Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Durant truly becomes available, could the Spurs put together a compe ive trade package? Would you even want them to? Would you move Murray, Johnson, future picks, and salary filler?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I'm guessing that with the amount of cap space we got we HAVE to be aggressive and just splashing out as much as possible. Is Ayton the only way?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to call the Knicks and help them clear the capspace they covet for Irving or Brunson. They did just get those 3 OKC picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Durant truly becomes available, could the Spurs put together a compe ive trade package? Would you even want them to? Would you move Murray, Johnson, future picks, and salary filler?
    no.

You want to trade your two best players for an arguably better, but much older player just to play with your rooks and G-league fodders?
    Jeez.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no.

You want to trade your two best players for an arguably better, but much older player just to play with your rooks and G-league fodders?
    Jeez.
    I agree. I wouldn’t do that trade either. Obviously it depends on the exact trade package (the Spurs can’t give up their entire future), but in general if the Spurs can trade for Durant while keeping Murray then I absolutely think they should. This would immediately vault them back into contention, and that’s the whole point of this process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Durant is definitely better, but you don't move Murray in the pursuit of Durant. You keep Murray, snag a max guy in free agency and then go all in on Durant. Obviously you keep who you can. But that has to be the structure of an off-season that involves a Durant trade.

Anyway, if I'm Pop, I wait for the Grizzlies to release Green and then offer to let him rehab in SA and be a part-time coach for a while. I don't think Danny's future is in coaching, though stranger things, but I do think he can impart a fair bit of wisdom on the young guys. I think only Murray played on the team with Green at this point. All of the prospects know how to dribble, so we don't have to worry about Danny teaching them that. But they could all use some improvement with either defense or shooting. Having another guy with multiple rings in the building who craved out a role-player career doing those things might be a good counter-balance to the team's normal track of pushing young players to develop "star" skills immediately over role-player skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. I wouldn’t do that trade either. Obviously it depends on the exact trade package (the Spurs can’t give up their entire future), but in general if the Spurs can trade for Durant while keeping Murray then I absolutely think they should. This would immediately vault them back into contention, and that’s the whole point of this process.
    Not that I would do this trade for the reasons beforementioned but Ido'nt think you can get Durant without losing Murray. He's spurs only real asset for a big trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this draft for us as much as anyone, but let's not go overboard, these are 3 kids that just turned 19 and need some developing. Going all in for a Durant caliber star will likely mean other trades for established players that both cost us assets and block the development of our promising youth, and we can't have it both ways. We need to accept the process we're in and keep building on it, if we stay on course and flip Richardson and Poeltl for young long term assets, play this young core we just assembled and continue to look for opportunities to bolster our talent level (especially in the front court), this season our record may be worse, but we'll have another shot at a generational talent and it would be the final year of non-compe iveness. I think that route makes much more sense for us given the state of things. Rushing it sounds tempting, but will prove very costly in the medium to long term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Durant is definitely better, but you don't move Murray in the pursuit of Durant. You keep Murray, snag a max guy in free agency and then go all in on Durant. Obviously you keep who you can. But that has to be the structure of an off-season that involves a Durant trade.

