Page 78 of 115 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2866
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not in this draft, imho. Mavs only needed to give a second rounder to get Luka, tbh.
    They gave up a pick 2 spots later and another 1st rd pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes this draft that should be enough. the 26th is a low first rounder. 1st rd picks are traded for 2 all the time.
    If most of us want to get 14 and 26 for 11, what makes you think Boston would be so willing to give that up straight up? This draft has no surefire prospect, but has a lot of interesting middle to late first round prospects. Quan y > Quality on this draft. The more picks you get, the more likely you are to get at least one that sticks.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More times than not, there is a top five level player who has been passed on available at 11. Sure hope the Spurs identify it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If most of us want to get 14 and 26 for 11, what makes you think Boston would be so willing to give that up straight up? This draft has no surefire prospect, but has a lot of interesting middle to late first round prospects. Quan y > Quality on this draft. The more picks you get, the more likely you are to get at least one that sticks.
    Because 26th is not that high. While aldridge/DDR are not people that I want, you are saying they are worth less then the 26th pick. Since the 11th is more then the 14th. Look at past drafts these picks would be about what they have gone for. strong or weak draft.

If boston would give you the 26th pick for aldridge would you do that straight up? If you say no that is not enough for him then that shows you why they would do it. Moving up still has value. They also would be hard for them to keep al 3 players so they could get a better pick by giving up 2 and still have a pick left over. Hill got 2 picks 15th and 41st I believe and he is not the same player as any of these.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because 26th is not that high. While aldridge/DDR are not people that I want, you are saying they are worth less then the 26th pick. Since the 11th is more then the 14th. Look at past drafts these picks would be about what they have gone for. strong or weak draft.

If boston would give you the 26th pick for aldridge would you do that straight up? If you say no that is not enough for him then that shows you why they would do it. Moving up still has value. They also would be hard for them to keep al 3 players so they could get a better pick by giving up 2 and still have a pick left over. Hill got 2 picks 15th and 41st I believe and he is not the same player as any of these.
    The trade wouldn't be Aldridge for 26 straight up though. It would need to add a player. I would do Aldridge for 26 and Hayward in a second, tbh. Actually, I would do Aldridge for 26 and pretty much any Celtics player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The trade wouldn't be Aldridge for 26 straight up though. It would need to add a player. I would do Aldridge for 26 and Hayward in a second, tbh. Actually, I would do Aldridge for 26 and pretty much any Celtics player.
    Then your still doing an 11 for 14 and 26 and then the player for player trade. you can try and put it together but the 11th by itself would be enough to get 14 and 26. ONly player it could be would be haywood unless we are getting a bunch of players back.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i wonder who okc will draft with the #11 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then your still doing an 11 for 14 and 26 and then the player for player trade. you can try and put it together but the 11th by itself would be enough to get 14 and 26. ONly player it could be would be haywood unless we are getting a bunch of players back.
    Nope, because Aldridge and Hayward don't have the same value as players.

Aldridge to me has slightly more value than Hayward (or considerable more value, but I don't really care for any player right now).

And also to me, 14 and 26 have slightly more value than 11.

That's why Aldridge + 11 for Hayward +14 and 26 would be a somewhat reasonable starting point of conversation. Then you add or substract depending on negotiations.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i really like the idea of tradin down with boston but im not so sure bout hayward. Hes a fking glass, can break any time. Maybe he can be valuable but it depends on how much he will be willing to get paid (sign&trade bc hes a PO right now i guess?). Bc that kind of deal he has now (~35ml per yr) thats waaay too much. LMA>Hayward.

