Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, technically 5 rings do walk through that door every day since Timmy is on the coaching staff. I think he can suit up now and play better than the lump of we have out there. , Timmy's three ball is probably better than DeMar's.
    good point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hang of what? I always root for the Spurs to win - even now. But making the playoffs is not really what I am focused on at the moment.
    Fair enough.

I want the Spurs to play a brand of basketball that is exciting enough to reignite my passion for the team. I want to see players play for the team rather than themselves, and play with passion and a modi of intelligence. If the team played like that - win or lose - I would be a great deal happier than I am now.
    Also fair. Although, personally, I don't think those intangibles mean much (or are even that perceptible) without winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs wouldn’t have even been close if not for Murray’s hustle plays off the bench. Murray should have closed that game but Pop took him out for a mistake. I am fine with tank. Rather prefer it at this point.
    It's so depressing right now. I honestly hope we keep on losing and get to dead last. At least we can get a nice pick and have something forward to look to. I doubt we will make a big trade come trade deadline. It's not the Spurs thing to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP starting threads like Amused and hiring him to write and he wonders why things are going wrong
    Also, bruh, I’m literally giving you the answers to the test...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if things continue like this if the Spurs will do a firesale on veterans (LMA, DeRozan, Gay) and prospects who aren't panning out (Lonnie) or may have reached their ceiling (Forbes, White)

I thought the Dejaunte contract was a good deal. Now, I wonder if we overpaid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if things continue like this if the Spurs will do a firesale on veterans (LMA, DeRozan, Gay) and prospects who aren't panning out (Lonnie) or may have reached their ceiling (Forbes, White)

I thought the Dejaunte contract was a good deal. Now, I wonder if we overpaid.
    I've never been high on White(overrated on this forum), but trading him while his value is low and still on a nice contract would be the worst thing they could do IMO.

He could still be a long-term starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never been high on White(overrated on this forum), but trading him while his value is low and still on a nice contract would be the worst thing they could do IMO.

He could still be a long-term starter.
    Yeah, White is off the table unless you are landing a young all star in a deal. Unfortunately I think Lonnie could be used in a trade if it means getting something they want (like adding him to LMA or DeRozan to get something they truly value or using Lonnie to help dump salary).

But Rudy, LMA, DeRozan should all be moved if possible for picks/youth. Or at least move some of them for a win now player to see if they fit better and can be built around the next couple years.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dream scenario Trade LMA, Demar, Beli, Forbes, and Gay for one year players with any picks

Then give these guys minutes. I don't know if they would win a lot but they would be compe ive on both sides and fun to watch. Now is a good time to fire sale tbh. You got a great young core and just need to hit on a superstar in the draft.
    Murray, White, Carrol, Lyles, Poetl
    Patty, Walker, Johnson, Samanic, Metu

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, White is off the table unless you are landing a young all star in a deal. Unfortunately I think Lonnie could be used in a trade if it means getting something they want (like adding him to LMA or DeRozan to get something they truly value or using Lonnie to help dump salary).

But Rudy, LMA, DeRozan should all be moved if possible for picks/youth. Or at least move some of them for a win now player to see if they fit better and can be built around the next couple years.
    I don't see the market for Aldridge, Portland and Orlando are the only conceivable scenarios I could imagine(and even that might be reaching).

I see the Spurs riding with him and maybe retiring his jersey, sadly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the market for Aldridge, Portland and Orlando are the only conceivable scenarios I could imagine(and even that might be reaching).

It only takes one team and I don’t see ORL with Vuc, Bamba being a market for LMA. But POR should definitely be and I can see maybe CHA who is the 7th seed as well (Same for DeRozan).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw this from poundingtherock

“In the Popovich era, the Spurs have given up 136 points or more in regulation only 6 times. Four of those have come this and last year. Tonight will be the 5th.”

Thats what I call the Timmy & Kawhi effect
    And the new rule changes.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the plus side, a lot of Spurs fans in that DC arena. Glad to know we are still being represented.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot the blue font but it was a joke
    OH ok... Lmfao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It kinda worked with Derrick White last season... just saying.

Derrick White and DJ have different facets to their game. DJ is no doubt the more athletic player. Derrick White is more poised, more skilled, able to facilitate better. As a Spurs fan, I like our chances better with Derrick holding the fort. And you wonder why Patty started the game? Pop needs high IQ players out there. Sorry. DJ has a lot more growing to do. A LOT MORE.
    U know what u do to players with high ceilings? You don't bench them... Did Giannis come off the bench with all his flaws? White is a decent starting PG... he doesn't have star potential, and doesn't make game changing plays... Murray goes on these crazy game changing spurts and benching him is supposed to give him confidence? We are the only team that does this to their young players, while other teams groom them by allowing them to grow on the fly... Make mistakes, etc... Our guys all play tentatively because they're scared... The only reason white played good last year is because Pop couldn't bench him... Before that ALL of u guys were saying he was trash, and even this year ppl are saying he isn't as good as he was last year... Hmmm... I wonder why...

All of Lonnie's confidence is gone because he is scared less to make a mistake... So he is on the floor overthinking everything and picking up dumb fouls because he is overreacting to the offensive player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so depressing right now. I honestly hope we keep on losing and get to dead last. At least we can get a nice pick and have something forward to look to. I doubt we will make a big trade come trade deadline. It's not the Spurs thing to do.
    Pop will bench him...why bother?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop would've benched Luka for Forbes. Any high pick we may get will just rot on the bench for his pets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop would've benched Luka for Forbes. Any high pick we may get will just rot on the bench for his pets.
    Very true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Disagree. There's still a market for Aldridge, provided he's motivated, which he should be if he's traded to a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a dumbass take this is. When has Pop ever benched a high pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has DAF86 bumped a Bertans thread yet?
    Been busy, but it's coming, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have to trade Bertans to get him motivated? Where was this the last 3-4 years. I never saw it.
    Well, You should see better, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has DAF86 bumped a Bertans thread yet?
    BTW, have you seen how most pages are listing him as SF now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a dumbass take this is. When has Pop ever benched a high pick?
    We have only had one... And that Pop was a WHOOOLE different guy than this Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, have you seen how most pages are listing him as SF now?
    your real position (since fiba teams) and how it should have been used in SA (as some of us have warned several times)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have only had one... And that Pop was a WHOOOLE different guy than this Pop
    Two. Duncan and Leonard. Pop could be a "WHOOLE different guy" when he had both. Amazing how that works huh?

Thread Information