Page 217 of 433 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 10824
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    no one is stopping the producers from producing in their current fields but themselves.
    With the relatively recent development of artificially accelerated boom/bust cycles, producers are hesitant to drill to their capacity again. And as ElNono pointed out, its economically feasible to extract shale oil now but who knows how long that condition will last?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Correct. This is because oil futures completely tanked when the pandemic came about and most of the investments in shale oil extraction ended up losing money and in debt.

Now that Brandon crushed the pandemic (lmao), and with gas prices going up, re-investing in shale extraction might be economically good again, but debts have to get paid first and restarting that production won't happen overnight.

In the meantime, no oil means a hit to every American's pockets. Short term, I expect the US to gradually lose dependency on that oil, and long term, investment and replacement with renewables is probably the solution both economically and politically.
    Please, we swore upon the Good Book a half century ago/.25 a gallon that we would never again be caught bent over the oil barrel. A half century later we're bent over the oil barrel, at/$4.50 a gallon.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the relatively recent development of artificially accelerated boom/bust cycles, producers are hesitant to drill to their capacity again. And as ElNono pointed out, its economically feasible to extract shale oil now but who knows how long that condition will last?
    Right, the producers and their stockholders have to want to roll the dice again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, the producers and their stockholders have to want to roll the dice again.

So question Chump if Biden is so tough on Russia and Putin why not stop all oil imports that would have a huge impact on Russians finances? Tell me why we are Still importing thousands of barrels a day from a country that is invading and and killing innocent people?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you want to roll the dice again when this administration is so anti-everything oil/gas. Such dreamers you worshippers of climate change are - wishing for GREEN energy when we are nowhere near widespread use and subjecting, especially in Europe, ourselves to the whim of Putin. What happens when this madman takes over Ukraine and sets his sight on neighboring NATO countries? You think Germany and Italy are going without gas (especially in winter) to defend them? What's gonna happen to NATO then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So question Chump if Biden is so tough on Russia and Putin why not stop all oil imports that would have a huge impact on Russians finances? Tell me why we are Still importing thousands of barrels a day from a country that is invading and and killing innocent people?
    You already say you're suffering so badly on Facebook. People like you are soft and can't handle higher gas prices.

Would you want to roll the dice again when this administration is so anti-everything oil/gas. Such dreamers you worshippers of climate change are - wishing for GREEN energy when we are nowhere near widespread use and subjecting, especially in Europe, ourselves to the whim of Putin. What happens when this madman takes over Ukraine and sets his sight on neighboring NATO countries? You think Germany and Italy are going without gas (especially in winter) to defend them? What's gonna happen to NATO then?
    Why are you changing the subject?

Sounds like you want to let Putin have anything he wants because you're afraid of high gas prices too.

You would've rolled over for Hitler and Tojo because it would've affected like meat and nylons for you.

There is nothing stopping producers from increasing production except the fact they think they can get more money by not increasing production.
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 02-26-2022 at 04:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither Italy or Germany are going without gas. They have already been getting more LNG from the US and other countries since January than the gas they received from Russia (https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/03/b...europe-us.html)

The countries that are ed are the ones more reliant on Russia, mostly Eastern Europe countries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "She's only actually published a single decision as an appellate judge, and that came out in the last 24 hours," George Washington University Law School professor Jonathan Turley said Friday on Fox News, noting it was "a win for unions against a change by federal agencies."

"She has some opinions as a district court judge," Turley noted. "They're quite lengthy opinions. She has been reversed, and the D.C. Circuit [Court of Appeals] reversed her for basically judicial overreach in a couple of cases."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "She's only actually published a single decision as an appellate judge, and that came out in the last 24 hours," George Washington University Law School professor Jonathan Turley said Friday on Fox News, noting it was "a win for unions against a change by federal agencies."

"She has some opinions as a district court judge," Turley noted. "They're quite lengthy opinions. She has been reversed, and the D.C. Circuit [Court of Appeals] reversed her for basically judicial overreach in a couple of cases."
    the SCOTUS justice we all need

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the SCOTUS justice we all need
    She's blackPERIOD

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You already say you're suffering so badly on Facebook. People like you are soft and can't handle higher gas prices.

Why are you changing the subject?

Sounds like you want to let Putin have anything he wants because you're afraid of high gas prices too.

You would've rolled over for Hitler and Tojo because it would've affected like meat and nylons for you.

There is nothing stopping producers from increasing production except the fact they think they can get more money by not increasing production.
    Talking about changing the Subject why can't you answer a simple question Chump why is the U.S still importing millions of barrels of Oil from Russia? Again, if Russia is the enemy why should we be paying them money to import Oil into our country?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Talking about changing the Subject why can't you answer a simple question Chump why is the U.S still importing millions of barrels of Oil from Russia? Again, if Russia is the enemy why should we be paying them money to import Oil into our country?
    Exactly, BH, it's a GD game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just goes to show you who the real war mongers are here on ST. It's all the weak males I speak of here daily tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    end of the day its all about oil, yet the west and industriallized countries still havnt moved to alternative energy...stop relying and paying to these wankers who dont share the same idealogy...yet they go used that money to buy profitable businesses still draining money from the western consumer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As of late 2021, the U.S. was importing 8.5 million barrels per day of crude oil from all countries. Russia supplied 595,000 barrels per day.

As an fyi, US gets 4.5 million barrels per day from Canada, our top supplier. So keep Trudeau happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not at war with Russia (or China for that matter), so not sure where this whole 'enemy' thing comes from. Sure, we don't like how they think and ugly things they do (and I'm sure it's mutual), but neither country is going to shoot themselves in the foot over it (at least for now).

It's not all black and white, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under Bush, Russia invaded Georgia. Under Obama, Russia took Crimea. Under Biden, Russia invaded Ukraine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not at war with Russia (or China for that matter), so not sure where this whole 'enemy' thing comes from. Sure, we don't like how they think and ugly things they do (and I'm sure it's mutual), but neither country is going to shoot themselves in the foot over it (at least for now).

It's not all black and white, tbh...
    The enemy thing seemed crystal clear when she lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The enemy thing seemed crystal clear when she lost.
    Not to me, but I can't speak for anybody else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how much oil private US companies are buying directly from Russia.

Do you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link to eia.gov site showing monthly imports of petroleum products into US by country.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_mov...im0_mbbl_m.htm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intelligent people get it.
    Joe tried and is trying to implement but MAGA communists resist.

A shift to clean energy would halt Russia's petro-thuggery and more (msn.com)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Intelligent people get it.
    Joe tried and is trying to implement but MAGA communists resist.

A shift to clean energy would halt Russia's petro-thuggery and more (msn.com)
    That tired old bromide. Biden pulls it out once and again and has State run media CNN run with it. "Run hard." --------- "Check, Mr. President."

You damn fool, you.

Thread Information