Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Samanic can legit guard both forward positions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't mind Eubanks developing as the 3rd string center he seems solid enough to do so. And yeah his timing was oddly off which makes me wonder if that's a fixable thing when he's trying to block shots it's not like he just can't jump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course he's not(and I say that as someone that hates Derozan). Too much morons slurping everything they hear out of Calipari's mouth. Did anyone expect him to on his own players? Of course his coach is going to give him false praise. Calipari needs to recruit new players next year. He's probably happy Keldon's mediocre ass is gone.

We even had re s actually believing that Suns picked the wrong Johnson by mistake. That's how overrated Keldon has become in the Spurs fanbase. He's not a Derrick White - an older player that went low because he played for a small school. Keldon played for Kentucky...every NBA scout knew who he was and still passed on him for a reason. He doesn't have much upside. His poor season at Kentucky didn't help either. I don't know what the Spurs saw in him.
    As a former U.K. fan I totally agree. Drafting a Wildcat is a total waste.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course he's not(and I say that as someone that hates Derozan). Too much morons slurping everything they hear out of Calipari's mouth. Did anyone expect him to on his own players? Of course his coach is going to give him false praise. Calipari needs to recruit new players next year. He's probably happy Keldon's mediocre ass is gone.

We even had re s actually believing that Suns picked the wrong Johnson by mistake. That's how overrated Keldon has become in the Spurs fanbase. He's not a Derrick White - an older player that went low because he played for a small school. Keldon played for Kentucky...every NBA scout knew who he was and still passed on him for a reason. He doesn't have much upside. His poor season at Kentucky didn't help either. I don't know what the Spurs saw in him.

KJ is a better version of Danny Green with offensive potential. It was his first summer league game. Let 2 or 3 years of development happen before ting on him.

He was the #13 ranked kid coming out of high school in the nation. Spurs development got this

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-summ...ecap-analysis/

All in all, I'm pretty excited by what we saw. It wasn't an amazing showing but there wasn't reason to be too down about anyone.

Again, if you are asked to accept notifications from SpursTalk, it'd be really helpful if you did. Thanks

How do we get asked?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Samanic can legit guard both forward positions?
    I think he's firmly a modern four. I don't think he's an every-possession perimeter defender but he can handle switches.

I don't see him able to become a full-time three.

The Big Three Southwest Texas Fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for letting me know

Do you see a bell in the lower left hand corner? If so, click it and it should ask again whether you want to accept notifications.
    I’m not getting the bell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not getting the bell
    Are you using Chrome?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of this year's three draft pick, today's most disappointing was Keldon Johnson, but it's all of their first game. Plus he's young just like Saminic. I would've liked to have seen Samanic and Johnson shoot more threes. Hopefully they will in the next game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I allowed notifications and I didn't get .
    Hmmm... the only thing I can think of is you have to allow notifications on each device you use.

I’m not getting the bell
    I'll look into a non-bell alternative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie looked pretty good, I’d rather he attack the rim and get some 3s up but overall he was good, Luka looks promising I liked that he would try to dunk and block everything, and I don’t if you can grade Keldons game. defensively he seemed really good but he didn’t try much on offensive hopefully next game he’s more aggressive

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ is a better version of Danny Green with offensive potential. It was his first summer league game. Let 2 or 3 years of development happen before ting on him.

He was the #13 ranked kid coming out of high school in the nation. Spurs development got this
    lmao at better version of Danny Green. Danny Green's steal and block rates were much better than Keldon's in college. In fact, Keldon's reputation as a defender is overrated. Most Kentucky fans will tell you this. The stats back it up too. Defensively, he ranked on the lower end among all college shooting guards:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not getting the bell
    This is what I just did right now.

On Chrome:

1. Click on the little lock next to the address bar.
    2. Click on "Site settings"

3. Look for "Notifications"
    4. Click on the dropdown list and select "Allow".
    5. That's it. It should ask you if you want to reload the page.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Derrick White. But Keldon Johnson will probably be better than Derrick White.
    Derrick White dominated a playoff game this season. Keldon can't even make a dent in the summer league. It's amazing that this scrub is already the most overrated Spur when he hasn't even suited up once yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm... the only thing I can think of is you have to allow notifications on each device you use.

