Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2078
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the WarrriorRef report guys. I avoided 95% of the game.

Bostons offense: Did they revert to Kobme Tatum because the other starters were bricking or ?
    -36 for Tatum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston had a ton of TO. I dare say that cost them the game. A bunch of them came from ISO Kobme plays, others were just trying to force transition offense and warriors defending that well. Boston looked rushed on many plays, and out of control. I think the mental factor played into this, once the poor calls, and the emotions got the best of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any team in history that gets away with moving screens as much as the warriors do? I just rewatched it and there was a play where green literally with both arms forward pushing out Curry's defender forward out of the play...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any team in history that gets away with moving screens as much as the warriors do? I just rewatched it and there was a play where green literally with both arms forward pushing out Curry's defender forward out of the play...
    Refs: "That's just the way he plays, he's an intense guy"

I couldn't believe it when Javie literally said on live television that refs consider player tendencies and also are more careful to hand out a second tech because "an ejection would affect the game".

Like...shouldn't a tech be a tech regardless of the player or situation? Why would you coddle a guy for already having picked up one tech...if anything, they should be MORE harsh so they will quit their bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watch highlights of the game...draymond green shouldve been fouled out by the end of the 3rd quarter, fkn clown gets away with too much on the floor with his moving screens and holding players from chasing offensive player or getting back up
    I just posted about this same thing before I saw your post

I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices this, it's pathetic. If they keep this up and nobody is going to want to watch this NBA's ty product.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like...shouldn't a tech be a tech regardless of the player or situation? Why would you coddle a guy for already having picked up one tech...if anything, they should be MORE harsh so they will quit their bull .
    You would think...
    So much for calling things fair and even 😕

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I couldn't believe it when Javie literally said on live television that refs consider player tendencies and also are more careful to hand out a second tech because "an ejection would affect the game".

Because it’s Dubs the darling of the NBA. Draymond getting ejected could get the rest of the Boston offense going. Getting 0-2 heading to Boston would be disastrous. The refs were making sure this playoffs extends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and another off the top of my head and maybe the most blatant of all - the 2002 Kings Vs Lakers was another game I remember that it felt and looked like it was blatantly called in favour of one team.
    that game is the prime example of rigging games. Absolute joke. The Kings should've won that series and everybody knows it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green is making a mockery of the NBA. Unless I see someone deal with that creep I'll be not watching much. By deal with him I mean toss him out of the game or maybe knock his ass out. Celtic alumni player said 'Try do that in the 80s and someone would knock the er out.'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green is making a mockery of the NBA. Unless I see someone deal with that creep I'll be not watching much. By deal with him I mean toss him out of the game or maybe knock his ass out. Celtic alumni player said 'Try do that in the 80s and someone would knock the er out.'
    I think Grant Williams has been trying to bait him. I think the 3rd game at Boston would be VERY physical after that no technical and see how the officials react.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Adam silver is around, he won’t do anything about it. And hide how horrible of a commissioner he is behind whatever social justice issue he can milk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I found the podcast Daslicer was referring to and watched it all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk0dZ-ZsuM0

Tim Donaghy will explain the BS the NBA does. Supposedly this was cleaned up, but if you look at the NBA now, you can still see some of the stuff happening that Tim Donaghy is talking about. The Draymond thing is a prime example of it, and also Steve Javie isn't the best guy to take advice from as he's one of the refs that Tim said was at the top of Stern's list for calling crucial games when they needed something to go a certain way. Bavetta, Joey Crawford, Steve Javie were the guys the NBA had refereeing games when they wanted to pull some shady like extending series. I remember talking about specific referees names here 10+ years ago as when you saw that name before a game, you knew you were not going to get favourable calls.

I am now certain that game 6 against OKC in 2012 was a screw job. Games in the Spurs Vs Mavericks 2006 series (I think game 3 & 4 especially were refereed a certain way), also Dallas was screwed over in the finals that year. 2000, Portland against Lakers (although Rasheed admitted he takes some of the blame as the Blazers missed 13 shots in a row and 8 of the misses were from himself, so he said he could have made some of those shots), and another off the top of my head and maybe the most blatant of all - the 2002 Kings Vs Lakers was another game I remember that it felt and looked like it was blatantly called in favour of one team.
    It was never cleaned up. It's always been like this probably since the time Stern took over the league during the 1980's. Silver is just a nicer version of Stern.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Adam silver is around, he won’t do anything about it. And hide how horrible of a commissioner he is behind whatever social justice issue he can milk.
    Sounds like the politicians that we have today in Washington.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the WarrriorRef report guys. I avoided 95% of the game.

