My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...no. I do know that.
    Proof?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be a good trade for the Cavs, tbh. They need some interior defense badly and it would allow Love to slide back to the 4, his natural position.

And the Clippers could get Deandre's contract off the books for a younger, cheaper option in Thompson.

In the end, it doesn't do much for either teams in terms on contention, but still benefits both imo, UNLESS the Cavs add the Nets' 1st-Round pick, which would be beyond idiotic... Otherwise, Khloe Kardashian approves tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Have you heard that from someone reliable, first hand?

I've bought that report up about a week ago where someone mentioned in early October he heard it on the radio, or read somewhere that the Spurs told him the pain he's experiencing is what most high usage NBA vets have to deal with, and that he's going to have to learn to play through it. So that report has some validity to it?
    Reliable and first hand - yes. They are very close to the team. Just for the record, I appreciate this person sharing their opinions and observations of the team with me and I respectfully don't ask questions or interrogate them like I'm some sort of reporter. So when they tell me stuff, its not said definitively, its more implied - like "You never want to force a player to go out on the floor when they aren't ready physically or mentally. We just have to wait & see." I responded with "At this rate, maybe Parker will play before Leonard". The reply I got was - "I think that's going to be the case".

It sucks to hear that but on the bright side, part of that statement was related to how well TP has responded to his surgery and treatment. Almost the exact opposite of Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reliable and first hand - yes. They are very close to the team. Just for the record, I appreciate this person sharing their opinions and observations of the team with me and I respectfully don't ask questions or interrogate them like I'm some sort of reporter. So when they tell me stuff, its not said definitively, its more implied - like "You never want to force a player to go out on the floor when they aren't ready physically or mentally. We just have to wait & see." I responded with "At this rate, maybe Parker will play before Leonard". The reply I got was - "I think that's going to be the case".

It sucks to hear that but on the bright side, part of that statement was related to how well TP has responded to his surgery and treatment. Almost the exact opposite of Leonard.
    Thanks. I appreciate you elaborating a bit more on your previous post.

Hopefully Kawhi can get back soon. Has it been a while since you were told this (a few weeks ago), or is it very recent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. I appreciate you elaborating a bit more on your previous post.

Hopefully Kawhi can get back soon. Has it been a while since you were told this (a few weeks ago), or is it very recent?
    Very recent - this past week.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, thanks a lot. I guess we will have to keep waiting it out.

Any idea if the injury can get worse if he plays on it.

It also sounds like he's got a bit of Derrick Rose's timidity in regards to returning from this injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, thanks a lot. I guess we will have to keep waiting it out.

Any idea if the injury can get worse if he plays on it.

It also sounds like he's got a bit of Derrick Rose's timidity in regards to returning from this injury.
    No, I have no idea if it can get worse if he plays on it. The Derrick Rose comparison might be accurate. Leonard is as compe ive as it gets and you would think he would push himself to get out there and give it a go. That he hasn't, must really have the team spooked. I just want to know who his doctors are. Does he have his own or are the Spurs therapists working with him? What are they telling the team?

If I'm not mistaken, Dr. Jason Garrett of Airrosti (https://www.airrosti.com/get-to-know-us/jason-garrett/) - who works with the team from time to time suggested that physically, Leonard should be out there and that it may be a mental issue at this point. I have no idea how accurate that is or if he has worked with KL personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC getting destroyed by the Mavs ..

Starting to think this 2013 Lakers all over again..Their Big 3 are simply a bad combination compounded by lack of depth and pedestrian coaching..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect PG to be dangled in the trade deadline if Thunder continue to struggle..Would love the Spurs to sniff around if that happens..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect PG to be dangled in the trade deadline if Thunder continue to struggle..Would love the Spurs to sniff around if that happens..
    It would take the min of Mills and Green for that to happen. And the Spurs don't have an inside track at retaining George, whereas we have the inside track at retaining Green, while we could make a move in the offseason at another talent. I think George's trade value is at an alltime low.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOTS/Murray
    Kawhi/Manu/Forbes
    PG13/Kyle/BP3
    LMA/RGay/Bertans
    Gasol/Lauvergne

???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Superstar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Grizz have imploded..Lost 8th game in row and we play them twice this week in home-and-home stand..

Gasol got benched the entire fourth...Watch out..I think he is a sneaky big trade condidate if this continues to go south for Memphis..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Grizz have imploded..Lost 8th game in row and we play them twice this week in home-and-home stand..

Gasol got benched the entire fourth...Watch out..I think he is a sneaky big trade condidate if this continues to go south for Memphis..
    If he really is on the trade block the Cavs have to be all over that. Much better than DeMonkey and can prolly be had for the same price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol wanting to get the out and Conley and his $30 million a year sitting on the bench. Real storm over there.

If he really is on the trade block the Cavs have to be all over that. Much better than DeMonkey and can prolly be had for the same price.
    And then signs with the Spurs when he's 36. You know that is coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is NOT holding Kawhi out at this point. Kawhi is holding himself out. The coaching staff is at a loss and are showing him a ton of respect as far as trusting that he knows his body and will come back when he is ready.

The ailment first showed up last season and has resulted in what Spurs coach Gregg Popovich has termed a “difficult” rehabilitation for the two-time All-Star and two-time defensive player of the year.
    “They are perplexed by how long it’s taken him to get better,” a source said of the Spurs.
    The Spurs have no timeline for Leonard’s return, although Popovich has said more than once he expects it to be “sooner rather than later.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think the Cavs would include the Nets pick for him; but a Love-Gasol swap makes sense for both teams.

Love is going to be absolutely worthless once Lebron leaves, and Marc would certainly gives them better chance for one last crack at the Warriors..Memphis in return get a younger PF who is good enough to keep them in contention for their precious 7th-8th seed..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I' wouldn't be surprised if tmtcsc's theory proves to be the case. Kawhi has shown in the past that he isn't going to warrior it Kobe/MJ-style (for good or bad depending how you see it). If he were cut from the same cloth; he would have checked himself back in the pivotal last few minutes and OT of Game 5 vs Houston and played on adrenaline..

Maybe the dude's pain tolerance is on the lowest of scales..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think the Cavs would include the Nets pick for him; but a Love-Gasol swap makes sense for both teams.

Love is going to be absolutely worthless once Lebron leaves, and Marc would certainly gives them better chance for one last crack at the Warriors..Memphis in return get a younger PF who is good enough to keep them in contention for their precious 7th-8th seed..
    If they're willing to do so for DeMonkey/Lou Williams I don't see why they wouldn't for Gasol/whoever the Grizz have cut from a similar vein.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looking at this, I'm pretty convinced Tmtcsc is right. It sounds like the Spurs are being nice by saying that they are "perplexed" by how long it's taking him. They don't want to talk bad about him and are showing him max respect, but if true, darn Kawhi, I thought you were much tougher than this.

However, the other side of the coin is, Kawhi might really know his body better than the Spurs and their medical team, and if he did come back at the behest of the Spurs, he could get injured again, or make the injury much worse and ruin his entire season. I'm thinking something similar to Karl Malone in 2004, I think the Lakers doctors screwed up his rehab or diagnosis for the knee injury he got earlier in the season and he was out longer than he should have been, then in the playoffs, that injury popped up again and basically ended their season. I'm NOT complaining about that one, though .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by spursistan; 11-26-2017 at 11:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis next 11 games (with Conley out): SASx2, CLE, MIN, NYK, TOR, OKC, MIA, WAS, BOS, GSW.

This is gonna get ugly..

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information