they'll start requiring longer commitments. Or at least give a better price if you lock in for a year.
    I'm currently doing that with the services I don't watch as much but have some things I want to see. Got Epix and Showtime through Roku for $4/2 months around new year's and currently on Paramount+ for $6/3 months to catch up on Star Trek shows. Netflix will probably drop from my regular subscriptions too. I can and have gotten stuff illegally but prefer paying at least something for the content these days.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't remember the last thing I watched on Netflix.

I still haven't watched the latest season of Ozark, and part of the problem is I keep forgetting about it, because I'm not ever on Netflix to see it pop up and remind me.

They seem like they're losing the content battle if you go by watercooler conversation, but they also still have most of the top-streamed shows (even though I don't know a single person who watches, say, Lucifer). They're basically the CBS of streaming TV now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    I pay $10.50 a month for an Emby share account with iptv, movies, shows, workout programs, etc. I pay ~$4-5 a month for Netflix through T-mobile. The only thing saving Netflix is them dropping all of the episodes of their shows at once. They might want to look using Disney+ and HBO's format of dropping once episode a week.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm currently doing that with the services I don't watch as much but have some things I want to see. Got Epix and Showtime through Roku for $4/2 months around new year's and currently on Paramount+ for $6/3 months to catch up on Star Trek shows. Netflix will probably drop from my regular subscriptions too. I can and have gotten stuff illegally but prefer paying at least something for the content these days.
    Same. Prime was offering 3 months of several different channels for $3 per month (I think). So I caught up on the Showtime shows I like. And some Britbox stuff. And I've subscribed to Epix for a month here and there for some shows.
    I try to make sure I cancel as soon as I sign up. Cutting cable saves money as long as you're good about managing the subscriptions.

I tried using a pirate service but our internet was so bad that it never worked. Whereas all paid services stream pretty well for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I pay $10.50 a month for an Emby share account with iptv, movies, shows, workout programs, etc. I pay ~$4-5 a month for Netflix through T-mobile. The only thing saving Netflix is them dropping all of the episodes of their shows at once. They might want to look using Disney+ and HBO's format of dropping once episode a week.
    I've kind of gone full circle where I don't mind waiting a week for the next episode.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can and have gotten stuff illegally but prefer paying at least something for the content these days.
    I do it regularly and dont feel bad about it one iota.

I do my fair share of paying so I see that as recompense. If I like a show enough like for example Breaking Bad I would buy the whole series on Blu Ray anyways so in one way or another, the show makers get their share from me.

That's how it usually works with me. I try a show out by pirating the out of it, watch it and decide to buy it on amazon legit or something like that as a series bundle. I'm a nerd when it comes to behind the scenes, audio commentary and how the show is made etc so that's extra incentive to get.

I'm currently debating if I should waste my money on another MLB yearly subscription. Red Sox makes that a hard bargain.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I reckon Netflix will be in for a cool reckoning. They’re jacking up the prices every year it seems. Their cheapest (with HD) is almost 20 bucks now. Remove the last remaining features this has and is pretty much game over for them.

I switched to HBO Max last year and I’m happy about it. There is far more content I want to consume than I ever did at Netflix. The fact they release movies on their service concurrently with theater is the cherry on top.

Netflix wants you to pay all that money for TV Shows they only make every 2 years. Stranger Things as their biggest example.
    They still do that? Thought I read that was ending in 2022.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    They still do that? Thought I read that was ending in 2022.
    They waited 45 days with The Batman so I guess that's how it is going forward. I get HBO Max free with AT&T Fiber but that would be a strong candidate for a monthly subscription.

There's enough stuff we want to watch on Starz out or upcoming (Shining Vale, Venom: Carnage, Gaslit) where I won't even mind paying full price for a month.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Their stock hit an all time high of $700/share in November. It has crashed down to $218/share wow
    Netflix's management

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Elon Musk gave his theory.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Netflix's management
    What's better than ty standard Netflix? Ad riddled Netflix.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/netfl...200457023.html

How would this make it any better? Watch mediocre content but with ads now. rofl

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Elon Musk gave his theory.
    Who cares about a welfare queen's theory?

FWIW after all this time, the Netflix interface is still far and away the best. It's astounding that Disney and Warner can't figure it out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    holy cow this is an old bump lol
    Lol. First one I came to.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Their stock hit an all time high of $700/share in November. It has crashed down to $218/share wow
    I mean, pandemic had all these streaming services riding high

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Anyone else getting a real grainy version of Seinfeld or just me? Every other show crystal clear

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

FWIW after all this time, the Netflix interface is still far and away the best. It's astounding that Disney and Warner can't figure it out.
    Prime is in terms of interface.

I still cant understand it. There is a bunch of you have to sift through to get to your own stuff. Its only not such a big deal because that service is more of an add on instead of a full fleshed out service like Netflix etc. I mean it still is but the main draw for me is the next day shipping. Otherwise I wouldn't subscribe to such a mess of a service where the content you want is always hidden. At least for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

seconded

Disney+ and Hulu are atrocious in this respect. prime's is fine.

not completely surprising that netflix subscriptions are cratering. i think they have more regular price hikes than anybody in the industry, and while their original content was a huge driver of their early subscriptions, they're much fewer and farther between now. not to mention there's just significantly more compe ion now. ozark is quite good but is about to finish. they lagged way too much following up on Stranger Things. they cancelled Mindhunter.

they also used to carry more of the "rerun favorites" like friends, the office, etc, but most of those are now pretty scattered. not sure what netflix has in this category anymore outside of seinfeld

if i wasnt account sharing i'd probably drop it
    Last edited by spurraider21; 04-20-2022 at 01:44 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Prime is in terms of interface.

I still cant understand it. There is a bunch of you have to sift through to get to your own stuff. Its only not such a big deal because that service is more of an add on instead of a full fleshed out service like Netflix etc. I mean it still is but the main draw for me is the next day shipping. Otherwise I wouldn't subscribe to such a mess of a service where the content you want is always hidden. At least for me.
    Yeah I hate using prime too. Even when there's stuff I like I still tend to avoid it just because it's user unfriendly

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i was paying for prime annually before i even knew they had a streaming service. the shipping aspect justifies the cost alone. easily the no brainer subscription of the lot. otherwise, disney+ is great with a kid for regular content.

i'd probably just rotate the rest on a monthly basis

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    if i wasnt account sharing i'd probably drop it
    Well you're getting another opportunity to cancel then.

But if they're smart they will backtrack from this and let that be for now. Bleeding money and then you cut even more people by charging them for account sharing which was a feature they promoted as free.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Prime's interface is crappy for anything but its own originals. I don't think Bezos prioritized the entertainment aspects of Prime when they started (he doesn't listen to music -- ANY music) and the apps reflect that. Their originals have eclipsed Netflix as far as I'm concerned. I can't even tell you if I'm looking forward to another season of any Netflix original right now save Ozark; could easily rattle off four or five from Prime.
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 04-20-2022 at 03:52 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Crazy because when House of Cards came out, it was a game changer. Now yeah, I'm gonna watch stranger things, maybe do the Witcher but that's it. Most all of their cheap Euro content blows.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Is Tinder Swindler good?

I need to improve my Tinder game lol

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Netflix has gone in a weird way with all the trashy reality TV shows. Who gives a about Too Hot to Handle or Love Is Blind?

Their number 1 reasoning for their price hikes as of late is that they’re creating new and fresh content but all I see is ty tier stuff like the above being made.

Thread Information