Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I must be bad luck for him. Bc I've only seen 2 Clipper games and it was game 6 vs Denver and Game 4 vs Dallas
    Without him the Clippers could have lost in the first round. He's been that important for them. It's one of the reasons I despise him considering he cost the Spurs a chance to go to the playoffs and now is valuable help for #2 to get another le.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Jordan literally shoved Russell for a championship clincher & same with Reggie pushing his defenders including Jorn to get open.

I didn’t say it was new. I didn’t say my examples were the only ones.

I’m suggesting it has a lot to do with how egregious and prevalent flopping has become throughout the league.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Phillip Big Nutz Jackson with the goods

This should be Coach Malone's message. Crock Rivers never progressed as a coach

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If the Clipps blow a 3-1 lead with Kiwi as their leader? There will be blood. I'm bringing back Kool, luva and Giuseppe

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    If the Clipps blow a 3-1 lead with Kiwi as their leader? There will be blood. I'm bringing back Kool, luva and Giuseppe
    Please don’t.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be looking forward to seeing that. I still believe the Clippers will win game 7 granted I hope I'm wrong.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I would be looking forward to seeing that. I still believe the Clippers will win game 7 granted I hope I'm wrong.
    I might get pinked if it happens

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Lowry should have taken 39 shots a game. Unlike Montrez, the Raptors weren’t going to win without Siakam scoring otherwise Van Vleet would have dribbled out the clock & shot an air ball. But in any case, Siakam/Gasol were playing stifling defense which is what kept them in the series.

Harrell is a s of himself, dude was eating donuts during the quarantine & can barely make a layup in traffic let alone playing any semblance of defense. When the Clippers basically lost due to Nuggets making a runs with Montrez on the floor then there is no excuse for playing him against freaking Jokic even for 5 minutes. Once the Nuggets get rolling they have shown repeatedly in this postseason that they are difficult to stop. This reminds me of Poop matching up Diaw against Kanter when he was getting eaten alive REPEATEDLY.
    Again, didn't suggest that. The point was, Siakam should have been more of a finisher. They also didn't run any off ball screening actions (cross/rip, etc.) to attempt to get him an advantage/switch on Brown/Smart and get him deep post position. Gasol was killing their already laboring offense throughout the series and wasn't suited for the matchup to begin with.

A black coach would have been getting dissected and roasted for these decisions, among other things (like minutes).

That doesn't answer whether Zubac can give them 40 minutes. They could lean in Green/Morris at the five, which spaces Jokic out on defense, but offensively means immediate doubles, which makes them susceptible to him picking them apart with his passing.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Again, didn't suggest that. The point was, Siakam should have been more of a finisher. They also didn't run any off ball screening actions (cross/rip, etc.) to attempt to get him an advantage/switch on Brown/Smart and get him deep post position.
    if you watched the series then you would have seen how many layups Siakam blew even with deep post position. Besides, the Celtics defensive scheme is to pack the paint & force 3s which is why Ibaka got so many open looks in the series (alas, Siakam couldn’t make a jump shot to save the life). They also tried running the Siakam/Lowry PnR but it didn’t work again Brown/Smart. Last but not least, Celtics completely eliminated the transition buckets he usually feasts on against weaker opponents.

Gasol was killing their already laboring offense throughout the series and wasn't suited for the matchup to begin With
    Gasol is definitely TOSB but he was the reason Tatum had trouble finishing in the paint & that changed when he got benched in Gm 7.

A black coach would have been getting dissected and roasted for these decisions, among other things (like minutes).
    Donovan was getting killed b/c the underdog team flubbed a desperation in bound play in a game where the team’s best player was an undrafted rookie

That doesn't answer whether Zubac can give them 40 minutes. They could lean in Green/Morris at the five, which spaces Jokic out on defense, but offensively means immediate doubles, which makes them susceptible to him picking them apart with his passing.
    Again, Doc can push Zubac to ~35 & Green to around ~25 minutes which should all but eliminate Harrell’s minutes against Jokic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are other examples. I just gave a couple.

