Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adding Rozier would be stupid.

Moving DDR would have to be for some combination of two of Bridges, Washington, and a pick. (+Cody Zeller for matching)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least 2 spurs reporters are hinting an LMA buyout. I think it was Tom Petrini saying LMA would not come back after the break on Locked on Spurs. He is unhappy on the bench he said..

I like Khem Birch as a back up center if that happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least 2 spurs reporters are hinting an LMA buyout. I think it was Tom Petrini saying LMA would not come back after the break on Locked on Spurs. He is unhappy on the bench he said..

prayingdog.gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I was pretty sure that would be the case. The only way we get even a small asset is if someone doesn’t want to compete on the buyout market, and maybe throws us a second rounder. I knew he had to be unhappy. They basically shut him down. I think both the hip, and the stomach thing were ruses to avoid tagging him with DNP/ CDs. He only was activated to play when we were short handed due to COVID.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's my view as well...the earlier talk about Vuc (giving up way to much) to play behind Poeltl (as some suggested) is similar to this imo. Love is fine as a backup C and is similar to Vuc in some respects. Yes, he's way overpaid but an unprotected 1st would mitigate that...
    My thoughts exactly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes sense for both teams:

Murray/ Tre/ Q
    White/ Rozier
    Keldon/ KBD
    Washington/ Luka
    Poeltl/ LMA/ Eubanks

Add Mills in there and Lonnie if you can.

Edit: Gay too, if possible.
    You're trading Vassell in this scenario?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a rumor before of a Rozier and Bertans swap from another insider. Not the first time Rozier was linked to us.

He got the Wiseman trade months before national media is reporting it.
    He also said we would pick Vassell if we stay at 11 and he drops.
    He also kept mentioning some mega trade that never happened. H e also said the Clippers and the Spurs were talking about a Derozan trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why wouldn't we do a three way with Cleveland and Toronto. Hasn't Toronto talked of wanting Drummond. Plus, Cleveland has said they are going to hold on to Drummond til the last minute to try and get a pick. They want to get more than the 2nd rd pick they used to get him. So do this:

Cleveland - LMA/2023 1st Rd (Spurs) - Cavs buyout LMA and they have a 1st rd pick
    Toronto - Drummond/2021 2nd Rd (Spurs) - or send LW4 and keep pick
    Spurs - Lowery/2022 2nd Rd (Cavs) - reunites with DeRozen, quarterbacks the second unit

At the very least you try and get something for LMA. He's going to get bought out regardless so he can play with Dame in Portland.

Lowrey, Drummond, and LMA have contracts in the same ballpark and all expiring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why wouldn't we do a three way with Cleveland and Toronto. Hasn't Toronto talked of wanting Drummond. Plus, Cleveland has said they are going to hold on to Drummond til the last minute to try and get a pick. They want to get more than the 2nd rd pick they used to get him. So do this:

Cleveland - LMA/2023 1st Rd (Spurs) - Cavs buyout LMA and they have a 1st rd pick
    Toronto - Drummond/2021 2nd Rd (Spurs) - or send LW4 and keep pick
    Spurs - Lowery/2022 2nd Rd (Cavs) - reunites with DeRozen, quarterbacks the second unit

At the very least you try and get something for LMA. He's going to get bought out regardless so he can play with Dame in Portland.

Lowrey, Drummond, and LMA have contracts in the same ballpark and all expiring.
    Giving up a 1st rd pick to get Lowry, who turns 35 this month? I like Lowry, but a 35 year old PG is just not something the Spurs need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving up a 1st rd pick to get Lowry, who turns 35 this month? I like Lowry, but a 35 year old PG is just not something the Spurs need.
    That's very understandable. It's going to be very interesting how it all shakes out. But, LMA most likely isn't going to suit up in a Spurs jersey again.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Could you imagine if LMA get's bought out and signs with Brooklyn. They would have Durant, Irving, Harden, Griffin, D. Jordan, Green, Aldridge just to name a few.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could you imagine if LMA get's bought out and signs with Brooklyn. They would have Durant, Irving, Harden, Griffin, D. Jordan, Green, Aldridge just to name a few.
    i'd rather use his salary to make a move tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think it will be telling tomorrow if LMA plays imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nets are waiting up on Drummond. I could see LMA potentially going to the Lakers. Lakers are desperate right now for more size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Dejounte's activity on his social media that has me on edge. He's been very dramatic lately.
    He has...but he strikes me as an emotional guy...but at least he seems self contained and isn't out getting into actual problems...the occasional social media stuff I chalk it up to being something someone in his generation and upbringing does

