Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not digging through ST to satisfy your curiosity. Believe me or dont. And if the attack is performed by anyone that is a rogue actor, then he is not a lawful combatant. The only "law" that justifies it is the law of combat as define by Geneva Conventions. Rogue actors don't gt legal protection, whether they are targeting soldiers or civilians.

Now maybe if he were some sort of militia? I don't know the specifics on how that would break out.

And I don't know whether or not it would be legally defined as terrorism. The general definition is non-lawful (read: un sanctioned) violence to support a political cause. All I know is that he isn't a "combatant" in the same sense as other armed forces that conform to international law.
    when it happens to us it is terrorism. when we kill them we're killing terrorists, even if it is a wedding or funeral

Do you have any idea the number of bombs we drop on other countries? Imagine if those were being dropped on our states.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I just said I don't know if it would be defined as terrorism or not. And yes of course I know dip . I'm overseas right now supporting Op Inherent Resolve.

You know why they don't drop bombs? Because they can't. If they could, they would. Do you think they'd be any nicer than us?

they don't wear uniforms because they aren't insane; no way they could compete. But that also obviously increases the risk of us hitting civilian targets. They know this, and it's a calculation those forces are willing to make. Civilian losses at as"acceptable" to them as they are to us, or else they would bear arms ands insignia openly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they don't wear uniforms because they aren't insane.
    Do our Freedom Bombs and Liberty Drones wear uniforms? Do they distinguish between guilty and innocent? Are the "heroes" in Nevada legitimate targets? Do they wear uniforms?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The US military has blown up weddings and funerals multiple times over the past 14 years, with dozens dead in each bombing. Let's not get into a moral argument here, because we lose 99 times out of 100.

The dude attacked a military target. He's an enemy combatant. He's dead. He's not a terrorist.
    Holy , this effeminate cuck is so far left, he's defending Muslim terrorists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , this effeminate cuck is so far left, he's defending Muslim terrorists.
    Yeah, stating facts about the back and forth war games that go on between our country and like 15 other countries we're bombing equates to "defending".

I'm "defending" a semantic point, which is that the word "terrorist" is useless and should be abandoned.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Do our Freedom Bombs and Liberty Drones wear uniforms? Do they distinguish between guilty and innocent? Are the "heroes" in Nevada legitimate targets? Do they wear uniforms?
    They are fired by men and women in uniform. There might be some contractors, which you might have some slight opening on. (Akin to how the law is sketchy when it comes to mercy hired by the US like Blackwater).

Anyways, obviously those operators are legitimate targets. You know who else is a legit target? My family living on base. Housing areas are legitimate areas to bomb.

But obviously now you've just been pulling a Boutons. Why don't you get pissed off at those assholes for not wearing uniforms? The only reasons the assholes in the ME don't drop bombs on us is because they CANT. Don't think they wouldn't. In a second.

Should the US do everything within its power to ensure proper use of force? Yes. Will there be collateral damage? Of course. This isn't playtime. Personally I'm for more isolationism. But you can't expect US forces to be able to hit every bad guy, and ONLY the bad guy, every time. It's unrealistic.

Or you can keep sucking this killers . What an "honorable" combatant he is to spray a recruiters office and then drive on base and shoot a bunch of people. A real warrior.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Oh and bull Splits with your "terrorist" argent. Point out where I called him that. All I did is call you out for implying he was a lawful combatant equivalent to a soldier. He wasn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or you can keep sucking this killers . What an "honorable" combatant he is to spray a recruiters office and then drive on base and shoot a bunch of people. A real warrior.
    I'm not sucking anybody's . I'm simply pointing out the view from "the other" side. You find drone operators as heroes, when they are blowing up wedding and funeral processions. I simply think that's not very honorable. The US military bombs recruiter offices and bases throughout the middle east with 500-2000 pound bombs daily. I don't hear you decrying the injustice when thousands of brown women and children die due to our actions.

and "collateral damage" Are you really that sick that you think thousands of dead brown women and children can just be swept under the rug by 2 words?

You're trying to justify your bloodlust through "moral relativism". It's a farce. You're guilty if you participate in the most deadly, vicious and inhumane project on earth without objection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and bull Splits with your "terrorist" argent. Point out where I called him that. All I did is call you out for implying he was a lawful combatant equivalent to a soldier. He wasn't.
    What's an "argent"?

