Page 333 of 491 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343383433 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,325 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok so I'm hearing a few things about the Kawhi Drama from 2 seasons ago:

Rumor is Uncle Dennis had told shoe companies prior to the trade that Kawhi will be in LA and thus turned down the extension with Jordan? And it would make perfect sense why Nate Robinson went on ESPN and said he heard "a bag" was coming. Apparently Dennis communicated with Magic and Pelinka to find a way to get Nephew to the Lakers, saying Spurs don't know what he got planned

Apparently Uncle Dennis requested a front office position from the Spurs (I know that's common knowledge among Spurs fans) for an entire year so they can RETAIN KAWHI and wanted to have a seperate area on team flights for himself and Nephew. The Spurs declined and it seems that they didn't do so in a nice, respectful manner. So maybe that's where the "disrespect" happened. Not towards Kawhi, but towards Uncle Dennis who's the one pulling the strings here anyway. Dennis tried to strong arm the Spurs and when they didn't give in, that caused the rift. By the way Kyrie's uncle is also looking for an FO position and Dennis and him are buddies

I'm also hearing Kawhi's camp didn't tell the Spurs he wanted to go to LA for an entire year and only told Pop at the meeting they had after the season.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok so I'm hearing a few things about the Kawhi Drama from 2 seasons ago:

Rumor is Uncle Dennis had told shoe companies prior to the trade that Kawhi will be in LA and thus turned down the extension with Jordan? And it would make perfect sense why Nate Robinson went on ESPN and said he heard "a bag" was coming. Apparently Dennis communicated with Magic and Pelinka to find a way to get Nephew to the Lakers, saying Spurs don't know what he got planned

Apparently Uncle Dennis requested a front office position from the Spurs (I know that's common knowledge among Spurs fans) for an entire year so they can RETAIN KAWHI and wanted to have a seperate area on team flights for himself and Nephew. The Spurs declined and it seems that they didn't do so in a nice, respectful manner. So maybe that's where the "disrespect" happened. Not towards Kawhi, but towards Uncle Dennis who's the one pulling the strings here anyway. Dennis tried to strong arm the Spurs and when they didn't give in, that caused the rift. By the way Kyrie's uncle is also looking for an FO position and Dennis and him are buddies

I'm also hearing Kawhi's camp didn't tell the Spurs he wanted to go to LA for an entire year and only told Pop at the meeting they had after the season.
    Thugs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just refreshing some peoples memories tbh. People here seem to forget what really happened now that they watch Kawhi in the finals. I still can't understand how any Spurs fan can root for this cancer. KD went on the court and tore his achilles for his team, this guy was in the locker room telling his teammates that he "doesn't feel like playing with them".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where is Kobe ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the end, team doctors are what they are, team employees. They have a dog in the fight. That's why Kawhi sought a third party doctor because what he felt didn't match with what the Spurs doctors were saying. Durant's reinjury just proved what we knew all along, that Kawhi wasn't healthy and needed to rest and heal. KD rushed back, didn't seek outside medical opinion and suc bed to peer/management pressure. Now he's paying for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the end, team doctors are what they are, team employees. They have a dog in the fight. That's why Kawhi sought a third party doctor because what he felt didn't match with what the Spurs doctors were saying. Durant's reinjury just proved what we knew all along, that Kawhi wasn't healthy and needed to rest and heal. KD rushed back, didn't seek outside medical opinion and suc bed to peer/management pressure. Now he's paying for it.
    That's exactly what didn't happen. Kawhi went to 8 doctors. The first 7 told him the same thing the Spurs told him. Then he went to the Sixers doctor who gave him the diagnosis he wanted. Y'all gotta stop listening to ESPN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who misses an entire season without a major injury? He never had one. No surgery required. No broken bones etc.. If you are blowing off 1 whole year, you better have a serious injury..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team doctors are not employees. They are consultants. They all have practices outside of the team seeing every normal patients.

