Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1624
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember that Summer League year (I think it was the year after Becky led them to the le and Fat Head and JSimmons won co-MVPs)...when Murray was getting hyped up so hard by the franchise and he himself was talking so much about how it was his time to lead/take over in Summer League.

Then he ing sucked, so much so that the Spurs held him out of games because it was cringy how awful he looked after getting hyped up so much?
    And that didn't end up so badly. Hooefully this ends the sams way (minus the trade).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs front office think Primo will be a franchise player they need to be replaced.
    Yup they only have 5 rings show for it. Heck no FA wants to come in a small market, even our own home grown wanted to leave. There’s no reason why thet should draft over the fence guy and try to develop him and a young age. Yup PATFO is the worst. I don’t know why other teams try to recruit our management and coaches. Damn idiots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasted lotto pick on a second rounder

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup they only have 5 rings show for it. Heck no FA wants to come in a small market, even our own home grown wanted to leave. There’s no reason why thet should draft over the fence guy and try to develop him and a young age. Yup PATFO is the worst. I don’t know why other teams try to recruit our management and coaches. Damn idiots.
    #savage

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, it’s not that Primo is going to be really good, he probably won’t be, but in general we have to accept that the Spurs are in a rebuilding stage and will have to take home run swings on players that may or may not bust. That’s where we are now. So, I can accept that general premise, but doesn’t mean I have to think that Primo is playing super well so far. There will be plenty of players we will have to wait on and see how they develop.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Five rings is because they had Duncan. No Duncan there would be no rings. Duncan made the front office overrated. No front office loses with Robinson and Duncan overlapping for several years and Duncan for 19 years and healthy for most of 19 years.
    The front office is very average.

Now we see how great they are without Duncan , a stready decline to the worst team in the league.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, it’s not that Primo is going to be really good, he probably won’t be, but in general we have to accept that the Spurs are in a rebuilding stage and will have to take home run swings on players that may or may not bust. That’s where we are now. So, I can accept that general premise, but doesn’t mean I have to think that Primo is playing super well so far. There will be plenty of players we will have to wait on and see how they develop.
    You take swings on players who exhibit athleticism, Primo is not that type of player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Five rings is because they had Duncan. No Duncan there would be no rings. Duncan made the front office overrated. No front office loses with Robinson and Duncan overlapping for several years and Duncan for 19 years and healthy for most of 19 years.

Now we see how great they are without Duncan , a stready decline to the worst team in the league.
    Okay 4 rings. Because that geriatric team of 2013-14 shouldn't be in the Finals against prime Lebron and his banana boat, without the Beautiful Game. But I guess Duncan was sole responsible for concocting that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Smartass, which team without top-15 of all time player in the roster has become a dynasty?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You take swings on players who exhibit athleticism, Primo is not that type of player.
    Spurs went for Samanic and Lonnie, and see where it got them. Primo was 18 and still growing. He maybe not as athletic, but he has a great feel for the game. I'm sure he's waaayy better than Dejounte at that age

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right. Whiffing on a home run pick doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad pick. A bad result does not always imply a bad decision was made.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right. Whiffing on a home run pick doesn't necessarily mean it was a bad pick. A bad result does not always imply a bad decision was made.
    This 100%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    History would suggest our draft selections panning out more often than not right? Anyone can see Primo isn’t playing where we would like him to at this stage but that’s why you drafted him young. He’ll be given time to develop into something special if it’s in the cards like all young players. It’s our investment in time/resources hoping to catch lightning in a bottle again!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually the opposite. By presumably going full scale rebuild, they can stop taking swings (at least with their own 1sts) and start picking among the obvious names at or near the top in a given year.

I'm tired of relying on selecting deeply flawed projects in one way or another and hoping they can mask or overcome them to an extent to reach fringe s om.

Since they haven't had a player with a modern game in this era, that's probably in large part what attracted them to Primo. He's not only is a volume 3-point shooter, but he actually attempts step back threes. It probably blew their mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs front office think Primo will be a franchise player they need to be replaced.
    should‘ve been replaced 5 years ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is not Primo
    It is who picked him where they did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only me Primo look 6'7" by now?

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 6'5. Yall have to stop lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaahh the cycle onces again starts. First, it was White, than Murray, then Walker, then Johnosn, and now its Primo.
    Yeah. This could go one for a while. Tbh I am past getting riled up about any of it. It's tank season for real.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Says a lot about how much of a terrible prospect you are when the only interesting thing people have to discuss about you is your height

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love the loathing of a spur player ……… wait for it…….. so called spurs fans! Lol Please keep this energy throughout the process Hopefully the other members hold you accountable when it’s all said and done. Gods speed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like a nice kid
    Just ain’t a lotto pick
    More like a second rounder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But whiffing on primo isn’t whiffing on a home run. He didn’t show that potential. It’s like whiffing on a ground rule double

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love the loathing of a spur player ……… wait for it…….. so called spurs fans! Lol Please keep this energy throughout the process Hopefully the other members hold you accountable when it’s all said and done. Gods speed.
    It's not loathing Atl. It's frustration that PATFO took a kid early they probably didn't need to take early. Probably could have gotten someone else and then still gotten him for not too much more trading into the back of the 1st round. He hasn't shown anything yet. 3rd worst player rating last season. Still showing the same signs of being very loose with his handle and turnover prone with just really dumb passing attempts. And then there's frustration with PATFO trying to force him into a position he's clearly not suited for, at PG.

Kid needs the pressure taken off of him and does not need to be the ball handler, primary or secondary. He just needs to be a wing player that focuses on 3 and D at first and slowly work on creating some offense with some occasional dribble drives. That he's not is on Pop. They will ruin him and his confidence.

But for the love of Zeus, stop acting like Primo is showing out because he's not, and again demonstrably so. I'm happy to post his stats from his rookie year if you want. They're abismal.

Thread Information