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture of a Palestinian on a computer (do you all even have computers in the "homeland"?) so this will have to do. Righteous indignation on a basketball message board. you sure are making a difference for all those people you claim to care about.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I'm not sucking anybody's .
    Other than Bruce Jenner's?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have Caitlyn's in a formaldehyde jar in my Planned Parenthood clinic where I preform 3rd trimester abortions and sell the baby parts to Germany for Kirby's knees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's your anti-death-penalty crusade going? Haven't seen any threads on it. Did I miss them?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I'm not sucking anybody's . I'm simply pointing out the view from "the other" side. You find drone operators as heroes, when they are blowing up wedding and funeral processions. I simply think that's not very honorable. The US military bombs recruiter offices and bases throughout the middle east with 500-2000 pound bombs daily. I don't hear you decrying the injustice when thousands of brown women and children die due to our actions.

and "collateral damage" Are you really that sick that you think thousands of dead brown women and children can just be swept under the rug by 2 words?

You're trying to justify your bloodlust through "moral relativism". It's a farce. You're guilty if you participate in the most deadly, vicious and inhumane project on earth without objection.
    Except you are an idiot, because if you spent any time at all on these boards, you would know I'm relatively liberal, and DO decry that and note how we are probably fomenting more terrorism due to invading/attacking countries. I would rather we pull out of the majority of countries we are in, but I know we won't because oil.

Your whole argument is making things out of straw. When did I say that drone operators were "heroes"? Are you pissy because I value American lives more than ME lives? Well, sorry.

Did I say "who cares" about collateral damage? I note the reality of warfare. War sucks. But thinking there won't be any innocents killed is fanciful and stupid. Calling it "collateral" is because that's what it is; otherwise we would be intentionally indiscriminately bombing families.

Tl;dr - Maybe if you actually paid attention to anything I wrote here, you wouldn't b coming off as a pretentious head full of straw arguments... but I doubt it. Also, I'll note that you avoided every one of my questions to you. Tell me, do you think if the show WS on the other foot, they would do things better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except you are an idiot, because if you spent any time at all on these boards, you would know I'm relatively liberal, and DO decry that and note how we are probably fomenting more terrorism due to invading/attacking countries. I would rather we pull out of the majority of countries we are in, but I know we won't because oil.
    Lazy excuse. Oil hasn't been cheaper than it is now for decades. It's about hegemony, influence, dominance and power. For no specific or utilitarian need, just to swing our s. Americans are the dumbest 1st world country on the planet, and our foreign policy decisions back that up.

Your whole argument is making things out of straw. When did I say that drone operators were "heroes"? Are you pissy because I value American lives more than ME lives? Well, sorry.
    American bombs kill way more innocent women and children overseas than terrorists kill on our side of the pond. We've literally lost like 40 lives to "terrorism" in the US over the past 10 years while we have massacred thousands of innocents in Pakistan, Yemen, Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Somalia, Libya, Sudan, and on and on and on.

On top of that, we arm to the teeth the most racist and violent middle eastern country (Israel) and every couple of years they slaughter 500 children and 1500 civilians as if they were brushing their teeth. It's disgusting foreign policy.

Yet we freak out because 5 of our warriors were killed.

it's terrorism if it happens to us, but not to them

Did I say "who cares" about collateral damage? I note the reality of warfare. War sucks. But thinking there won't be any innocents killed is fanciful and stupid. Calling it "collateral" is because that's what it is; otherwise we would be intentionally indiscriminately bombing families.
    Umm, we basically are " indiscriminately bombing families". We have no clue who we are bombing:

Which ends up killing our own POWs:

Yemen?

Tl;dr - Maybe if you actually paid attention to anything I wrote here, you wouldn't b coming off as a pretentious head full of straw arguments... but I doubt it. Also, I'll note that you avoided every one of my questions to you. Tell me, do you think if the show WS on the other foot, they would do things better?
    The only less moral army on the planet than the US is Israel. We both slaughter innocents. They do it by the thousands. We do it by the tens of thousands. So go yourself and your military pride. I didn't avoid any of your "questions". You're reeling and it is obvious you are trying to morally justify your complicity in the murder regime that is the US military.

you.
    Last edited by Splits; 07-19-2015 at 01:58 PM.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    boutons_trois

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They hate us for our freedoms

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They hate us for our freedoms

wouldn't mind a few more stars in turkey tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ing obvious that our military bombs weddings and social gatherings in the middle east for the lulz. There literally cannot be any other reason. Stop being sheep and open your eyes.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You're right Splits. Let me get on the phone with Obama and have us pull out. You are aware I already stated I'm for more isolationism right? Noting that I know we won't isn't the same as saying I'm for it. Reading comprehension isn't your strongest suit. As far as "morally justify" my job, it's pretty easy. Obviously, our country needs a military. From there, it's also pretty obvious that we need people to fill those slots. So there you go! Now, I ALSO think we're way more offensive than we need to be, which is why I try to vote for non-hawks. Again, do you think the asshole who shot people up is "honorable"? Do you think he wouldn't drop a bomb if he could? But go ahead and feel free to idolize ISIS, Al Qaeda, etc, because they're a much more moral military than ours because, ya know, they kill less people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right Splits. Let me get on the phone with Obama and have us pull out.
    Your dad should have pulled out.

