Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs continue to trend up and are .500 ish by the time the selections are made, I wouldn't rule out DeRozan either getting the mythical final All-Star spot or more likely being the first injury replacement.

At this writing, I'd guess starters: James, S bag, Davis, Harden, Doncic, bench: Jokic, Westbrook (no business, but reputation), George, Towns, Paul, Lillard, Gobert.

The question is, should DeRozan be the automatic Spurs candidate? Aldridge has always been the superior player and the team trending up is directly linked to his willingness to finally modernize his game. DeRozan is merely the beneficiary of that.

Shouldn't he get points for sacrificing his being the centerpiece of the offense or is it all about counting stats (ppg)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan this season if a spur gets in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legit question I don't know I know the answer for, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gotta be Demar, even if you want to make the argument that LMA is more consistent and that the offense flows through him as the first option, Derozan was the highlight of the team's improved play. It's the sexier pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs continue to trend up and are .500 ish by the time the selections are made, I wouldn't rule out DeRozan either getting the mythical final All-Star spot or more likely being the first injury replacement.

At this writing, I'd guess starters: James, S bag, Davis, Harden, Doncic, bench: Jokic, Westbrook (no business, but reputation), George, Towns, Paul, Lillard, Gobert.

The question is, should DeRozan be the automatic Spurs candidate? Aldridge has always been the superior player and the team trending up is directly linked to his willingness to finally modernize his game. DeRozan is merely the beneficiary of that.

Shouldn't he get points for sacrificing his being the centerpiece of the offense or is it all about counting stats (ppg)?
    If the recent improvement is for real there is a real chance for them to go 6-0 or 5-1 in the up coming stretch

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With both Klay and Steph our, it should open up a backcourt spot for him. But you’re right, Russ probably gets in despite not deserving it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Derozan's turn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs can continue the mini trend they are on and Derozan plays close to how he has been playing, he will get in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see this being a year that no Spur makes it unless they can rally to a winning record before the reserves are picked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gotta be DeRozan this year because of the stats. Whoever of the 2 averages more points is the All-Star

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan vanishes in the playoffs, trade him and his contract for a box of crayons. Can’t believe you guys are buying into him after a few good games. Aldridge isn’t much either but can be a two or a 3 on a championship team. Derozan isn’t even a starter on a championship contender

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan vanishes in the playoffs, trade him and his contract for a box of crayons. Can’t believe you guys are buying into him after a few good games. Aldridge isn’t much either but can be a two or a 3 on a championship team. Derozan isn’t even a starter on a championship contender
    This thread doesn’t have a damn thing to do with that stuff. This is about getting the last All-Star team spot..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither, Spurs won't get one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope DeRozan keeps putting up big numbers so some GM who doesn't trust or understand a decade of advanced stats will be convinced to trade for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope DeRozan keeps putting up big numbers so some GM who doesn't trust or understand a decade of advanced stats will be convinced to trade for him.
    Too late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup were stuck with him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Forbes be in the 3-point shoot out?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol. Dumb. The spurs are winning because they aren't letting lma be a black hole or clog the lane. Lma cant rebound or defend and was never a superior player. He is a volume shooter who is soft and his ppg never led to any hardware.

Watching him this year is further evidence that his ball hogging was asinine

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one. Spurs dont have one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smart guy... everyone else yapping about all star

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope DDR will get the nod this time. He's playing really well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smart guy... everyone else yapping about all star
    Yea I’ve been made aware of my mistake...I’ll leave it at, my error

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Dumb. The spurs are winning because they aren't letting lma be a black hole or clog the lane. Lma cant rebound or defend and was never a superior player. He is a volume shooter who is soft and his ppg never led to any hardware.

Watching him this year is further evidence that his ball hogging was asinine
    Speaking of dumb. They won at a significantly higher rate the previous two seasons, with similar and less talent and Aldridge as the centerpiece of the offense, genius.

He led the league in block outs last season, which enabled them to maintain an elite defensive rebound rate despite not have a dominant rebounder. He's also had multiple seasons where he was top five in defensive field goal percentage at the rim.

He's repeatedly proven he can lead 50ish win teams, in the West, while DeRozan is a career net negative, who's never been the best player on a winning team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of dumb. They won at a significantly higher rate the previous two seasons, with similar and less talent and Aldridge as the centerpiece of the offense, genius.

He led the league in block outs last season, which enabled them to maintain an elite defensive rebound rate despite not have a dominant rebounder. He's also had multiple seasons where he was top five in defensive field goal percentage at the rim.

He's repeatedly proven he can lead 50ish win teams, in the West, while DeRozan is a career net negative, who's never been the best player on a winning team.
    Lololol you have no idea what you are saying. Bwahahahahaha

Thread Information