Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We really couldn't part ways with Kevin Porter Jr. for a protected top 55 second round pick? I don't get it...

KPJ went for 50 today. A feat that none of the big 4 young have ever done (White, Murray, KJ, and White).

SA isn't exactly a top landing spot for free agents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither did 28 other teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JR Smith part 2. I know a host of posters who wanted him in the 2019 draft. Million dollar talent.

Plus he's one Southern California swingman would love to have on the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was also suspended and fined 50K recently, and missed 3 games in COVID protocols after visiting a strip club in Miami.

He had character red flags going into the draft, but Cleveland traded for the #30 pick, and selected him anyway. He was a top 10 talent, but Cleveland was so done, they basically GAVE HIM AWAY, accepting a top 55 protected pick from a team who’s second rounder will be in the low 30s.

No ing thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been up and down. But It could've been a pretty interesting speculative buy and perhaps led to a series of later trades. He's basically Lonnie Walker from a different universe in terms of what he does on the court and what he could ultimately contribute to a team.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a hot mess. Low chance it would have worked out here. Probably still should have considered it. But I suppose the team doesn’t need that drama right before preparing for a deep playoff run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a hot mess. Low chance it would have worked out here. Probably still should have considered it. But I suppose the team doesn’t need that drama right before preparing for a deep playoff run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I freaking called it on this guy, spurs need to take chances on guys like him imo... the Cavs have been a mess since lebron James left not surprising the kid got frustrated look at what Kevin love did during a game last week

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid is going to be in the mold of a JR Smith, JR Rider type of player. Unless you have championship team and great leadership presence then he will be useless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy had one good game, our young players already had many and they’re not as dumb as him. Forbes had 30 last night, you also want him back ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy had one good game, our young players already had many and they’re not as dumb as him. Forbes had 30 last night, you also want him back ?
    Wait... Forbes? So that's why Porter jr. had 50.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait... Forbes? So that's why Porter jr. had 50.
    Probably indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I freaking called it on this guy, spurs need to take chances on guys like him imo... the Cavs have been a mess since lebron James left not surprising the kid got frustrated look at what Kevin love did during a game last week
    Don’t blame it on the Cavs. Kid’s been trouble at every stop. It’s not them, it’s him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even if spurs get a no.1 pick, u think pop going to give him starters minutes to develop them fast? no...

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even if spurs get a no.1 pick, u think pop going to give him starters minutes to develop them fast? no...
    Our two prior #1 picks started immediately. I’m trying to remember their names...Robinson and Duncan, maybe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was an impressive performance, but I think you have to keep in mind it was a game where 280 points were scored and Porter played 41 minutes. I've actually been more impressed by his assist rates lately, which shows his BB smarts are probably further along than his life smarts at this point. He's had three games with double digit assists this month.

Side note: interesting that he got in trouble at a strip club in Miami. It's a matter of record that he's 20. But it being Florida, I'm sure they'll remain open, doing their thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's like JR Smith? The same JR Smith the Spurs tried to acquire for Brent Barry that fell through because they didn't get the trade call in time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6’4 SG/SF. Spurs barely play Lonnie, Vassell and you want another?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6’4 SG/SF. Spurs barely play Lonnie, Vassell and you want another?
    Yeah, but how many times have Lonnie or Vassell thrown food at their teammates & coaching staff, huh? This guy's special......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but how many times have Lonnie or Vassell thrown food at their teammates & coaching staff, huh? This guy's special......

I think Lonnie plays 41 minutes and let him the focal point of offense, he does the same. My point, why target another guard? Now if it’s a big, I’d be on a bandwagon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid is going to be in the mold of a JR Smith, JR Rider type of player. Unless you have championship team and great leadership presence then he will be useless.
    Smith and Rider for sure. I'd throw in Ricky Davis and Vernon Maxwell as other talented scorers that should've had more stable careers. Max had a couple of stints here during the DRob years. Gregg was an asst the first time and was the GM who signed him in '96. He took a flyer on him, and brought in Stephen Jackson twice. If he made Jax work, could it happen with Porter...why not, I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the JR Smith comparisons are a little too easy... Porter's already had 4 double digit assist games in his second year as an NBA player, with a high of 14. JR Smith never had a double digit assist game during his 16 year career. The behavioral issues might be similar, but Porter's much less of a one dimensional player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love all of the Monday morning quarterbacks we have in this place. Tell me an organization that's guessed right 100% of the time. The Spurs do more with less than any organization in sports.

Too bad we're not the Lakers where we can have a sh!tty front office yet everyone still clamors to play in that city.

Thread Information