Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much the same thought I had about the '00 Lakers. Also the '01 team added Horace Grant who was a huge upgrade over AC Green. I felt Fisher also took his game to the next level in the '01 playoffs. Prior to '01 Fisher was ty shooter who wasn't much of a factor come playoff time. I'll never forget him shooting 75 percent from 3 point range in the '01 WCF. That to me was more shocking than Kobe going off. I have never seen a role player go from being a fringe D-league talent to a key contributor in a span of a year like Fisher did from '00 to '01.
    I remember in the summer of 99 hearing David Aldridge say the Spurs were about to sign Fisher, and all I could think is who wants that got when they already have Daniels to groom to take over AJ's starting job.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    That 2000 Lakers team was primed to be upset. Rice was next to worthless and they were starting AC Green. They weren't nearly the juggernaut of the 2001 team where Fox and Fisher in the starting lineup made them monsters defensively.
    Maybe you meant Horry b/c Fisher was Patty status (bigger but slower) on defense & it was Lue that was the defensive stopper. Fisher took charges & hustled but that was about it. He was also in the starting lineup in '99. The weird thing about the '99 series was Kurt Rambis putting Fox on Tim.

What transformed their defense from '99 to '00 (had the #1 rated defense) was Shaq/Kobe committing themselves to playing defense (after Phil challenged them) along with Ron Harper playing major minutes & AC Green replacing JR Reid. Otherwise, Fisher was CoJo status during the 2000 playoff run (Shaw was playing the Patty role) along with Fox playing behind Rice.

During the 2001 playoff run, their role players made teams pay for doubling Shaq like the 2-peat Rockets which was what made them lethal.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 02-17-2016 at 03:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs win it all in 2000, 2004, 2006, and 2011 if Duncan is 100% healthy.
    I am a Spurs fan like you but his 2006 series he played against Dallas in 06 was one of his best ever whether plantar or not he blacked out and his numbers were insane but they still lost. I dont think he was hurt in 04 and in 011 he looked flat out done until he got in shape in the offseason. The 2011 team was not that great anyways and were more of a big gimmick type Offense, plus no Kawhi yet and Rj on the team (Manu hurt too killed any shot).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Tim was 100% in 2004. In 2006, Tim dominated but would have dominated even more had he been healthy and not run out of gas in OT in game 7.
    So your guessing he was hurt in 04??? Nobody ever said or came out and said he was hurt that year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't we come close to getting Lamond Murray or DA for AJ in 2000? Also, I remember us being in rumors for Glen Rice that same season before deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big rule changes around that time kept Ellie and Jackson from being physical on the perimeter... They didn't have the foot speed AT ALL to guard anyone which is what prompted Pop to go after Bowen. Spurs would not have won it I'm afraid
    Didn't we come close to getting Lamond Murray or DA for AJ in 2000? Also, I remember us being in rumors for Glen Rice that same season before deadline.
    I strongly doubt they would have gotten past both Lakers and Blazers. The handcheck rule was changed after 99, which pretty much sunk Ellie and Jackson. It hurt AJ who was also getting up there in years. Also Ellie was at the tail end of his career and Jackson signed an extension and showed up way out of shape. The Spurs had no true small forward, until Elliott returned. They reached a verbal agreement with Murray in the off season and he did a Deandre Jordan and signed with another team for more money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    04 was the clock bull , 06 Manu let them off the hook,'11 Manu had a broken arm and basically anytime the lakers won was due mainly to phil ing in the post game and changing the way the games were called. Usually the same old , series starts and Tony is getting to the basket at will or getting fouled. phil starts his all the sudden Tony gets no calls and the lakers are breaking the other way. He did the same with the bulls.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...They reached a verbal agreement with Murray in the off season and he did a Deandre Jordan and signed with another team for more money.
    He signed with Cleveland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2000 Spurs were probably the weakest team of the prime Timmy era, so the Lakers would still probably have won that year. Our backcourt and bench were just atrocious that year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares, Lakers rang

