Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something like Lauri + Aminu for DDR?

Im assuming $30M for DDR...$20M Lauri and $10M for Aminu's expiring deal.
    Maybe a pick swap too if they're higher than us in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Brian Wrong is high on him then I can definitely see this being a terrible move for the team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - People too high on Markkanen.
    - He is not that great. There is a reason why he is not having a good career, even playing for multiple coaches.
    - Markkanen is not strong enough to defend the 5 nor agile enough to defend the 4.
    - He is not consistent nor have a special talent offensively.
    - For 2+1 contract at 13m per year, he could be a decent bet.
    - I would sign him over Rudy.
    Yeah, I've been opposed. Not only soft, injury prone and inconsistent, but doesn't really have an ideal defensive position.

Even though the Bulls are clearly done with him and covet Ball, from an asset management perspective it's still probably going to take 3/$54-60M to dissuade them from matching.

It'd be typical Spurs, but they'd be better off targeting Collins. If they're going to spend relatively big, do so for someone who might be able to help move the needle instead of trying to seemingly build the most unremarkable team possible.
    Last edited by TD 21; 04-14-2021 at 03:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ugh, please no

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leave it to the Spurs to have the most cap space available.... during the worst free agency market.
    I mean the Spurs couldn't land anyone coming off a le with a young Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, what use would the capspace be in a year they're not even making the playoffs? This team is going to have to build through the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense but what is strong?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the interest in Vucevic was a bluff by the Spurs to fool the Bulls into thinking Vucevic + DeMar would have worked because the Spurs were "interested". The Spurs could work a DeMar for Lauri kind of deal.
    This is a stretch homie. If our front office is spending time strategizing on ways to land this guy as you suggest we are in deeper trouble than the most bearish Spurs fan (that would be me) can truly imagine. Just start Luka and squint your eyes a tad or even better smash a bottle of whiskey before each game next season; Luka and Jak or Lauri and Jak as your starting 4/5 is POTATO, PATATO. Same, same both equally unexciting. Atleast one costs considerably less.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why you would pay this guy big bucks if you have any confidence in Luka being a rotation NBA player next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why you would pay this guy big bucks if you have any confidence in Luka being a rotation NBA player next year.
    Luka playing bench minutes and getting a starter like Markkannen with a good 3 ball is different. In fact another PF Luka type player should be their draft target. Fills a definite need plus Luka and Markkannen could play together if they are both playing well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    have to imagine that whatever this guy's contract will be is going to be an overpay

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    both games against the spurs he shot 4-10 had 10pts each last game he was -21. Why would the spurs want someone who cannot beat out the players already on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like it would be a typical post-Duncan move by the front office so I believe it. The treadmill goes nowhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends on what you want, i prefer Collins because he's more complete but at the right price, Markannen would be a good addition imo.

I have the same concern about his D, i think he is a so-so defender but he can score and is a good 3 pt shooter wich is a spurs need ( 36% with 6 attempts per game in 4 years).

For me the real concern is health with Markannen other than that i think he will be a good pick up ( at the right price ).

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    so Spurs gave Bertans away, don't play Luka, yet want to make a strong offer to the same type of player? LMAO sperms

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so Spurs gave Bertans away, don't play Luka, yet want to make a strong offer to the same type of player? LMAO sperms
    Absolutely mind-boggling

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why are you reacting to this as if this reports any merit at all? Actually, who am I kidding. It's a tall euro kid who is not a good defender so it likely may happen. Lol. Makes no sense to let davis go for what ended up being nothing, keep luka on the bench, but then go after lauri

Although, he will help with spacing and could provide a solid 15-20 mpg. I remember him complaining about the gameplan being changed and him not getting the same amount of touches he had compared to his career year. Surround him with defenders like white/murray/vassell and its a start. I'm all for this. John collins is staying in Atlanta.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparing Markannen to Bertans ooooook loool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Lyles, at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a stretch homie. If our front office is spending time strategizing on ways to land this guy as you suggest we are in deeper trouble than the most bearish Spurs fan (that would be me) can truly imagine. Just start Luka and squint your eyes a tad or even better smash a bottle of whiskey before each game next season; Luka and Jak or Lauri and Jak as your starting 4/5 is POTATO, PATATO. Same, same both equally unexciting. Atleast one costs considerably less.
    I didn't mean it in that way though. What I described was more on pumping up DeMar's value than finding a way to get Lauri. Lauri is probably just the best they can get from the Bulls aside from their pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always figured that Collins would be free agent target number 1 and if doesn't work out Lauri would be free agent target number 2.

I am sure the spurs could care less about his defense since he will be playing next to Poeltl, although I do not really agree with this line of thinking.

Offensively he is a perfect fit and defensively he can't be worse than Demar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't mean it in that way though. What I described was more on pumping up DeMar's value than finding a way to get Lauri. Lauri is probably just the best they can get from the Bulls aside from their pick.
    Ahhh get it. I think realistic DDR sign and trade destinations are firm contenders who can hide his weaknesses and are positioned to accentuate his strengths. Teams like Miami, Boston, Lakers, Philly would be pretty good fits. They pribably won’t offer him more than 25mm a year and won’t/aren't positioned to give us sh!t in return. I’d rather let DDR walk and wish him luck than trade him and waste cap on someone like Lauri.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I've been opposed. Not only soft, injury prone and inconsistent, but doesn't really have an ideal defensive position.

Even though the Bulls are clearly done with him and covet Ball, from an asset management perspective it's still probably going to take 3/$54-60M to dissuade them from matching.

It'd be typical Spurs, but they'd be better off targeting Collins. If they're going to spend relatively big, do so for someone who might be able to help move the needle instead of trying to seemingly build the most unremarkable team possible.
    Collins rejected 90mil. He is significantly going to cost more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahhh get it. I think realistic DDR sign and trade destinations are firm contenders who can hide his weaknesses and are positioned to accentuate his strengths. Teams like Miami, Boston, Lakers, Philly would be pretty good fits. They pribably won’t offer him more than 25mm a year and won’t/aren't positioned to give us sh!t in return. I’d rather let DDR walk and wish him luck than trade him and waste cap on someone like Lauri.
    The reason I think the Bulls are a likely landing zone for Demar is because of how poorly the aftermath of trading for Vucevic has been. That trade was someone's idea, and that someone is going to be really desperate to make it look good or else they're going to lose their job fast. You don't trade a pick without protections on it unless you're confident your team is going to do well with the player you traded for. Vucevic was a psuedo star and is an example of why the Spurs should be careful to not just go for anybody regardless of fit. I honestly don't know what team would suit Vucevic best.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a pick swap too if they're higher than us in the draft.
    Orlando has the rights to the Bulls pick next year. The Vucevic trade is turning into a great trade for Orlando.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins rejected 90mil. He is significantly going to cost more.
    Sure, but something like $7M annually makes no functional difference in building the roster.

Thread Information