Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/spurs-big-...draft-combine/

Jalen Williams in the top ten could very well be a reach but on paper he's almost exactly the type of player the Spurs pick: high character, high basketball IQ, not afraid to compete at the combine, overlooked in college, late bloomer, extreme wingspan, etc, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Mathurin or Jalen Williams at 9 confirmed. Goodbye Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if Murray falls to #9, there’s no question he should and will be the pick. The question is how likely that is to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jalen Williams in the top ten could very well be a reach but on paper he's almost exactly the type of player the Spurs pick: high character, high basketball IQ, not afraid to compete at the combine, overlooked in college, late bloomer, extreme wingspan, etc, etc.
    And slow. If we take him with the 9th pick I‘ma lose my mind. Still hope we trade up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

JWill isn’t slow what you probably saw is when he has the ball and he’s in control of his defender using his bag of hesis, pacing, and fakes. It’s the same way Lonnie stopped playing 100 mph because that’s not how NBA basketball is played… yet some of yall want that freak athlete with no style or substance or smarts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Mathurin or Jalen Williams at 9 confirmed. Goodbye Lonnie.
    Imo drafting a guard is more like Keldon will play only PF than Lonnie leaving.

Murray/Jones/Primo
    Rookie/Lonnie
    Vassell/Primo

You can play all of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some of yall would pass up on Cade if he was available.

if you guys want to do a real deep dive into JWill. Watch this 3 hour video:

at 13:40 he makes Chet fall

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some of yall would pass up on Cade if he was available.

if you guys want to do a real deep dive into JWill. Watch this 3 hour video:

This one is good also, i don't know if i'll take him at 9 but he is really interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What folks need to understand is that there is RARELY a player with the combination of freaky size and skill that JWill has. Being a playmaker AND also being able to make a STANDING dunk is special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

JWill isn’t slow what you probably saw is when he has the ball and he’s in control of his defender using his bag of hesis, pacing, and fakes. It’s the same way Lonnie stopped playing 100 mph because that’s not how NBA basketball is played… yet some of yall want that freak athlete with no style or substance or smarts.
    I like him, but not at 9. What I was talking about was lateral quickness on defense. Smaller players are able to get by him. Other than that his game is very polished and his length and wingspan are also very good. I'd want him on the team, just feel like we can do more with the 9th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What folks need to understand is that there is RARELY a player with the combination of freaky size and skill that JWill has. Being a playmaker AND also being able to make a STANDING dunk is special.
    Standing dunk is Mark Williams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs may go Branham here to get someone who can make buckets. It is the modern NBA way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Standing dunk is Mark Williams.
    well, yeah, any big should be able to make a standing dunk. Actually, it was a poor choice of words and I can’t find the right term right now. I’m saying Jalen’s standing vert allows him to dunk without running and lifting off. There aren’t many guards/ wings that can do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Provocative board. I love seeing AJ Griffin back at 31.

I can see Procida getting tagged at 20. The interest in TyTy really makes you think.

Our board hasn't paid much attention yet to Terquavion Smith or Dalen Terry but we should.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a new vid of Procida that is about 3 weeks old covers his offense and defense I would definitely look at him at 20 the dude is good you need to watch.

Smith has that dog mentality he is not scared to take that last shot and wants to get better and he won’t back down he is similar to Blake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should draft Dalen Terry just because he's not another goddamn Jalen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If the Spurs like Williams that much, they should absolutely be trading for another lottery pick. Use 20 and 25 and maybe Jakob if needed to secure another lottery pick so you arent taking Williams 9. Get your guy at 9 and reach a little for Williams with like 13.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Williams the new shiny new girl in class meaning is he all hype or is he the real deal? Not looked at much of his tape as he is just bursting on the scene would love to hear from people who have followed him in college.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Spurs picking Jalen Williams at 9 seems like a decent chance given what we know so far about their proclivities. But no matter who they pick at 9 I think they should try to package 20 and 25 to move up and get Sochan or Eason. If they don't move up from those picks, then maybe Procida at 25 (to stash) and Terquavian at 20 for scoring?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Provocative board. I love seeing AJ Griffin back at 31.

I can see Procida getting tagged at 20. The interest in TyTy really makes you think.

Our board hasn't paid much attention yet to Terquavion Smith or Dalen Terry but we should.
    TyTy would be an upgrade over Jones, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TyTy would be an upgrade over Jones, right?
    I guess? Maybe they think Tre is tapped out in potential. They were pretty close in production out of college -- see below -- with Jones being better. Of course that doesn't mean much without context. I guess they see having 4 draft picks as a chance of upgrading a bench position (at worst) and we could say goodbye to Jones.

https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...ton--tre-jones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Williams the new shiny new girl in class meaning is he all hype or is he the real deal? Not looked at much of his tape as he is just bursting on the scene would love to hear from people who have followed him in college.
    2-3 weeks ago, Sochan and Eason were ST darlings at #9, this week is for Williams. Still a long way to go but it has the merit of throwing different players out there and have somehow a better overall vision of what choice spurs could have in June... before they pick someone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were mocks who had Tre in the 20s. He seems to be a better playmaker, too. I would STRONGLY prefer that SA take a flyer on a PF in the 20s rather than shore up a position that doesn’t need it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while reading this, i found myself drifting farther away from the actual text about the potential picks and focusing on one constant-the presence of manu at the combines, and in such an intimate level. my hope is that manu's interest in the spurs has a much longer life span than duncan's because the future of the spurs hinges upon keeping alive that culture which resulted in five les. it's encouraging to see how deeply involved he is at this time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should absolutely consider using a first on a PG. They need depth, and Jones will be a free agent next year. Tre or DJM could get injured even. As I said before, I just want that PG to be a defensive player. And none of this switchable . They need someone who can actually guard the position. It's obviously a plus if they can also guard up. But being able to hide Murray and Johnson on defense going forward is a necessity if this team is going to beat anybody.

Thread Information