I'll look into a non-bell alternative.
    I'm using Chrome and I got the bell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White dominated a playoff game this season. Keldon can't even make a dent in the summer league. It's amazing that this scrub is already the most overrated Spur when he hasn't even suited up once yet.
    Stay tuned . . .

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice writeup, as always. And a highlight video. Uptown!

I remember some past seasons, the SL games were so terrible that a bunch of people couldn't stand to watch them all the way to the end. Just mind-numbingly bad. This game was at a totally different level. Not jumping the gun and calling anybody a future star, but they were worlds better and more polished looking. I didn't feel like anyone had a hot night - they just played better. That's at least a hopeful sign.

Ben Moore got his 2-way deal cancelled, to make way for Weatherspoon. He still came to play with the SL squad, but I feel badly for him. I've heard that he's at least getting some interest from other teams, and tonight didn't do anything to hurt that. I always wish the best for guys like that who are just trying to catch a bench spot and get a chance.

If Weatherspoon uses his year in Austin to good advantage, I don't see any reason why he can't/won't make an NBA squad. It's sort of a bad break for him that this team has about a dozen guards (give or take ). But if he asserts himself in getting Chip to help him improve his 3P shooting, he may be the one to step in if it proves too expensive to keep Forbes. He's already a solid 3P shooter. If he gets any better, it's going to be hard to ignore him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon will be fine. He's a kid who likely will be a role-player for the foreseeable future trying to get his first NBA action. Next year, he'll probably have a good, but not great SL where he flashes some really intriguing offensive tools but ultimately doesn't rise as a star. Then in Year Three he'll be an effective starter who does well with a bigger offensive load. Then in Year Four, he'll be even more consistent but will show off his legit lowish ceiling. Then in RFA, the Spurs will let him walk and he'll be a solid, but not great NBA starter for other teams for years. Something like Joseph or Kyle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Derrick White. But Keldon Johnson will probably be better than Derrick White.
    lol no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice writeup, as always. And a highlight video. Uptown!

I remember some past seasons, the SL games were so terrible that a bunch of people couldn't stand to watch them all the way to the end. Just mind-numbingly bad. This game was at a totally different level. Not jumping the gun and calling anybody a future star, but they were worlds better and more polished looking. I didn't feel like anyone had a hot night - they just played better. That's at least a hopeful sign.
    I remember those games where we were creaming ourselves over finally getting to see Ryan Richards and hyper-analyzing every DeShaun Thomas or Marcus Denmon highlight.

What a ty group of prospects.

EDIT: Holy , I didn't know Thomas and Denmon were still playing ball, let alone that they're both playing for Panathinaikos in the Euroleague. Good for them.

Last edited by Chinook; 07-01-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    lol is Ryan Richards still playing basketball. Last I remember, he was stinking it up in some of the worst European leagues.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great write up. Samanic looks really scrawny and NOT ready at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol is Ryan Richards still playing basketball. Last I remember, he was stinking it up in some of the worst European leagues.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Great write up. Samanic looks really scrawny and NOT ready at all.
    He actually impressed me tbh. He's definitely too thin though but he already looks more skilled than Poeltl. Doesn't have the body to play for us this year but one year in G-League(and some bulking up) and he could be a legit contributor next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't give a rook some time, would you? It isnt exactly a hot take to on a 29th pick in the draft. We've been saying this for years...when Anderson was drafted, when Dejounte was drafted, when White was drafted.... That odds are against ANY team that the 29th amounts to anything. Yet here you are throwing a fit every chance you when anyone mildly compliments Johnson as if the expectation from the getgo would be he would be an automatic star. Most 29th picks bust, few turn out well and the few that do turn out well happen to take a few years before their potential has been realized and here you are giving this dude just one game to say "i told you so". I think its a pathetic and a lame schtick because i could definitely see you being a decent poster if you just got over it.

Thread Information