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2000 Spurs were probably the weakest team of the prime Timmy era, so the Lakers would still probably have won that year. Our backcourt and bench were just atrocious that year.
    I think the 2002 team takes that cake being D Rob was much older and they started some scrubs that year in his place and had a god awful guard rotation (Tony was only 19 then) to back that up. 2000 Spurs though I agree on, no way they win the le that year healthy or not but it sure would have been fun to see it played out. I think Portland was the best team that year but they dropped the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the 2002 team takes that cake being D Rob was much older and they started some scrubs that year in his place and had a god awful guard rotation (Tony was only 19 then) to back that up. 2000 Spurs though I agree on, no way they win the le that year healthy or not but it sure would have been fun to see it played out. I think Portland was the best team that year but they dropped the ball.
    Agreed. starting a washed up Terry Porter.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blazers. We beat Phoenix, take LA to 7 and they're worn out pretty badly for the next series tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    04 was the clock bull , 06 Manu let them off the hook,'11 Manu had a broken arm and basically anytime the lakers won was due mainly to phil ing in the post game and changing the way the games were called. Usually the same old , series starts and Tony is getting to the basket at will or getting fouled. phil starts his all the sudden Tony gets no calls and the lakers are breaking the other way. He did the same with the bulls.
    Agreed phil is a passive aggressive pussy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Mark Bryant started playoff games and Cherokee Parks got mins too for Gods sakes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, none of those 2000-2002 teams were THAT good. David still had juice in the tank in 2000 and 2001, but that backcourt...yikes. IIRC Ferry and Terry Porter started for us in the playoffs in 2001

The 2002 team was basically Tim and friends. David's back issues became really problematic that year and he missed a lot of games. Asking him to guard Shaq was just too much. There were many times where Timmy was forced to guard Shaq in 2001 and 2002 because of David's health/foul trouble.

But yeah, the more I think about it the 2002 team was probably the worst of Timmy's prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed phil is a passive aggressive pussy
    That's why I hate that prick

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I am a Spurs fan like you but his 2006 series he played against Dallas in 06 was one of his best ever whether plantar or not he blacked out and his numbers were insane but they still lost. I dont think he was hurt in 04 and in 011 he looked flat out done until he got in shape in the offseason. The 2011 team was not that great anyways and were more of a big gimmick type Offense, plus no Kawhi yet and Rj on the team (Manu hurt too killed any shot).
    Spurs lost to the Mavs in 2006 b/c ROOKIE Devin Harris dug into All-Star Porker's ass on BOTH ends to the point Porker said he was "glad" that Devin Harris got traded to the Nytes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs lost to the Mavs in 2006 b/c ROOKIE Devin Harris dug into All-Star Porker's ass on BOTH ends to the point Porker said he was "glad" that Devin Harris got traded to the Nytes.
    Harris blacked out in that series and was able to match Parker. I agree Tim was farrr from the reason they lost
    and Manus foul aside him and Finley played great ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    '06 was a joke. SAC-LA seems to be the series everyone remembers as the most poorly/rigged officiating they can recall, but it wasn't any worse than SAS-DAL, IMO.

Game 6 - how does a jumpshooting team/player get that free-throw disparity? Spurs shot a ridiculous percentage from the floor, Dallas made only a few buckets - and one came late from Dampier.

'06 and '13 are the only years I really felt the Spurs left championships on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris blacked out in that series and was able to match Parker. I agree Tim was farrr from the reason they lost
    and Manus foul aside him and Finley played great ball.
    POOP was the reason we lost that series, not Tim or Manu or Parker. 4 guard lineups + Tim or Horry,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    POOP was the reason we lost that series, not Tim or Manu or Parker. 4 guard lineups + Tim or Horry,
    Refs I would throw in there as well some games and I agree it was not a player who lost it. WTF Pop was thinking I still have no clue to this day man. He outsmarts himself at times.

Thread Information