I don’t know that I’ve noticed LeBron with a stiff arm that often. But Kawhi definitely uses a push off a lot. He rarely extends his arm all the way, which is why I think he doesn’t ever get called for it. But his off arm is significant enough to still get his defender off balanced most of the time. But that’s just what I’ve seen.
    Pfff. Defenders adjust to these pushes. Elite defenders will actually use that push for their own advantage so it’s actually tougher for Kawhi to maintain his balance. It’s exactly how hand checking makes players easier to score against.
    Last edited by ambchang; 09-14-2020 at 07:30 PM.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Pfff. Defenders adjust to these pushes. Elite defenders will actually use that push for their own advantage so it’s actually tougher for Kawhi to maintain his balance. It’s exactly how hand checking makes players easier to score against.
    No.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Clippers lose game 7 is it the biggest failure in sports history midnightpulp?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    G
    If Clippers lose game 7 is it the biggest failure in sports history midnightpulp?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No. Dwight and Nash had never won. Kawhi's leading the new Bulls

-25 points son.

Nephew BETTA winPERIOD

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    No. Dwight and Nash had never won.

Kawhi's leading the new Bulls

-25 points son.

Nephew BETTA winPERIOD
    Forgot that Montrez proclaimed he was the “modern day Rodman” although he can’t defend or rebound

https://www.si.com/nba/clippers/news...-dennis-rodman
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 09-15-2020 at 07:55 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers aren't going to lose. NBA won't let that happen.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Forgot that Montrez proclaimed he was the “modern day Rodman” although he can’t defend or rebound

https://www.si.com/nba/clippers/news...-dennis-rodman

And where did you find that t-shirt pic?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Load Manager in game 7s

41 points. Not bad. Until you see he shot 16 of 39

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Load Manager in game 7s

#2 has had 2 terrible game 7's in a row as the number 1 guy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Stop it. Kawhi wasn’t even an All-Star in ‘15 meanwhile Tim was All-NBA/All-Star along with leading the team in win-shares & Evita/Enrique had a higher usage rate. If Kawhi was the #1 in ‘15 then he was the #1 in ‘14 when when he actually led the “best team of the decade” in win-shares during the ENTIRE duration of the seasons although folks want to make the Finals as a flash in a pan.

Against the Sixers, he had to turn into Iverson while putting the clamps on Jimmy Butler b/c everyone else not names Ibaka was ting their pants as they usually did pre-Kawhi & Danny was getting his ass busted by Butler all series long.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 09-15-2020 at 02:33 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Load Manager in game 7s

Let’s pull up Kirby’s file, he got FMVP for shooting 6-24 (basically, 12-48) & actually had Pau/Artest/Fisher who weren’t playing scared. He was also guarding Rondo in that series who outplayed him in Gm 7.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop it. Kawhi wasn’t even an All-Star in ‘15 meanwhile Tim was All-NBA/All-Star along with leading the team in win-shares & Evita/Enrique had a higher usage rate. If Kawhi was the #1 in ‘15 then he was the #1 in ‘14 when when he actually led the “best team of the decade” in win-shares during the ENTIRE duration of the seasons although folks want to make the Finals as a flash in a pan.

Against the Sixers, he had to turn into Iverson while putting the clamps on Jimmy Butler b/c everyone else not names Ibaka was ting their pants as they usually did pre-Kawhi & Danny was getting his ass busted by Butler all series long.
    Harlem stop post under your alt.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Let’s pull up Kirby’s file, he got FMVP for shooting 6-24 (basically, 12-48) & actually had Pau/Artest/Fisher who weren’t playing scared. He was also guarding Rondo in that series who outplayed him in Gm 7.
    It took him 39 shots to score 41 points. You might wanna sit this one out home slice

Thread Information