Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768 LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1677
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    • Gorgui Dieng has generated interest from the Suns and Spurs at around the biannual exception amount of $3.7 million.
    Hmm lottery bound team or team that made it to the finals?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Myles Turner, Siakam, Porzingis, or John Collins. Find a way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the single best thing the Spurs can do this off season is to not re-sign DeRozan. I wish him the best, be it in L.A., Miami, or anywhere else. He's a good guy who just doesn't fit the timeline or the rebuild. The Spurs aren't in the hunt for a le any time soon, so the only thing that should matter is building & developing for the future. If DeRozan comes back, that will be a big chunk of usage rate, minutes, and experience taken away from the young guys who are ostensibly the future. I think it'd be really difficult, after characterizing the drafting of Primo as a Spurs are playing chess while other teams are playing checkers moment, to then turn around and defend bringing back DeRozan, which to me would look like a Spurs are playing checkers while other teams play chess moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t Zach Collins re-fracture his foot last month? It is doubtful he will be signed by anyone until he passes a physical.
    This. He's a very interesting player. I loved this recap: https://www.blazersedge.com/2021/7/9...trail-blazers, of what he's been for the Blazers when healthy. It's unfortunate for him that he got injured because he would have gotten paid otherwise.
    He's had injuries after injuries and 3 ankle surgeries past yeat? The Blazers have moved on from him. I think there's a bigger chance he doesn't play next season than otherwise that's why I would pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    • Gorgui Dieng has generated interest from the Suns and Spurs at around the biannual exception amount of $3.7 million.
    I actually thought Dieng would be getting offers a little higher than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you on that. Give all the shots to Walker. Everytime DeRozan didn't play Walker scored 20 with ease. Like I said best case scenario is they can get Collins and get somebody like Myles Turner, Siakam or Simmons in a trade
    With the number of guards on the team, if Lonnie were to become a scorer like you are alluding to, his trade value would go up and maybe could fetch something more than he would now. I know that sounds counterintuitive but if you have White, Devin and maybe even Primo able to play the two, something has to give and maybe it is using one of them for a real small forward or 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers favorites to land gay. Also after fifty mills for the minimum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently there’s mutual interest between DeRozan and the Knicks. I told y’all the Knicks would be after him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently there’s mutual interest between DeRozan and the Knicks. I told y’all the Knicks would be after him.

Lets go ny!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today reminds me of '19 when the big news just after free agency broke was the return of Marco Belinelli to the Spurs. I'd actually be happy with that tonight IF it meant the Spurs picked a plan to keep their powder dry in order to absorb a max player later this season or next summer. That is at least a concrete and admirable direction.... The Simmons asking price is going to fall between now and camp. Several teams are going to spend all their money and lock guys into non-tradable contracts until December. Other players will come on the market...

Picking up two late first round picks (through sign and trades) would be very useful if we need to cobble together, say, three future firsts to absorb a max contract. But it seems like the Spurs don't even attempt to operate with this mindset.

The last few years the Spurs are a B+ on drafting and talent development (Samanic TBD, Primo TBD), a B+ on cap management (Pau Gasol deal is still cringeworthy, but in the distant rear view), and a definite D on asset management. A top 15 front office, but not a top 5 front office.

The asset management piece requires contextualization---the front office is blocked by trying to remain compe ive for Pop. But this is a critical offseason. The FO needs to make good moves. It can't fail another transaction season on the asset management front. A legacy of excellence only provides so much cover for an unexpected period of floundering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring back gorgui!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the same teams getting linked to everybody, maybe wishful thinking but I think the spurs have a sign & traded lined up with Demar for some team not being mentioned

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the same teams getting linked to everybody, maybe wishful thinking but I think the spurs have a sign & traded lined up with Demar for some team not being mentioned

We all hope so

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay and DDR gone, Dieng back might be it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just connecting dots here but the report saying Dallas is out of the Demar sweepstakes would mean he’s off the table to another team so there’s that I guess lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a matter of time before Zion wants out, they go from targeting Lowry to Devonte Graham lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm fine with this. I was afraid Spurs would overpay for a 9th man. I'd rather see Samanic get PT and the Spurs keep their long term cap clean for someone who could be...better than Lauri.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's basically three fa's going on cap space teams.
    If He prefer Charlotte than us yes but he needs to agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t mind dieng back. He didn’t really get a lot of time to gel with the team last year. Plus he really looked saddled by that shoulder injury he got. From what I saw he’ could guard the perimeter somewhat and affect shots around the rim, his shooting will be there once he gets more comfortable with his teammates.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Windhorst just stated on ESPN the Jump that the Bulls are interested in possibly doing a S&T with the Spurs for Lauri.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs hold all the cards here, if only I had any confidence in Brian Wright...

Young players with decent trade value on reasonable contracts .
    Veterans wanted by contenders, easy to make S&T deals.
    A ton of cap space to take bad contracts.

A good GM would accelerate our timeline by a couple of years this summer.

But as per usual, it'll be we like what we have.
    Sad, but true!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Windhorst just stated on ESPN the Jump that the Bulls are interested in possibly doing a S&T with the Spurs for Lauri.

Dear god no

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heard it too

Thread Information