WR - Nico Case
    D - Cleveland

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    depends on the drat board but yeah, hard to get away from Pitts

definitely keep Lockett.
    Keeping him

Looks like I will get Pitts at #2 tonight, but who’s the best RB available when I make my next pick at #5? Everybody assumes Najee Harris is going #1.

Other than Harris, these available RBs are the next 10 highest projected(PPR):

-Miles Sanders
    -Chase Edmonds
    -Myles Gaskin (my reluctant frontrunner)
    -Mike Davis
    -Raheem Mostert
    -Darrell Henderson
    -Javonte Williams (really high on him, but Gordon…)
    -Leonard Fournette
    -Damian Harris
    -Melvin Gordon

Slim pickings. Also, what do y’all think of Michel on Rams? They love to pound the rock and Henderson is more of a plodder than Michel.

help

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Also, we have IDPs in our league, I need a starter who also returns kicks at a decent clip. I’m thinking DJ Reed from Seattle unless someone knows a better option

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Keeping him

Looks like I will get Pitts at #2 tonight, but who’s the best RB available when I make my next pick at #5? Everybody assumes Najee Harris is going #1.

Other than Harris, these available RBs are the next 10 highest projected(PPR):

-Miles Sanders
    -Chase Edmonds
    -Myles Gaskin (my reluctant frontrunner)
    -Mike Davis
    -Raheem Mostert
    -Darrell Henderson
    -Javonte Williams (really high on him, but Gordon…)
    -Leonard Fournette
    -Damian Harris
    -Melvin Gordon

Slim pickings. Also, what do y’all think of Michel on Rams? They love to pound the rock and Henderson is more of a plodder than Michel.

help
    in dynasty i would imagine it had to be Javonte. Gordon is old and on an expiring deal

javonte will be a 1st/2nd round redraft value next season almost certainly

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    My final lineup:

QB - Russell Wilson
    RB - Myles Gaskin
    WR - Tyreek Hill
    WR - DeAndre Hopkins
    TE - Kyle Pitts
    Flex - Tyler Lockett
    Flex - JuJu Smith-Schuster
    IDP - Zach Cunningham
    D/ST - Rams
    K - Tyler Bass

BE - Jalen Hurts
    BE - Mike Williams
    BE - Devin Singletary
    BE - Jamaal Williams
    BE - Tyler Higbee

no depth

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    My final lineup:

QB - Russell Wilson
    RB - Myles Gaskin
    WR - Tyreek Hill
    WR - DeAndre Hopkins
    TE - Kyle Pitts
    Flex - Tyler Lockett
    Flex - JuJu Smith-Schuster
    IDP - Zach Cunningham
    D/ST - Rams
    K - Tyler Bass

BE - Jalen Hurts
    BE - Mike Williams
    BE - Devin Singletary
    BE - Jamaal Williams
    BE - Tyler Higbee

no depth
    1RB league?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Yes, we subtracted a RB and went with 2 flexes because RBs are garbage and being phased out of the NFL. There’s barely a handful you can count on each year

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yes, we subtracted a RB and went with 2 flexes because RBs are garbage and being phased out of the NFL. There’s barely a handful you can count on each year
    Hm. I think 2RB 3WR and 1-2 flex should be the standard. Still think there’s plenty of room for 2RB

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Hm. I think 2RB 3WR and 1-2 flex should be the standard. Still think there’s plenty of room for 2RB
    100% unless you are playing in something crazy like a 14+team league everyone should have the opportunity to have at least 2 decent running backs imo.

if you look at the top 24 running backs and top 24 wide receivers last year in half ppr league the numbers are pretty comparable.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Nah, all 12 owners were in favor of the change, RB is an antiquated position and not worth wasting 2 roster spots on. We pride ourselves on adapting to the new NFL and rbs have a negligent impact on team success. We gravitated to PPR over a decade ago before it was becoming the standard and we never went for that “TD pass is worth 4 instead of 6 points” horse that these weak leagues play.

it’s a passing league and has been that way for several years…fantasy should adapt to the reality. It’s sad when you have to make roster concessions for middling rbs when you can add a boss flex instead, which is more indicative of NFL success anyways.

the only scoring we’re lacking is 1pt for 1st down conversions, but ESPN doesn’t offer it. If it did, perhaps the 2nd RB wouldn’t be as obsolete as it is today.

If you’re being honest with yourself there’s no reason to keep 2 (mandatory) rbs outside of “muh tradition”

Post Count
    Damn, I like the 1 RB. Haven't done that before.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Nah, all 12 owners were in favor of the change, RB is an antiquated position and not worth wasting 2 roster spots on. We pride ourselves on adapting to the new NFL and rbs have a negligent impact on team success. We gravitated to PPR over a decade ago before it was becoming the standard and we never went for that “TD pass is worth 4 instead of 6 points” horse that these weak leagues play.

it’s a passing league and has been that way for several years…fantasy should adapt to the reality. It’s sad when you have to make roster concessions for middling rbs when you can add a boss flex instead, which is more indicative of NFL success anyways.

the only scoring we’re lacking is 1pt for 1st down conversions, but ESPN doesn’t offer it. If it did, perhaps the 2nd RB wouldn’t be as obsolete as it is today.

If you’re being honest with yourself there’s no reason to keep 2 (mandatory) rbs outside of “muh tradition”
    Talks about being a progressive league, but is still using espn fantasy platform…ok boomer.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Talks about being a progressive league, but is still using espn fantasy platform…ok boomer.
    Rags on espn yet is still using same old tired format on some other platform.

