Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dream and TD both all time greats with great post moves and great defense on both sides, and TD gets the nod with more les but starting a team fine with either one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Threepear Shaq was just bullying guys. Folks do forget 95 Shaq was no slouch either, and he was a lot quicker.
    Shaq in 2006 said rhat he was at his best when he was in Orlando

He got bigger in L.A because Phil Jackson wanted him to, so Shaq could overpower his opponents even more and get them in foul trouble faster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No not him
    Drexler was
    Whatchu talking about Willis?

19/7/6 while playing 40 minutes a game.
    FOH. Drexler was definitely the #2 on the Rockets b2b.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatchu talking about Willis?

19/7/6 while playing 40 minutes a game.
    FOH. Drexler was definitely the #2 on the Rockets b2b.
    Yes he was #2 on that team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And whose fault was Horry's wide open three off the backboard a minute earlier? The one that would have iced the game?
    What?
    What is your Whataboutism point?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What?
    What is your Whataboutism point?
    Could have iced that game instead Horry choked on a wide open three, didn't even hit rim. He's got no room to blame anyone. Around the 5:00 mark of the video below:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Horry blaming Manu for our le loss is stupid. In my book, only Tim, Tony, Pop, and me get to blame Manu for 06.

The real shame about it is that literally nobody remembers prime Duncan. It's almost like he never happened. They remember him losing to Kobe and they are like see Kobe is better when Duncan had a dominant series both losses in 01-02. Dude was unbelievable and couldn't be stopped. If Kobe were a B-star instead of a legit A-star then we would've probably won both series.. You can't be expected to beat TWO top 10 players of all time on the same team. Like Hakeem faced Malone and Stockton (who is aight, often got outplayed by his contemporaries in playoff series who weren't name Avery Johnson). Hakeem faced Barkley and B level KJ. He faced Robinson and C level Elliott. And then he beat a young baby Shaq and Penny.

Duncan put up 40 against the Lakers and they couldn't stop him just the way that nobody could stop Hakeem. The difference was Kobe Bryant. If Hakeem had to face prime Shaq and Kobe he would've been bounced too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Horry blaming Manu for our le loss is stupid. In my book, only Tim, Tony, Pop, and me get to blame Manu for 06.

The real shame about it is that literally nobody remembers prime Duncan. It's almost like he never happened. They remember him losing to Kobe and they are like see Kobe is better when Duncan had a dominant series both losses in 01-02. Dude was unbelievable and couldn't be stopped. If Kobe were a B-star instead of a legit A-star then we would've probably won both series.. You can't be expected to beat TWO top 10 players of all time on the same team. Like Hakeem faced Malone and Stockton (who is aight, often got outplayed by his contemporaries in playoff series who weren't name Avery Johnson). Hakeem faced Barkley and B level KJ. He faced Robinson and C level Elliott. And then he beat a young baby Shaq and Penny.

Duncan put up 40 against the Lakers and they couldn't stop him just the way that nobody could stop Hakeem. The difference was Kobe Bryant. If Hakeem had to face prime Shaq and Kobe he would've been bounced too.
    The whole Spurs organization is forgotten. The winningest team in pro sports for over two decades gets one nationally televised basketball game next season. The Celtics and Lakers were getting legacy games for years after their dynasties ended. The Lakers were getting a minimum of 14 games when they were one of the worst teams in the league. The powers that be are happy to rid themselves of televising Spurs' games as fast as they can hit the delete key.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole Spurs organization is forgotten. The winningest team in pro sports for over two decades gets one nationally televised basketball game next season. The Celtics and Lakers were getting legacy games for years after their dynasties ended. The Lakers were getting a minimum of 14 games when they were one of the worst teams in the league. The powers that be are happy to rid themselves of televising Spurs' games as fast as they can hit the delete key.
    It is amazing to me how David Stern, a man known for being a global promotor of basketball, never knew how to market Tony and Manu. Duncan I get bc he ran away from it. But two of the biggest foreign stars in the NBA and he has no idea how to make them popular? The guy is the reason why the NBA is dying. He hedged his bets on American born only. And that has caused Silver a LOT of headaches

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim’s peak was certainly lowered some when he tore his meniscus early in his career. However, the adjustments he made to his game after that injury might have actually extended his career because he learned how to defend & score without jumping, even though he wasn’t a high flyer even before his injury. My verdict is peak Hakeem is better than peak Tim, but career Tim is significantly better than career Hakeem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could have iced that game instead Horry choked on a wide open three, didn't even hit rim. He's got no room to blame anyone. Around the 5:00 mark of the video below:
    Porker also missed two wide open shots, one was a no rim like Horrys.
    Also #23 (Devin Brown) missed a wide open 3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim’s peak was certainly lowered some when he tore his meniscus early in his career. However, the adjustments he made to his game after that injury might have actually extended his career because he learned how to defend & score without jumping, even though he wasn’t a high flyer even before his injury. My verdict is peak Hakeem is better than peak Tim, but career Tim is significantly better than career Hakeem.
    Hakeem got smarter and wiser as his career went on, but the difference is, he still had a lot of his athleticism at the age of 32. TD didn't. You don't think with TD getting wiser and more savvy as the years went on, it would have make a bigger difference if he still had his early athleticism to go along with it (even if TD didn't have to adjust to his bad knee and declining athleticism, I still believe he would have become even wiser/smarter as the years went on)? TD was already darn good/great with that early athleticism (he still had smarts to go along with it back then too, and that is what separated him with the other athletes of the day - his Basketball IQ). He also had elite lateral quickness for a big man and Pop even had him guarding guards early on in his career for a couple of games as an experiment. I believe TD's peak would have been even higher than Olajuwon's if he was able to keep most of his athleticism into his early 30s.
    Last edited by Ice009; 09-03-2021 at 07:36 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Recently re-watched highlights of Hakeem vs the Lakers in the 1986 WCF and the Celtics in the Finals

Holy , he was such a freak athlete and already had some nice moves in his 2nd season

Stern for suspending key Rockets players and later some Mavs players for drug use; oh I'm sure the Lakers weren't doing coke amirite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    '13 was the worst for me. It was insufferable how many trolls came in here along with ESPN and media reliving it every week. If '14 never happened then this place would have been insufferable forever.
    Exactly. 14 was just pure relief after going through sports fan .

Thread Information