Page 298 of 397 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 9906
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So far I’m feeling pretty good about today. I really want Pouncey.
    I really want Collins. And I will have a nervy B if Broughton and or Bijan decommit.

I still have no idea what the Jake Smith rumor is. He has had an outstanding season for a true freshman. Dude is gonna be big time next year. Wtf is up?
    Maybe he, like every other member of the wide receiver core, hates his coach.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm going to post some tidbits from The Football Brainiacs' latest update.

Ignore if you don't like them, but it could be interesting to follow up on in a month or two.

- there is tension in the locker room right now between certain players and coaches, which they acknowledge is fairly normal, but they believe it's an "excessive" amount at this time. Some of it involves players feeling they've worked way too hard in the offseason and bought into the new culture to end up receiving poor coaching in certain position groups.

- they're hearing some bigger names are starting to throw their names out there as transfer possibilities at the end of the year, and Herman has already met with some of the 2019 guys in hopes of circling the wagons a bit.

- they don't feel this is necessarily a "win and everything will be fine" situation, but a coach or two will need to be replaced to fix some cultural issues even if the team makes the conference championship game. They think Herman has already decided to let one or two coaches go.

- if Texas loses two or three more games, they feel Del Conte would step in and force change even if Herman wants to keep his staff intact, much like he did at TCU when Patterson desperately needed a new offense.

I think that about covers it.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Maybe he, like every other member of the wide receiver core, hates his coach.
    How do "we" know this.
    What is it, he is a bad coach and does not know his stuff, he is a unyielding asshole, what?
    Why the dont I know any of this...

How did we get these receivers in the first place? I think they are pretty damn good. In fact I would say along with QB, a position of strength.

How does Ehlinger get along with the WR coach because he (Sam) definitely talks to the WR about routes during games?

What is the basic problem here, anyone?

Edit: I posted this as TFloss was putting up his post. So Im going to guess one is a WR coach.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How do "we" know this.
    What is it, he is a bad coach and does not know his stuff, he is a unyielding asshole, what?
    Why the dont I know any of this...

How did we get these receivers in the first place? I think they are pretty damn good. In fact I would say along with QB, a position of strength.

How does Ehlinger get along with the WR coach because he (Sam) definitely talks to the WR about routes during games?

What is the basic problem here, anyone?
    I don't know how much of it is truth, but I've seen rumors here and there since Herman was hired that Mehringer isn't well-liked.

That seemed to be more of a thing in 2017, though, when players were adjusting to the new staff.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't know how much of it is truth, but I've seen rumors here and there since Herman was hired that Mehringer isn't well-liked.

That seemed to be more of a thing in 2017, though, when players were adjusting to the new staff.
    Thanks.

We really do need to beat TCU handily imo. We need a really good showing.
    Both to keep our conf championship hopes alive, and for future recruiting.

Herman seems far too aware not to take care of this stuff. You cant spout out culture and then be an awful coach and an asshole. Herman has said himself the coaches are always evaluating each other as well. So lets get this done and win.
    Please... Its been way too long. We have got to get back to a top 10 team every year. There really is no excuse if the funding is there to get the best people and the best kids (and I mean all around best kids) Austin is an incredible place as well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB Taye McWilliams (Rosenberg Lamar Consolidated)

https://247sports.com/Player/Taye-McWilliams-46082573/

https://wew.hudl.com/profile/9319990/Taye-McWilliams

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB Taye McWilliams (Rosenberg Lamar Consolidated)

https://247sports.com/Player/Taye-McWilliams-46082573/

https://wew.hudl.com/profile/9319990/Taye-McWilliams
    This should be a LB offer since he tagged Coach Orlando.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

So jake sm complained (allegedly) after he fumbled at the 10 v Okie lite but before he fumbled at our 30 v Kansas.

I’d love to know which players on D are blaming coaching for missed tackles. I’d love to know which dbs are blaming coaches for failing to get their head around to break up passes. I guess their coaches in peewee fball, junior hi, and hi school never taught them that either.

I’d also like to know which offensive players are complaining about bad coaching. I bet it’s not Sam, Devduv or rojo. It’s amazing how bad our coaches suck but somehow cosmi and shack and beck and rojo and kerstetter and Sam are/were way better players than their h.s. Recruiting rankings predicted. I bet if these guys would work harder they might get better.

Blaming eveyone but yourself for you not playing better is what bad players do.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So jake sm complained (allegedly) after he fumbled at the 10 v Okie lite but before he fumbled at our 30 v Kansas.

I’d love to know which players on D are blaming coaching for missed tackles. I’d love to know which dbs are blaming coaches for failing to get their head around to break up passes. I guess their coaches in peewee fball, junior hi, and hi school never taught them that either.

I’d also like to know which offensive players are complaining about bad coaching. I bet it’s not Sam, Devduv or rojo. It’s amazing how bad our coaches suck but somehow cosmi and shack and beck and rojo and kerstetter and Sam are/were way better players than their h.s. Recruiting rankings predicted. I bet if these guys would work harder they might get better.

Blaming eveyone but yourself for you not playing better is what bad players do.
    Point(s) well taken. Fair enough.

But if our inability to get to the QB is a formation issue. Fix it.

When our d-linemen encounter two hats either simultaneously, or after they rid themselves of one blocker, on almost every pass play... and the fourth guy “blitzing” from an unknown position almost always takes a clogged lane..... There is something wrong. We have admitted this is a problem. Make it go away.

If our receivers were constantly having to make plays on 50/50 balls; There could be something wrong with the route. Fix it. Get guys wide open on occasions. No, get guys open frequently, even better. If the QB is not finding them when they are open, fix it. We can continue with this. Last year our RBs got the knocked out of them. They were getting hit in the backfield, by unblocked men, etc... The transfer from Cal was a godsend because he got physically punished. But a month off we got things straightened out in the Sugar Bowl. The defense was actually getting pushed back on their heels. We physically dominated a team. Let’s do that. Anyway we can.

I’d love to know which dbs are blaming coaches for failing to get their head around to break up passes. I guess their coaches in peewee fball, junior hi, and hi school never taught them that either.
    7-on-7 coaching?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information