Just kidding. I was pretty wasted last night when I said you. Don't take it all back, but...

You are aware I already stated I'm for more isolationism right? Noting that I know we won't isn't the same as saying I'm for it. Reading comprehension isn't your strongest suit.
    We agree here.

As far as "morally justify" my job, it's pretty easy. Obviously, our country needs a military. From there, it's also pretty obvious that we need people to fill those slots. So there you go!
    It's still a choice. And you choose to participate in a morally bankrupt enterprise.

Now, I ALSO think we're way more offensive than we need to be, which is why I try to vote for non-hawks. Again, do you think the asshole who shot people up is "honorable"?
    Don't disagree with the first sentence. Your second is just nonsense, I never said that got was honorable. Just that he attacked a military target, not a school, mall, bus, plane, etc.

Do you think he wouldn't drop a bomb if he could? But go ahead and feel free to idolize ISIS, Al Qaeda, etc, because they're a much more moral military than ours because, ya know, they kill less people.
    Please. "Idolize". They're a bunch of bat crazy heads who deserve to be killed wherever they are found. But the WAY we (US military) go about it is completely deranged. They don't operate by any rules. But that doesn't mean we should stoop to their level. The simple facts are linked in my previous responses. We bomb weddings. We bomb funerals. We bomb without knowing the exact target, based on "patterns". Just because we're first world war criminals, and I recognize and condemn that, does not mean there is a moral equivalence with the barbarians who intentionally attack civilians. But my criticism is more worthy of the people, politicians, and armies that represent me. It's easy as to decry "the other" without any introspection.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Ok, so I agree that we should obviously not bomb in those measures. It's pretty f'd up, and I try to do what I can to fix that by electing non-hawks. I personally don't think the military is "morally bankrupt"; there's a lot of good things the military does too, not to mention the necessity of needing SOMEONE to defend the country. (Especially cyber, which is what I do... I would rather not have China hack all our stuff. Of course, easier said than done, since people on the network are dumb...) And I also apologize for getting a little heated.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Americans are the dumbest 1st world country on the planet, and our foreign policy decisions back that

The only less moral army on the planet than the US is Israel. We both slaughter innocents. .
    You are talking about two Democracies that actively criticize THEMSELVES. We put it out in front for the world to see or try damn hard to do so. ( I believe our press is absolutely essential to our well being and no other press does it better) What form of government do you suggest would make us a "smart" 1st world superpower?

What superpower would you replace the U.S. with as the big dog?

We have democratically decided we owe the world stability because we live so well on the whole. This big dog role in the hands of a Democratic society is going to make mistakes in the short term and long term ( isolate v. police) The fact that we can actually discuss this freely also seems to have escaped you.

Your second statement is a joke. It's a laughable joke. You obviously don't read about other countries and their militaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe our press is absolutely essential to our well being and no other press does it better.
    I stopped reading there. What a horrible ing take. We have the most subservient, useless press imaginable. They're in bed with the government. They are enablers of the powerful. As Colbert said at the White House Correspondence dinner in 2006:

Over the last five years you people were so good -- over tax cuts, WMD intelligence, the effect of global warming. We Americans didn't want to know, and you had the courtesy not to try to find out. Those were good times, as far as we knew.

But, listen, let's review the rules. Here's how it works: the president makes decisions. He's the Decider. The press secretary announces those decisions, and you people of the press type those decisions down. Make, announce, type. Just put 'em through a spell check and go home. Get to know your family again. Make love to your wife. Write that novel you got kicking around in your head. You know, the one about the intrepid Washington reporter with the courage to stand up to the administration. You know - fiction!
    And it's only gotten worse since. For example: https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2...-great-damage/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The armed civilians who have been guarding a military recruitment center here are gone, ordered off the property after one of them accidentally discharged his rifle on Thursday. No one was injured.
    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...hot-fired.html

Thread Information