That was easy

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

That was easy
    sleeper is the new hip one

i love Sleeper's draft room the most, by far... and the league chat with the ability to take quick polls is really handy

i dont love their roster management though, it feels off. it was definitely made to be a mobile app, and the desktop version is more clunky to use. still think yahoo is the cleanest in that respect

this year yahoo also added a live video chat thing during the draft which was really cool in my home league

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    sleeper is the new hip one

i love Sleeper's draft room the most, by far... and the league chat with the ability to take quick polls is really handy

i dont love their roster management though, it feels off. it was definitely made to be a mobile app, and the desktop version is more clunky to use. still think yahoo is the cleanest in that respect

this year yahoo also added a live video chat thing during the draft which was really cool in my home league
    I never liked yahoo tbh…the other one seems interesting but I haven’t had the time or interest to do multiple leagues in several years. Maybe the commish will change the site eventually but it’s the scoring format I love

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count

That was easy
    Your claim of running back not being deep enough for two rb being proven wrong by stats was hard for you to accept. So you lashed out. That’s fine. I’m sorry this is happening to you tbh

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Your claim of running back not being deep enough for two rb being proven wrong by stats was hard for you to accept. So you lashed out. That’s fine. I’m sorry this is happening to you tbh
    Are you going through changes? You’re the one suffering from uterine cramps because my league has only 1RB, unless that was somebody else posting under your name

Having 2 rb spots in FF is now akin to NFL teams wasting a roster spot on a FB. If we wanted to fill an extra garbage slot then might as well have 2 kickers with that rationale.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    RBs:
    Ezekiel Elliott - 5.9 pts
    Tony Pollard - 11.3 (mostly from receiving)
    Leonard Fournette - 10.9 (mostly from receiving)
    Ronald Jones II - 1.4

Flex options instead of another mandatory RB:
    Brown - 25.7
    Godwin - 25.5
    Gronk - 29
    Evans - 6.4 (horrible game, but still better than a supposed top 5-10 RB)
    Cooper - 39.9
    Lamb - 25.6
    Gallup - 7.6
    Schultz - 10.5

Kickers:
    Zuerlein - 9
    Succop - 7

IDPs:
    David - 12
    White - 10
    Brown - 11
    Kearse - 11

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    a one game sample size from two very pass happy teams, one of whom doesnt have a true starting RB?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    a one game sample size from two very pass happy teams, one of whom doesnt have a true starting RB?
    It’s a pass happy league, that’s the whole point. I’m pretty sure I’ll have an endless sample size in just about every game that doesn’t involve Derrick Henry or Dalvin Cook

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    It’s a pass happy league, that’s the whole point. I’m pretty sure I’ll have an endless sample size in just about every game that doesn’t involve Derrick Henry or Dalvin Cook
    saying its a pass happy league doesnt contradict that Tampa and Dallas are among the more pass happy teams in the league. tampa is also an elite run defense. its a good game to cherry pick, for sure.

and im not sure exactly what the argument is though. i'm not contesting that fantasy WRs will outscore RBs down the board. my point is there is plenty of room for 2 RBs (though i think there should be 3WR spots in addition to any flex). , for teams who dont have a top 3-4 TE, that whole position is a wasteland too. you'd have to go down all the way to RB37 or so (at that point, low end RB3 or high end RB4) to find someone scoring as poorly as the #12 TE, technically a TE1.

imo its weird to complain about the volatility or unreliability of a second starting RB spot when your league has kickers

sounds like all you really want is a league with 1 QB and 6 Flex or somethin
    Last edited by spurraider21; 09-10-2021 at 02:55 PM.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Both kickers outperformed Zeke. You shouldn’t be able to cherry pick ANY game where that happens.

As for your TE argument…yeah, that’s why we only carry one of those too. Why backfill a roster with multiple (significantly) lower scoring players when you can have so much more scoring potential? The volatility of the individual WR from week to week is such an enormous range that it lends itself to some crazy finishes. Say you’re 30-40 points behind with one player left on MNF. If you have a RB instead of an extra Flex you simply ain’t winning or even coming close, whereas if you have a WR then you have a fighting chance.

My argument, or what our league voted on essentially, is why duplicate a position when there’s more points to be scored? We recognize that RB, TE, K, defensive players are a part of the team but we also know they have a negligible impact on team success in both reality and fantasy. “There’s plenty of room for 2 rbs” is just an excuse not to adapt. I get it, everybody shares the poverty of having 2 rbs, but that’s not a good argument. With that rationale I can take 2 starting MLBs and be guaranteed double digit points every week, more than I can say for 2 RBs. But again, the low-scoring nature of the position does not warrant 2 roster spots.

Look where the league is going and how it’s evolved. Your four conference le teams were KC, Buffalo, TB and GB, and there’s a decent chance it could be like that for the foreseeable future.

Even the teams with great rushers have even better WR options (Minnesota, Tennessee, Cleveland). Baltimore has no RBs left except No. 8 and even though they are a historically great rushing team you see what happens to them in the playoffs every year. The Ravens themselves know it’s not a winning model, which is why they drafted Bateman, signed Watkins and locked up Andrews for 4 more years.

The only team I can think of that’s better served with ride or dying with their RBs is Indy. Maybe the Saints too, but Winston was a 5000yd passer not too long ago so his receivers will get crazy fantasy points by year’s end

Thread Information