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why rozier? His contract is poor. He is a below average defender and worse offensive player. Am I missing something here? Also, 3 guards plus mills plus Walker plus Trey.
    I don't want Rozier either, but that's because we already have enough guards...but to say he is a bad offensive player leads me to wonder if some of u watch basketball outside of the spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is rozier even a combo guard? he's pretty small. basically just a PG, but with Mills expiring, we definitely have room for him in the future. can play alongside either of murray/white.

washington aint bad and he's under contract cheap for another season.

the pieces are good fits, and while i'm not sure we get better this year, its a nice move looking forward to the near future with the caveat that it does limit our potentially activity in the summer (john collins dreams, etc)
    Rozier is definitely a combo guard...he is more of a SG than a pg, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a rumor before of a Rozier and Bertans swap from another insider. Not the first time Rozier was linked to us.

He got the Wiseman trade months before national media is reporting it.
    He also said we would pick Vassell if we stay at 11 and he drops.
    Uh oh. You said the W word.
    Nope, finding no post about a supposed Wiseman trade from NBASupes. Perhaps you had it confused with another guy. Let's not push this false narrative again because we all wish it was true.

Here is what he did say:

"GS is a major lean for Deni. They really have decided that's their guy."

Perhaps his draft info is hit and miss.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 03-10-2021 at 03:18 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, finding no post about a supposed Wiseman trade from NBASupes. Perhaps you had it confused with another guy. Let's not push this false narrative again because we all wish it was true.

Here is what he did say:

"GS is a major lean for Deni. They really have decided that's their guy."

Perhaps his draft info is hit and miss.
    He said watch out for GS and SA on draft day. If teams higher than us had the 11 pick they can trade for 2 etc.

Wiseman interest was said before that something about spurs did their homework on Wiseman.

Deni was probably a pick away from dropping to 11 maybe that is still true. He said Jalen Smith to PHX early on, something about reminding them of Kurt Thomas.

It is not that hard to piece together, sometimes the tea leaves is the only thing you get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said watch out for GS and SA on draft day. If teams higher than us had the 11 pick they can trade for 2 etc.

Wiseman interest was said before that something about spurs did their homework on Wiseman.

Deni was probably a pick away from dropping to 11 maybe that is still true. He said Jalen Smith to PHX early on, something about reminding them of Kurt Thomas.

It is not that hard to piece together, sometimes the tea leaves is the only thing you get.
    Is this the post you're referring to?

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431...omment-1032943

I mean, if the Spurs weren't doing their homework on every prospect, then there's something wrong. The Spurs also worked out Deni. There's other pieces like that in this but we tend to ignore those and jump straight to one idea because we prefer that one more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want Rozier either, but that's because we already have enough guards...but to say he is a bad offensive player leads me to wonder if some of u watch basketball outside of the spurs
    I meant, worst that DDR.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this the post you're referring to?

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/431...omment-1032943

I mean, if the Spurs weren't doing their homework on every prospect, then there's something wrong. The Spurs also worked out Deni. There's other pieces like that in this but we tend to ignore those and jump straight to one idea because we prefer that one more.
    No not that. Don't remember that one. Your the one still snooping their forum , why bring him up if you think he is just throwing stuff out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair to Pop, LMA has dropped off a cliff that I don’t think anyone saw coming this quickly. They gave him time to work it out, 21 games, and then, other than covering COVID shortages for 3 games, he hasn’t played at all.
    Muh touches while Kwa was leading us to a potential Chip in 2016-17?
    Denver playoff series, culminating in Game 7s quit and subsequent interview?

It's been obvious as where this guys heart is, or rather isn't. To the point, there was no reason to try to fit him in with the Young Core.
    Now we get in return for him......

Nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Muh touches while Kwa was leading us to a potential Chip in 2016-17?
    Denver playoff series, culminating in Game 7s quit and subsequent interview?

It's been obvious as where this guys heart is, or rather isn't. To the point, there was no reason to try to fit him in with the Young Core.
    Now we get in return for him......

Nothing.
    Exactly what we gave up for him. I’d rather he walk than take on a bad contract just to “ get something”. He has no value at this point.

I’ll never give you an argument about his heart, but he was a plus player up until the shutdown last year. Made 3 ASGs wearing S&B. I don’t even think his detractors would have predicted that his game would just drop off a cliff this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All theories aside, have there been any serious talks going on? Vuc or Rozier are the only ones even mentioned.

Thread Information