Bostons offense: Did they revert to Kobme Tatum because the other starters were bricking or ?
    -36 for Tatum.
    well, anytime boston players drove into the lane they were hacked across their arms from three directions- of course no calls

and this triggered a warriors break

eventually boston knew the fix was in and they pretty much got out of sorts

then udoka had enough of greens bull (udoka giving green the stink eye was funny - id take udoka over that got in a fight any day)

and refs T-ed up udoka

after that the celtics basically said “we’ll get em in boston”

however i doubt the refs will give those same calls to boston in both games
    if lucky- boston will get a fair shake in ONE of the home games - NOT in both

then those front-running gots will get another assist from the refs in game 5 at gs

and prance around with a 3-2 lead

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch this podcast with Rasheed, Bonzi and former NBA ref Tim Donaghy. It's worth watching if you want to know the kind of stuff NBA refs can get up to as they are instructed before games on certain things :

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

well, anytime boston players drove into the lane they were hacked across their arms from three directions- of course no calls

then udoka had enough of greens bull (udoka giving green the stink eye was funny - id take udoka over that got in a fight any day)

and refs T-ed up udoka

then those front-running gots will get another assist from the refs in game 5 at gs

Draymond: 'I've earned differential treatment' from refs - Espn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am now certain that game 6 against OKC in 2012 was a screw job. Games in the Spurs Vs Mavericks 2006 series (I think game 3 & 4 especially were refereed a certain way), also Dallas was screwed over in the finals that year.
    Why would the league be biased in favor of Dallas over SA? Both were defensive teams with a superstar PF, both from Texas. If anything, the Spurs were more exciting at that time because of Tony and Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

and refs T-ed up udoka

Rack it.
    Thank you for the details.
    I've got it on video but probably won't bother. Like daslicer sometimes it's better just to avoid rigged Dubs games.

Watch this podcast with Rasheed, Bonzi and former NBA ref Tim Donaghy. It's worth watching if you want to know the kind of stuff NBA refs can get up to as they are instructed before games on certain things :
    FFS there it is word for word.
    To those who think it never happened.
    And we're supposed to believe as time goes on it's getting better? True Stern Jr. is just a continuation of corruption.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I TOTALLY disagree with you on a player's RIGHT to disrespect the flag. Professional athletes are paid exorbitant amounts of money to PLAY... They are NOT paid that money to make political statements while they are getting paid to play! If I started blathering on and on with MY political opinions and wore a shirt with a political statement when I was getting paid to work, management would politely call me into an office, close the door and politely and pointedly tell me that while I have a right to my opinions, they hired me to do the job they are paying me to do... NOT to express my political opinions on THEIR time.. Further, they would tell me to go home and put on a work appropriate shirt with NO political statement on it.. and then come back to work. I have 3 Let's Go Brandon t shirts that I wear regularly.. but I would NEVER consider wearing them at work because it would be inappropriate to do so.
    Undoubtedly, they would also tell me that if I refused, I WOULD be fired.
    Players DO NOT have a right to force their political opinions on the fans by kneeling, making gestures, or wearing uniforms with political statements on them while playing.
    If said players were really THAT passionate about something, there are appropriate times and places to express their opinions. Doing so while you are being paid to play is NOT one of those appropriate times...PERIOD.. no arguments by you or anyone else on this issue

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the league be biased in favor of Dallas over SA? Both were defensive teams with a superstar PF, both from Texas. If anything, the Spurs were more exciting at that time because of Tony and Manu.
    No idea, but I remember ridiculous touch fouls/phantom fouls in the 4th quarters of game 3 & 4 of that series when the Spurs had a lead. Tim and Manu fouled out in one of those games. Tim's, I recall was Dirk stepping on Tim's foot and they were quick to call the foul on Tim to get him out. Both Manu and Tim were playing great in the 4th quarter of the game they fouled out of. Also, the Manu foul on Dirk at the end of game 7, Manu barely touched him (he did make contact), but then Tim Duncan was hacked at the end of regulation and never got any free throws. I don't think that series was called fairly. I have no idea why. Maybe the NBA wanted Dallas in the finals so they could favour Miami. No idea on the reasons, but in any case, I think the officiating was terrible in the Spurs Vs Mavs series. Dallas got royally screwed in the finals, but I don't feel bad for them as IMO they got what they deserved as they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas is a bigger market, and a much bigger TV market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idea, but I remember ridiculous touch fouls/phantom fouls in the 4th quarters of game 3 & 4 of that series when the Spurs had a lead. Tim and Manu fouled out in one of those games. Tim's, I recall was Dirk stepping on Tim's foot and they were quick to call the foul on Tim to get him out. Both Manu and Tim were playing great in the 4th quarter of the game they fouled out of. Also, the Manu foul on Dirk at the end of game 7, Manu barely touched him (he did make contact), but then Tim Duncan was hacked at the end of regulation and never got any free throws. I don't think that series was called fairly. I have no idea why. Maybe the NBA wanted Dallas in the finals so they could favour Miami. No idea on the reasons, but in any case, I think the officiating was terrible in the Spurs Vs Mavs series. Dallas got royally screwed in the finals, but I don't feel bad for them as IMO they got what they deserved as they shouldn't have been there in the first place.
    If you go back and look at the game 1s from 2003 and 2006, Dallas shot 49 and 50 FTs. That's not a typo. The league knew that if they got behind, they would fold like a cheap card table.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been thinking bout tonites game…

aint no ing way the celtics will be allowed to return to gs up- 3-1

just no ing way

dont know which game the refs will corrupt the game- but one of these in boston will be fixed

disgusting

boston is the better team, better defense, more balanced - but they got to keep their heads and keep plugging away despite the frustration of fighting against the opponent and the bad calls…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Grant Williams has been trying to bait him. I think the 3rd game at Boston would be VERY physical after that no technical and see how the officials react.
    Yeah my thoughts as well. Go CELTICS Rope a Donkey!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WARREFS starting early

Thread Information