Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're gonna watch Sengun torture Poeltl four times a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sigh... Its going to be painful to watch Sengun develop and blossom...on an archrival no less. It's Scola all over again.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea is to make good picks with your prized drafting spot-maybe not going with a hunch?
    Problem is Spurs have not adjusted their drafting process. When they were a contender, they would look for standouts in the combine and take them with a late 1st. They're still doing the same thing despite drafting in the lottery. The top tier talent doesn't participate in the combine so they're basically looking at guys that go off on undrafted scrubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sigh... Its going to be painful to watch Sengun develop and blossom...on an archrival no less. It's Scola all over again.

We gotta concentrate on primo,and vassel .sengun&halliburton arent spurs. Our guys gotta develop, and grow. Hopefully primo doesnt rot in austin all season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    glad I'm not paying to watch their crap this season .

Could have rebuilt their frontcourt, but nooo

Saved 5 months in age at the expense of unteachable instinct, feel and touch, way to go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bb-but the guy has character issue

I don’t know if Spurs even offered on JC. But Spurs could’ve gotten this guy (or Sengun) at a rookie contract. But wait, we “might” have a steal in Primo in two or 3 years

Last edited by John B; 08-11-2021 at 12:41 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft class was loaded and pretty much everyone knew that. I would've loved Sengun (he was my guy for a while at that pick), but the team saw Primo's youth, offensive upside, advanced skillset (for an 18 Y.O. with a limited role in college) and most of all his ability to hit the three in multifaceted ways (something none of our current guards do well).

A lot of the kids drafted after Primo are looking mighty impressive, but it's only Summer League and they'll nearly all go through growing pains.

I don't expect Primo to have a "breakout" performance cause the talent around him, Vassell and Jones is lacking on this squad, but I'm also not gonna fawn over other kids having them.

They all come back down to Earth in September and going through struggles, while hopefully our guy can build up his skills in Austin. Many think he won't see time until 2023, but I would be surprised if his opportunities come much sooner.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    sengun cant shoot stop whining about him...........just pack the paint & he becomes useless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by John B; 08-11-2021 at 02:47 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is Spurs have not adjusted their drafting process. When they were a contender, they would look for standouts in the combine and take them with a late 1st. They're still doing the same thing despite drafting in the lottery. The top tier talent doesn't participate in the combine so they're basically looking at guys that go off on undrafted scrubs.
    Well Vassell and Tre did not participate in the combine if that counts or just this year?

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sengun on fire but its not a surprise

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably this was a draft to bet on... But idk if some teams were willing to sell their late first picks for money or players... The point is that if okc was willing to do so, I wonder what could have been enough for their mid picks {16 and 18}...because Sengun and Jalen Johnson looks like players in roles we need and both with brilliant perspectives...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sengun cant shoot stop whining about him...........just pack the paint & he becomes useless
    He literally just hit a logo three in today's game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember Patrick McCaw? I barely do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Vassell and Tre did not participate in the combine if that counts or just this year?
    That doesn't support their (meaning he isn't the only one saying that dumb ) narrative, so no it doesn't count.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember Patrick McCaw? I barely do.
    Again, doesn't support their narrative and apparently all these rookies - some will - are gonna just tear the NBA up. Summer League is always a clear and obvious indicator of regular season success.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone give me examples of players who played poorly in the Summer League but became good NBA players?

McCaw is a good example of someone who performed well in the Summer League but not in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone give me examples of players who played poorly in the Summer League but became good NBA players?

McCaw is a good example of someone who performed well in the Summer League but not in the NBA.
    I brought up McCaw because of how ty people were about the Spurs passing on him for DJM.

But along those lines, Murray wasn't a good SL player and still made it in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t George Hill shoot like 25% in his first Summer League?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're gonna watch Sengun torture Poeltl four times a year.
    At least it will be fun watching Sengun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trea Young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun with 19, 7 & 4 blocks in 20 minutes so far

If only he had played at the combine and lit up a bunch of undrafted kids instead of dominating grown men in turkey

Maybe then ...
    I hope they didn't pass on him bc they had Jakob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    god if it was so easy to project a player’s future based off summer league, the NBA should host summer league before the draft and not after

people like to simplify things so hard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cunningham had a poor first game with 12 pts, that doesn’t mean he shouldnt have been the #1 pick

Kai jones just had 3 pts in a summer league the other night, but even I don’t think that means he should be a 2nd rounder because of one bad game

duarte is killing it, and I like him but it’s not like because of those games I think he’s a surefire star

Maybe judge a rookie after his rookie year has ended, and not after a couple summer league games. People love to react too quickly, maybe that’s why people love the news and its tendency to cause mass outrage

Thread Information