Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting for the 1 year 20 mill contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if signing him does to compromise the Spurs cap, just get his ass back.

But quite honestly, I want to have Manu memories from his prime and his great comeback in 14. I don't wanna see him as a corpse like T-mac or Arenas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if signing him does to compromise the Spurs cap, just get his ass back.

But quite honestly, I want to have Manu memories from his prime and his great comeback in 14. I don't wanna see him as a corpse like T-mac or Arenas.
    Dude made a series-changing play with his amazing block on Harden. He still has some juice left in him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes no sense dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes no sense dude.
    How much do they sign him for this year? 5 Million? 8 Million? 10? 14 again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not willing to concede anything yet. The Rockets are a flawed team with D'Antoni being their coach and not having a depth. OKC has gotten better but I still think the Spurs can beat them. Remember the Spurs were always compe ive against Durant-Westbrook. George is a great player but he's not on Durant's level so I think they are also beatable. The Warriors still remain in my eyes the biggest obstacle for the Spurs.
    Yeah, and we aren't doing anything or do not have any more viable options at least for next year to contend with the warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, and we aren't doing anything or do not have any more viable options at least for next year to contend with the warriors.
    Same team. One year older while the West improves yet again.

60 wins and the second seed might not even be a possibility now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same team. One year older while the West improves yet again.

60 wins and the second seed might not even be a possibility now.
    I'm just hoping for a Kawhi mvp tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "felt like"?

this guy can't see the obvious. It's time Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He "still doesn't know" if he's coming back. ing Manu...You know. Probably holding out for whatever money is left after Fatty ran off with his money bags.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I thought the Spurs would have beaten the Warriors this year if it wasn't for the Zaza hit job. They had the right idea on how to play the Warriors which is slow down the pace of the game and crash the offensive boards which they were doing up until Kawhi got hurt. If they remain healthy they will have a chance. There is no quick fix to beating the Warriors. TBH there was no nobody on the FA market that I wanted. I was anti-CP3 and the Spurs didn't have any young assets to trade for PG. Spurs are going to have to rely on player development and hope Murray,Bertans,White and the rest of the young players can get better over the next few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Manu the best player against the Warriors?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's sad as ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is, but that's another story.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    SAGirl disagrees

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Dex;9068043]“If I had already made up my mind,” he wrote, “I would have burst into tears right there.”

i don't think spurs fans were so sentimental bc they WANT him to retire. its the possibility of seeing him play his last game that got us all choked up...first tim, then tony goes down, and manu was all of a sudden the last man standing. And what made it even more special is the heart he showed with his play on the floor.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If his agent asked for 14 million again, I'd hope they'd hang up on him. I'm sure they want him back but at the minimum or somewhere near it. He already got his golden parachute contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bait ignored. Let him believe what he wants. Manu was solid save game 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vet minimum. Nothing more than that. While I do not want to use a roster spot on a guy that may only pay 15-20 minutes a night, I think the Spurs will need his leadership in the lockerroom. Kawhi is more in the TD mold of lead by example but he is not vocal. Manu can help these new guys along and he has juice still left in him. I think the franchise owes him a lot so if he is willing to come back cheap, I am all for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If his agent asked for 14 million again, I'd hope they'd hang up on him. I'm sure they want him back but at the minimum or somewhere near it. He already got his golden parachute contract.

Unless I missed something , they haven't renounced him yet - even with his massive cap hold. If he was seriously demanding something like $14M again, I would think even the Spurs would move on. To me, that says he really hasn't decided if he's coming back or not, and he's waiting to see how the roster develops. The Spurs haven't needed to renounce yet, so they're standing pat. Everybody saves face, everybody looks good.

I don't know what really happened last year, but there's not a team in the league who would offer Manu anything like $14M this year. He still has value, but not that much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see him getting a max one year contract tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu's leadership is needed, but it's just avoiding the inevitable because Kawhi isn't a leader. Manu will retire one day, and when that happens there will be no real leader. Patty doesn't have the gravitas that Tim and Manu have, and Tony is too much of an isolationist, elitist personality to associate with lower level players.

This is why I wanted the Spurs to keep Diaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Kawhi is not a leader.."

I love how some people keep saying the same ignoring all the things that making Kawhi a leader last season.

Of course Manu, Patty are older and more extrovert but it doesn't mean that Spurs players are looking for Mills when things go wrong...

When they needed a leader to guide them, they looked at Kawhi and he didn't let them down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I felt like they wanted me to retire" ...And supposedly "they wanted to trade LMA for draft picks but they couldn't" "they heard offers for Danny Green but didn't get a good one"

Not sure about the chemistry of this team next season with a lot of players feeling "they" don't want them...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless I missed something , they haven't renounced him yet - even with his massive cap hold. If he was seriously demanding something like $14M again, I would think even the Spurs would move on. To me, that says he really hasn't decided if he's coming back or not, and he's waiting to see how the roster develops. The Spurs haven't needed to renounce yet, so they're standing pat. Everybody saves face, everybody looks good.

I don't know what really happened last year, but there's not a team in the league who would offer Manu anything like $14M this year. He still has value, but not that much.
    If they decide to stay over the cap and keep Manu's cap hold then they can pay him whatever he wants up to the tax line, it won't matter, except for Holt's pockets.

Thread Information