im more leaning toward a trade up with GSW, even if it means takin Wiggins but imo other teams can offer a better deal than the spurs.
    Last edited by spurspl; 09-09-2020 at 06:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wonder who okc will draft with the #11 pick.
    How would they get our pick?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would they get our pick?
    As part of the Chris Paul trade, duh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As part of the Chris Paul trade, duh.
    Oh, that. Hopefully not. He’d elevate us to the playoffs, but even surrounded by some young talent, couldn’t lead OKC past a flawed Rockets team. That team would plateau as a first round out, and you be stuck with CP3s next two years at $85M, with no way to improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is Milwaukee-bound. Bucks are absolutely going all-in next year after this embarrassing loss and Giannis still not outright demanding a trade, they need a PG/floor general to set up their many shooters since Giannis as a point-forward has been exposed as flawed, and they have the assets to make a trade with OKC interesting. It's a lose/lose situation for the Bucks, since they know they won't win next year whilst staying put, and won't trade Giannis for picks and a rebuild for obvious reasons, but if they trade for CP3 and still don't ring, they'll be in cap for some years while losing Giannis for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is Milwaukee-bound. Bucks are absolutely going all-in next year after this embarrassing loss and Giannis still not outright demanding a trade, they need a PG/floor general to set up their many shooters since Giannis as a point-forward has been exposed as flawed, and they have the assets to make a trade with OKC interesting. It's a lose/lose situation for the Bucks, since they know they won't win next year whilst staying put, and won't trade Giannis for picks and a rebuild for obvious reasons, but if they trade for CP3 and still don't ring, they'll be in cap for some years while losing Giannis for nothing.
    That would actually be a good fit as long as OKC takes on Bledsoe, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then the Bucks would need to add someone like Red and/or Bertans and they would be making a major improvement and maximizing their championship aspirations.

CP3, Red , Middleton, Giannis, López

Hill, Bertans, whoever

If they don't at least make the finals that way, then they really need to blow it up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the Bucks beat out the 76ers and whoever else for Paul. Not only the best fit but the only realistic chance at a championship, which should pave the way for Antetokounmpo to re-sign.

To the agenda driven media's chagrin, the league needs it and fans of small/non glamor markets should want to see it because if another superstar on an elite team leaves, what's the point of having teams in roughly 20 markets at that point? They'd basically be feeder systems.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    bucks are flat out STUPID for not trading for cp3. all last season i said that's what they should do.

getting worse after last year
    thinking you could win a chip with bledsoe and hill
    bucks
    atlanta hawks 2.0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to go all in cause they Probably going t loose G off they don’t win and then it will be another 20 to be contenders again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more playoff games I watch, the more convinced I am that size doesn't matter anymore in the NBA. For example, in yesterday's NBA you'd say a lineup of White, Murray, Walker, Johnson and random 6-foot-9 player is too small. Now? It's actually kinda big, tbh.

And if size doesn't matter, some of these combo guards suddenly look more draftable for the Spurs. Hmmm...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude don't say that word I hate it Combo Guard........Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more playoff games I watch, the more convinced I am that size doesn't matter anymore in the NBA. For example, in yesterday's NBA you'd say a lineup of White, Murray, Walker, Johnson and random 6-foot-9 player is too small. Now? It's actually kinda big, tbh.

And if size doesn't matter, some of these combo guards suddenly look more draftable for the Spurs. Hmmm...
    If you're referring to the Celtics, they're loaded with big wings, which is why they can get away with being small in the middle. The Spurs' best perimeter players are big for guards but small for wings.

The Raptors have replaced the Warriors as the luckiest team in the league and pulled another game out of their ass. They also have the rare small guards who aren't defensive liabilities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude don't say that word I hate it Combo Guard........Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo.
    The meltdown would be pretty funny if the Spurs pick a 6-foot-4 combo guard, tbh

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think we need a COMBO FORWARD, who can play a SF/PF and a C ))

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're referring to the Celtics, they're loaded with big wings, which is why they can get away with being small in the middle. The Spurs' best perimeter players are big for guards but small for wings.
    More so the Raptors, tbh. 5-foot-11 Lowry, 6-foot VanVleet, and 6-foot-1 Powell easily survived on defense. With the amount of help you provide now that every team has mastered zone tendencies and the the everlasting fact that small players are allowed to be more physical in the NBA, having midgets at 1, 2 and 3 is no longer a big deal. OKC had lineups where CP3 was basically at SF and 6-foot-2 Dort was at PF and they were fine.

Thread Information