Anyway, if I'm Pop, I wait for the Grizzlies to release Green and then offer to let him rehab in SA and be a part-time coach for a while. I don't think Danny's future is in coaching, though stranger things, but I do think he can impart a fair bit of wisdom on the young guys. I think only Murray played on the team with Green at this point. All of the prospects know how to dribble, so we don't have to worry about Danny teaching them that. But they could all use some improvement with either defense or shooting. Having another guy with multiple rings in the building who craved out a role-player career doing those things might be a good counter-balance to the team's normal track of pushing young players to develop "star" skills immediately over role-player skills.
    I like this tbh. Danny is definitely a good vet to have around the young guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still feel like we are getting closer to making a decision on a direction. We should either build with DJ or trade him and Jak for draft assets knowing we'll have a high pick in next years draft. If we build I still think Collins fits here and should come cheap. Since Atl publicly proclaimed they were trading him last night and didn't might erode his value even further. Richardson (or a future 1st that Richardson might bring) + a future second might do it... I'm not sure if I prefer to build or trade out on DJ because I think he's at about his peak and his timeline is different that the guys we just brought in... I just hope the direction becomes clear when FA starts..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night may have lowered the odds of moving Jak. The teams that were said to have an interest (Charlotte, Toronto) picked up centers they may want to see how they fit. On the other hand, they may want Jak for a year while the rookies get their legs under them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night may have lowered the odds of moving Jak. The teams that were said to have an interest (Charlotte, Toronto) picked up centers they may want to see how they fit. On the other hand, they may want Jak for a year while the rookies get their legs under them.
    I don't think a 2nd rd pick by toronto addresses their need for a starting C next season at all... Charlotte is probably out but Toronto is still an option...they'll probably be more options in FA too..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still feel like we are getting closer to making a decision on a direction. We should either build with DJ or trade him and Jak for draft assets knowing we'll have a high pick in next years draft. If we build I still think Collins fits here and should come cheap. Since Atl publicly proclaimed they were trading him last night and didn't might erode his value even further. Richardson (or a future 1st that Richardson might bring) + a future second might do it... I'm not sure if I prefer to build or trade out on DJ because I think he's at about his peak and his timeline is different that the guys we just brought in... I just hope the direction becomes clear when FA starts..
    I think what we do with Poeltl will determine if we are really going to tear it down, or if we are trying to build something around Dejounte. I do not think we pay him what the market might demand next off season and I don't think Poeltl signs any type of extension without testing free agency. Trying to upgrade from him or trading him for nothing but picks would be a clear sign of where the front office thinks this team is going. Or maybe they already said that turning down the number 4 pick for 9 and Keldon and making the price for Dejounte so high it can damn earn only be paid by two teams that don't want Dejounte.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think what we do with Poeltl will determine if we are really going to tear it down, or if we are trying to build something around Dejounte. I do not think we pay him what the market might demand next off season and I don't think Poeltl signs any type of extension without testing free agency. Trying to upgrade from him or trading him for nothing but picks would be a clear sign of where the front office thinks this team is going. Or maybe they already said that turning down the number 4 pick for 9 and Keldon and making the price for Dejounte so high it can damn earn only be paid by two teams that don't want Dejounte.
    I agree that a Poeltl decision will give us a pretty clear indication. . . I'm really hoping for some clarity in about a week or so..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all the draft and relative cap space in the books. It's pretty safe to say that the spurs will bid on a big this summer.

Overall i think it's a good idea because there are several bigs in this FA : Ayton, Bamba, J Smith, even Hartenstein ..........

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not in for KD. Not like we are 1 player away from taking the next step. And moving onto KD derails a lot of what we've done the past 2 years. Besides having to shift to building around a 32? year old player post-achilles repair and putting vets around him. Sending out all of our youth. It could derail us even longer for 1-2 seasons of post season play?

Plus, doubt he'd want to come here anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking they could’ve gotten Duren. Pistons only paid 2025 1st (from Portland), 9 mil for Kemba, and a 10-pick swap at last night 2nd round. Easily Spurs could’ve topped that. THEN it makes me thinking, Spurs are getting a bigger fish, either Ayton or Myles. It has to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant makes no sense and we have no viable path to acquire him so not sure it is even worth discussing.

Ayton also makes little sense. A marginal upgrade at C at a the cost of a $25 M differential is just bad management. Drafting Duran or Williams would have made more sense than going after Ayton.

Yes Spurs have lots of cap space, but maybe their plan is to continue with some of these medium size moves and to extend our core.

With that said, I still think Bridges would be a good target to give us a nice 3/4 rotation with KJ and Sochan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kemba Walker laughing to the bank. Literally going to be getting paid by three teams once he signs for the vet min after he’s bought out by Detroit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw this on twitter FWIW: “Knicks main focus is Jalen Brunson. Trade for Dejounte Murray secondary. #NBA”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking they could’ve gotten Duren. Pistons only paid 2025 1st (from Portland), 9 mil for Kemba, and a 10-pick swap at last night 2nd round. Easily Spurs could’ve topped that. THEN it makes me thinking, Spurs are getting a bigger fish, either Ayton or Myles. It has to be.
    Or Charlotte rushed into a trade before finding out what other teams might offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw this on twitter FWIW: “Knicks main focus is Jalen Brunson. Trade for Dejounte Murray secondary. #NBA”
    Yes, it seems fait accompli that they sign Brunson. Probably for too much. Knicks being Knicks and taking the Mavs' second best player in the POs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, it seems fait accompli that they sign Brunson. Probably for too much. Knicks being Knicks and taking the Mavs' second best player in the POs.
    Maybe but it also sounds like the Mavs really want him though, especially since they have few other ways to improve the roster around Luka.

On the other hand, I think the Knicks would give up a lot to get Murray starting with those 3 picks they just got from OKC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Richardson and Doug should be prioritized to be traded. Get any future firsts you can even if it means taking on a year of a bad deal etc.

Unless you can land Ayton/Lavine but outside of that clear the path for minutes and get as many picks as you can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or Charlotte rushed into a trade before finding out what other teams might offer.
    No sense crying on spilled milk. I love what Sochan’s defense can bring to practically everybody, help with point-of-attack, hide Keldon, help on Poeltl. Sochan is like a Gorilla tape fix-all-leaks defense. Add Duren shot blocking and on-man defense into that. Man. Sochan, Duren, either Malaki/Blake, Liddell

Thread Information