No doctor is going to risk doing what the team wants because the team wants it. They still have a moral obligation to the patient and if the risk of malpractice is much higher dealing with professional athletes, esp like Kwahi, et al. That if they purposely sent them out knowing they were injured, it could end that doctor's career.

Nothing is exact science in medicine and at some point each person has to take personal responsibility for their actions. Case in point with KD. I'm sure he was warned about the risks of playing last night. But it was *his* decision to suit up and play.

IT made the same decisions while in Boston. From what I remember, he has FAI, a congenital condition that results in early osteoarthritis, only made worse by the heavy pounding of playing professionally. Also leads to labral tears. Only treatment I know of is an osteotomy which probably would have ended his career or set it back years. Nature altered the course of his career, not medicine, not the celtics.
    Last edited by lmbebo; 06-11-2019 at 01:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya gotta keep the talent happy - that's showbiz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max Kellerman just spun last year as Spurs tried to force Kawhi to play, and he didn't buckle to the pressure and said "trade me." That is wrong on soooo many levels.

Now, the Durant injury is being propped up as a cautionary tale while what Kawhi did last year is now through revisionist history a good thing.

Ugh.

I may have to give up the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max Kellerman just spun last year as Spurs tried to force Kawhi to play, and he didn't buckle to the pressure and said "trade me." That is wrong on soooo many levels.

Now, the Durant injury is being propped up as a cautionary tale while what Kawhi did last year is now through revisionist history a good thing.

Ugh.

I called it in the NBA forum last night after the game. I said that is exactly what they will start saying about Kawhis injury last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ugh.

People are just waiting for anything to be able to say something negative about the spurs. Even if it’s false information

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how the media can ignore years of Pop being annoyingly over cautious with his players to them forcing their star player to play. I see why Pop hates the media. The dead Spurs still can't rest in peace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty upsetting that Kellerman would go that route. Neither side is talking and the "beef" was squashed the day the Spurs pushed the Raptors in in San Antonio.

We all have our theories as to what the situation was but we don't know for sure. I'm a Spurs fan through and through so if the team ed up hopefully they learn a lesson from it. I like where our future is headed, too many pessimistic mofo's in here. Have a nice mix of vets and young guns at our disposal.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is gonna choke the finals away.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Friendly Reminder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the end, team doctors are what they are, team employees. They have a dog in the fight. That's why Kawhi sought a third party doctor because what he felt didn't match with what the Spurs doctors were saying. Durant's reinjury just proved what we knew all along, that Kawhi wasn't healthy and needed to rest and heal. ...
    Wrong. I mean, the logic is screwy.

If your wife's pregnancy test is positive, do you think it means you are going to have a baby?

You can't prove anybody's medical condition by looking at somebody else.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly what didn't happen. Kawhi went to 8 doctors. The first 7 told him the same thing the Spurs told him. Then he went to the Sixers doctor who gave him the diagnosis he wanted. Y'all gotta stop listening to ESPN
    This TBH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how the media can ignore years of Pop being annoyingly over cautious with his players ...
    The media? The media runs on a 24-hour cycle, or even shorter. They hardly know that "years" exist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max Kellerman is a boxing - UFC turd. If it's possible, he's a crappier version of skip bayless to throw out there with Screamin' A.

So many ignorant s bags are out there spewing lies or baseless opinions as fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone on twitter who has/had insight into spurs claiming something will be released on June 30th re: Quitter...

"...to believe this absolute bull that they didn’t have Kawhi’s best interests at heart when he was the guy they picked, developed & were building a whole team around.....The true motive behind their actions last season will be revealed on June 30 anyways...."

I really hope this is legit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting how KD was cleared to play when he clearly wasn't ready... What does this remind me of? Hmmm
    Of how Kawhi faked an injury and Spurs wanted to shut him down for the season and Kawhis group kept saying no he was coming back, and Durant actually has an injury?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That nick Nurse timeout when Kawhi was absolutely cooking and GS had no answer was one of the all-time worst coaching decisions of all time... Right up there with benching Duncan
    Now this I agree with 100%

Thread Information