Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's enough dirt on Trump. No need to go full Duke lacrosse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think the right has to lie so much to make their case?

I have no comment on why the right lies so much.
    The right has to lie so much, because their beliefs about what is true quite often aren't supported by facts and evidence. Pretty simple.

You cannot sustain an accurate model of the world around you if you believe lies and things without applying some modi of skepticism.

Public policy should not be build on lies for this reason, because it wastes everybody's money.

Beliefs about reality have consequences. The fact that people in the right suck up everything they read without such critical thinking should bother you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you use Hillary's dishonesty as a disqualifier, you better be voting 3rd party because Donnie has her beat by miles on this one. Hillary twists the facts, hides stuff and lies like a lawyer, but Chump lies like an unbalanced sociopath, not caring if his lies can be disproved by a couple of minutes of research on youtube or google.
    That is a provable fact.

Trump lies reflexively. He is a salesman, and a con artist, and has gotten a lot of gullible people buying into what amounts to a pyramid scheme pitch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely incorrect.
    http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...bulists-214024

Trump is much more shameless as a trafficker in untruth. He seems willing to say whatever he deems necessary to win support at the moment, and he tries to get people to accept his statements through the sheer vehemence of his rhetoric. When he says, falsely, that “there’s no real assimilation” among “second- and third-generation” Muslims in the United States, it clearly doesn’t matter to Trump whether he’s right; what matters is that he wants us to believe he’s right. Many of his misstatements, taken individually, may be fairly innocent or at least commonplace, but the brazenness and frequency of the falsehoods, and their evident expedience, are what set Trump apart. Moreover, his typical response to being called out is to double down on a falsehood—like denying that he backed the 2003 Iraq invasion and the 2011 Libya intervention—or to pretend he never uttered it, showing an egregious unconcern or contempt for truth that taxes even the generous standards of political discourse.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    “It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”

― Ronald Reagan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's enough dirt on Trump. No need to go full Duke lacrosse.
    True that. As I have said before, what horrors lie in his finances should give anyone pause.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You just linked the British National Inquirer with a story about making up stories.

Did you read it?
    And you linked an article from Jezebel, that quotes the Daily Mail.

Did you read it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you linked an article from Jezebel, that quotes the Daily Mail.

Did you read it?
    Spurminator didn't link that, I did. And I read the DM article that was included in the story I posted, which doesn't say the story was fabricated. It says that the fact that she dropped the case had led to speculation that the story may have been fabricated. ("But DailyMail.com has learned that she has dropped the case against Trump, leading to speculation that Johnson's story may have been fabricated."). Speculation is not proof.

The subsequent report, which you've posted, claims that the story was made up, but it's pretty thin on fact to support that assertion. I wouldn't be shocked if it were made up, but I've yet to see anything to conclusively (or even persuasively) prove that it was actually fabricated. And there are still plausible explanations for dropping the suit that have nothing whatsoever to do with whether her claims were true or not.

Regardless, it's over. Since I had been vocal on this subject, I posted a relevant story when I saw that the suit had been dropped. I thought that was a balanced approach to the issue.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Spurminator didn't link that, I did. And I read the DM article that was included in the story I posted, which doesn't say the story was fabricated. It says that the fact that she dropped the case had led to speculation that the story may have been fabricated. ("But DailyMail.com has learned that she has dropped the case against Trump, leading to speculation that Johnson's story may have been fabricated."). Speculation is not proof.

The subsequent report, which you've posted, claims that the story was made up, but it's pretty thin on fact to support that assertion. I wouldn't be shocked if it were made up, but I've yet to see anything to conclusively (or even persuasively) prove that it was actually fabricated. And there are still plausible explanations for dropping the suit that have nothing whatsoever to do with whether her claims were true or not.

Regardless, it's over. Since I had been vocal on this subject, I posted a relevant story when I saw that the suit had been dropped. I thought that was a balanced approach to the issue.
    Not the first time I've confused you and Spurminator, take that as a compliment. I'm assuming it was made up after reading about all of the other frivolous lawsuits Lubow was behind, but my opinion on the matter means jack.

It is over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the first time I've confused you and Spurminator, take that as a compliment.
    I'll gladly take being confused for Spurminator. Spurminator may not be as pleased.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    “It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”

― Ronald Reagan
    thats funny.

but, actually, most everyone that worked closely with him have said "you could wade through ronald reagan's deepest thoughts and never get your ankles wet"

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll gladly take being confused for Spurminator. Spurminator may not be as pleased.
    Highly pleased.

Thread Information