Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid already wears protective knee pads and plays a style that will preserve his body for a long NBA Journey. I see good things for him.

A team like NY or LA might be willing to sign a huge contract for reliable young players. Hope we can afford him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid already wears protective knee pads and plays a style that will preserve his body for a long NBA Journey. I see good things for him.

A team like NY or LA might be willing to sign a huge contract for reliable young players. Hope we can afford him.
    The only player on this roster I’d pay before him is Keldon, and that’s because his payday comes up one year earlier. We can afford him.

KJ
    Devin
    White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He will be great for Austin"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He will be great for Austin"
    Nah. He’s not a late first rounder, was picked higher than Kawhi was, and outside of maybe a rehab stint or three, I don’t think Mute Cancer spent a day there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah have to rethink G League with lock down and restrictions I don’t know if Spurs want to let players go practice and then play some G League games and then come back to main team they may not want to risk possible exposure to COVID.

Though I would really like for him to play a few if possible cause I really want to see him being the offensive first option for a whole game just to see what he has. He needs to be told “Look 7 out of 10” we want you to either shoot from the outside or take it to the rim but your the man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah have to rethink G League with lock down and restrictions I don’t know if Spurs want to let players go practice and then play some G League games and then come back to main team they may not want to risk possible exposure to COVID.

Though I would really like for him to play a few if possible cause I really want to see him being the offensive first option for a whole game just to see what he has. He needs to be told “Look 7 out of 10” we want you to either shoot from the outside or take it to the rim but your the man.
    Taking it to the rim is not his game. He needs to be an ace shooter from mid range to the 3 point line.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are my thoughts, too. This is a pretty great hit rate, with these players still showing more potential (obvs. for Vassell). Dejounte Murray was a hit, too; I just don't think this is the team for him. Samanic looks like Livio or Milutinov.

I'll add Tre Jones, who I think people are sleeping on in a big way.
    I almost mentioned Milutinov, but think he just found more value staying over in Europe. And there was good reason to drafting him - being able to keep cap space to sign LMA as he wasn’t coming over. Though they could have traded the pick for a future first too. It’s not like they totally missed out on anyone else at that pick, though you could mention a Harrell or Josh Richardson.

Tre Jones ... yes on him too. He’s exactly what you want to grab in the second round. He’s on a great contract, and he’s either a cheap backup PG for three years (fourth year he’s a RFA), and if he blossoms you might be able to move him for a pick or in a broader package down the road.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^lol Milutinov was a throwaway pick. He even said the Spurs have never showed any serious interest in bringing him over.

But, yeah, the Spurs have NEVER EVER missed on a draft pick. *sniff sniff*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I almost mentioned Milutinov, but think he just found more value staying over in Europe. And there was good reason to drafting him - being able to keep cap space to sign LMA as he wasn’t coming over.
    Sorry, reading about drafting Milutinov makes blood vessels in my eyes burst. There was never a good reason to draft him unless the team really thought he was a good player. They paid Boban more than the pick's hold (and yes, the contract for Marjanovic was signed with cap space and not an exception). There were some very good big prospects in the draft the could've taken at 26. Had they gotten a decent one, that might've changed the complexion of the Leonard trade. I doubt it would've prevented the Gasol signing though, since none of those bigs were great as rookies.

There hasn't been a thing the team has ever done that peeves me more than that pick, and that includes not waiting until the off-season to move on from Carroll. It was just the dumbest use of an asset I've seen since I started closely following the team 10 years ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^lol Milutinov was a throwaway pick. He even said the Spurs have never showed any serious interest in bringing him over.

But, yeah, the Spurs have NEVER EVER missed on a draft pick. *sniff sniff*
    Of course the spurs have missed; they are still light years ahead of their colleagues!! Don’t take my word for it; let history guide you������

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Paul Garcia
    pAulGarciaNBA
    2m
    Vassell in 3 preseason games: 9 steals 2 blocks 7 personal fouls

Paul Garcia
    pAulGarciaNBA

41 preseason points so far for Vassell. 15 points from three 12 points in the paint 8 points from mid-range 6 points from the FT line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Paul Garcia
    pAulGarciaNBA
    2m
    Vassell in 3 preseason games: 9 steals 2 blocks 7 personal fouls

Paul Garcia
    pAulGarciaNBA

41 preseason points so far for Vassell. 15 points from three 12 points in the paint 8 points from mid-range 6 points from the FT line
    Low turnover rate really stands out, too. Solid player already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s looked real good. He plays at such a good pace, never seems to be in a hurry and his defense looks solid. Would like to see a future with him and Keldon starting together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a solid NBA player. Based on all the down beat draft hype, Spurs seem to gotten great value at 11. I just don’t hope people expect him to be a franchise changer. We still need a #1 option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay I will say it, Vassell has as much chance to get the ROY than anybody in this class, IF Pop would let him loose. Already he is guarding the best player in Harden. He has silky shots and not afraid to let them fly. He has the demeanor of a leader out there. I feel he can’t wait for Pop to call his number every time, and he’s not afraid to show it. Mamba mentality to guard the best player and just let it fly, at this very early stage, from his very first game. He will be a very special player. I think the fans would love for Pop to just let him loose.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let him live.....we haven’t seen anything yet!!! Pop knows he has some toys to play with.....patience please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My critiques for him are largely the same in game 3:

-Still looks soft when driving to the rim. Reminds me of DJ & Lonnie in that he avoids contact albeit he seems more accurate with his finishes than both
    -So say he'll never gain the strength to properly take the bumps down low-- if he can learn to slither around defenses and make acrobatic finishes, he'll be fine. Learning the Euro Step is a priority for young Devin.
    -Ball handling has ways to go. Couple times the defense closed out on him on the perimeter and he was stuck and didn't know what to do with the ball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has IT......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the 20 minutes he got last night is an indication of how much he'll play this year, i'll put him as top 3 candidate for Rookie of the Year. I hope Pop plays him man.
    Him and Johnson together is going to be fun to watch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I like about him and it’s probably one of the most important things to have to be a great baller is having mental toughness. You can tell that he knows he belongs and that it’s going to be up to Him on how great he can be not a coach and not another player. Every year since High School he has shown doubters wrong and gotten better and I am 100% sure next season he will be a much better player then he was this season.

We now have a good building block with Vassell and Keldon now after this season hopefully we can nab a top 5 lottery pick that will be a great fit with these two.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminds me of the quote around the time of the draft: "Devin Vassell has more career made 3s, assists, steals and blocks than turnovers. Not combined. He has more of each one of those than he has turnovers."
    Through the 3 pre-season games he has 41pts (including five 3-pointers made), 16reb, 6ast, 9stl, 1blk.... and only 1 turnover.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My critiques for him are largely the same in game 3:

-Still looks soft when driving to the rim. Reminds me of DJ & Lonnie in that he avoids contact albeit he seems more accurate with his finishes than both
    -So say he'll never gain the strength to properly take the bumps down low-- if he can learn to slither around defenses and make acrobatic finishes, he'll be fine. Learning the Euro Step is a priority for young Devin.
    -Ball handling has ways to go. Couple times the defense closed out on him on the perimeter and he was stuck and didn't know what to do with the ball.
    Those 2 weakness that you stated had me worried it seems finishing at the rim and handling is what Spurs is not good at developing. White, Murray and Lonnie did not seems to improve much on their handles and finishing at the rim remain very much a weakness of their game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's showing me that at worst he's going to be a good role player which is still a win for the Spurs.

Thread Information