By his standards, sure
    ]

Who had more clutch shots?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ]

Who had more clutch shots?
    IT, Westbrook, Jimmy Butler, i don't know.. probably a lot more..

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IT, Westbrook, Jimmy Butler, i don't know.. probably a lot more..
    No they they ing haven't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they they ing haven't.
    sort by "last min FGM". http://www.nbaminer.com/clutch-time-stats/

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't count shots for games you lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty good by this measure...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just crazy how good Kawhi has been. He's like Kobe with his go to moves now, except he actually hits the shots at a high level.

Teams knew Kobe would shoot no matter what so he was swarmed (and he did in fact shoot and missed a ton). Kawhi doesn't get that swarm because teams know he will make the pass and he's an elite mid-range guy that gets great looks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just crazy how good Kawhi has been. He's like Kobe with his go to moves now, except he actually hits the shots at a high level.

Teams knew Kobe would shoot no matter what so he was swarmed (and he did in fact shoot and missed a ton). Kawhi doesn't get that swarm because teams know he will make the pass and he's an elite mid-range guy that gets great looks.
    The midrange is antiquated and not conducive to winning though. You didn't get the memo?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOl why do people call this clutch. Every first option on this list has a lower FG% than their overall FG %. Why is that? Because these first options they tend to press and force more shots than usual to " carry" their team over the top.

Clutch would be performing in late situations more often than not, but that simply never happens because a "clutch"doesn't exist. Confidence exists and most of the top 5-8 players on each team have that confidence in the long run to hit shots at around their regular season percentages because they are who they are. In the long run, the percentages are close to the overall averages.

Vanilla fans and vanilla experts who majored in journalism and write for a living eat the clutch mystique because they only highlight and remember the times the ball goes in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOl why do people call this clutch. Every first option on this list has a lower FG% than their overall FG %. Why is that? Because these first options they tend to press and force more shots than usual to " carry" their team over the top.

Clutch would be performing in late situations more often than not, but that simply never happens because a "clutch"doesn't exist. Confidence exists and most of the top 5-8 players on each team have that confidence in the long run to hit shots at around their regular season percentages because they are who they are. In the long run, the percentages are close to the overall averages.

Vanilla fans and vanilla experts who majored in journalism and write for a living eat the clutch mystique because they only highlight and remember the times the ball goes in.
    Again with this? Jesus christ.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Clutch is relative to other shooters with the same cir stances. Kawhi shooting better I'm those situations that other elite players is what you should compare them too. Not averages from compe ion or stat padding in blow outs. It's relative to other players in the same cir stances. Not the full 48 minutes you stupid .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clutch is relative to other shooters with the same cir stances. Kawhi shooting better I'm those situations that other elite players is what you should compare them too. Not averages from compe ion or stat padding in blow outs. It's relative to other players in the same cir stances. Not the full 48 minutes you stupid .
    Kawhi is shooting .404% in the last 5 minutes and 29% in the last minute. It's all related to variance. Players are who they are. Great shooters are great shooters, great offense players are great offensive players and those percentages will reflect that in the long run compared to their much larger sample of regular season percentages. The best players will be in at the end of games for both teams, or the players who have performed the best in the long run. Those players carry confidence where their percentages are pretty damn close to their career averages. There is no such thing as a clutch gene or a player being more clutch. There is such thing as a player simply being better and having more confidence because he simply is better, not because of a " clutch gene".

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't say anything relating to my post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is shooting .404% in the last 5 minutes and 29% in the last minute. It's all related to variance. Players are who they are. Great shooters are great shooters, great offense players are great offensive players and those percentages will reflect that in the long run compared to their much larger sample of regular season percentages. The best players will be in at the end of games for both teams, or the players who have performed the best in the long run. Those players carry confidence where their percentages are pretty damn close to their career averages. There is no such thing as a clutch gene or a player being more clutch. There is such thing as a player simply being better and having more confidence because he simply is better, not because of a " clutch gene".
    Does it make you feel good knowing that you stand above all the idiots who believe in clutchness? Just like you stood above all the idiots who didn't know LMA wanted to be in Phoenix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is definitely such a thing as being clutch. Anyone who doesn't think there is has literally never done anything compe vely for sport it's about performing under higher pressure situations. And there are definitely players who handle it better than others

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is definitely such a thing as being clutch. Anyone who doesn't think there is has literally never done anything compe vely for sport it's about performing under higher pressure situations. And there are definitely players who handle it better than others
    Based on what data exactly? Show me the data that proves this theory. That's right, there's none long term data that suggest there really is a thing called clutch. There's volume and opportunities but that volume is converted at around the percentage of the players skill and the difficulty of shot ( which some of the greats forced like Kobe).

And don't be a moron and show data based on one game, or one series or one season of shots within the last 1 minute. That sample size isn't large enough to really get a good assessment. Be smart, and show me the long term data that carries weight ( you won't find it). You'll see increased PPG in the playoffs because of more minutes and volume, but not a significant increase in percentages. The better players who have confidence ( which is all the best players in the NBA) are able to perform well vs. the best compe ion better than the 10th and 12th man on the team because they simply are better. It's really that simple.

A player like Joel Anthony won't perform well late in games vs. the best compe ion, not because he's not clutch, but because he's simply not good enough or has enough confidence to perform vs. the best compe ion.

And lol at " people who haven't played compe ively on any stage". I could have played college basketball, but I opted to play college baseball. And all my accomplishments in the clutch all stemmed from confidence that was developed through years of hard work. And it happened about as often as my batting average in the long run. It wasn't because I was born with a clutch gene or because I was clutch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's the stats for hitting a go ahead three and then coming back down the floor to block an MVP candidate?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on what data exactly? Show me the data that proves this theory. That's right, there's none long term data that suggest there really is a thing called clutch. There's volume and opportunities but that volume is converted at around the percentage of the players skill and the difficulty of shot ( which some of the greats forced like Kobe).

And don't be a moron and show data based on one game, or one series or one season of shots within the last 1 minute. That sample size isn't large enough to really get a good assessment. Be smart, and show me the long term data that carries weight ( you won't find it). You'll see increased PPG in the playoffs because of more minutes and volume, but not a significant increase in percentages. The better players who have confidence ( which is all the best players in the NBA) are able to perform well vs. the best compe ion better than the 10th and 12th man on the team because they simply are better. It's really that simple.

A player like Joel Anthony won't perform well late in games vs. the best compe ion, not because he's not clutch, but because he's simply not good enough or has enough confidence to perform vs. the best compe ion.

And lol at " people who haven't played compe ively on any stage". I could have played college basketball, but I opted to play college baseball. And all my accomplishments in the clutch all stemmed from confidence that was developed through years of hard work. And it happened about as often as my batting average in the long run. It wasn't because I was born with a clutch gene or because I was clutch.
    Still working on it Leetonidas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean lack of confidence does result in bad possessions.. Not shooting when you have to etc.

Its probably why The NBA is so full of one on one plays. Even Pop has done this a gazillion times to end a game.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its probably why The NBA is so full of one on one plays. Even Pop has done this a gazillion times to end a game.
    Heroball at the end of games has the advantage of a very low turnover risk, albeit at the expense of increased shot difficulty. It's especially good when you're tied and just want to get any half decent shot at the buzzer; a turnover really hurts cause it gives the opponent a chance to call timeout and usually leaves 2-3 seconds on the clock.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    313 squashing player fan jerkfest threads, as per usual.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi haters being bigger es then usual lately.

Thread Information