Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well yeah if he doesnt develop, he wont reach his potential people are expecting. that goes without saying.

what i'm saying is if he plays at this level for his whole career and is a 20-6-6 guy with clutch shooting, then thats still a very good career typically worthy of a #3 overall pick.
    So he would be a KAT or Wiggings type player. If he never amounts to be more than that, then FkLA gets bragging rights, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he would be a KAT or Wiggings type player. If he never amounts to be more than that, then FkLA gets bragging rights, imho.
    yes if he doesn't progress an inch from this point going forward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes if he doesn't progress an inch from this point going forward
    Not saying that scenario is likely, I'm just saying that untill it doesn't happen FkLA doesn't need to give up on his take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doncic has on my luka de colo take. i've said it before, i didnt think he'd be anywhere near this effective, especially this early.

FkLA, you don't need to go down with the ship, tbh
    Tyreke Evans had a 20-5-5 rookie year. He didn't end up being the next big thing.

I honestly still don't see it with Donutcic. He doesn't suck obviously but he's being hyped up like he's this sure-fire future superstar and I haven't seen anything that suggests that yet. He doesn't have a go to, unstoppable move that he can revert to whenever his team needs a bucket. I don't think he can effortlessly get his shot off whenever he wants. Yeah yeah I know he's been clutch but long term I don't trust the way he's gotten those buckets--they still seem like low percentage shots to me. He's not an elite, relentless slasher either. Unathletic. Dallas won't make the playoffs this year but I think he'd struggle with playoff level defense, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban is such a tool he trademarked “the matador” and is gonna force Luka to be called that. The tiest nickname possible and of course Cuban loves it. I really wish he got Sterling’d.
    lol wtf that's a nickname you give to a guy from Spain or something not some dude from Slovenia

Cuban

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KAT is another mother er that has been "special" and "untouchable" for years and hasn't done . I've never seen it with him either especially with how worthless he is on defense. While we're at it, Jokic isn't that special either. That term is thrown around too loosely for players that are simply good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KAT is another mother er that has been "special" and "untouchable" for years and hasn't done . I've never seen it with him either especially with how worthless he is on defense. While we're at it, Jokic isn't that special either. That term is thrown around too loosely for players that are simply good.
    You're going too far now with Jokic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're going too far now with Jokic
    Overrated, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tyreke Evans had a 20-5-5 rookie year. He didn't end up being the next big thing.

I honestly still don't see it with Donutcic. He doesn't suck obviously but he's being hyped up like he's this sure-fire future superstar and I haven't seen anything that suggests that yet. He doesn't have a go to, unstoppable move that he can revert to whenever his team needs a bucket. I don't think he can effortlessly get his shot off whenever he wants. Yeah yeah I know he's been clutch but long term I don't trust the way he's gotten those buckets--they still seem like low percentage shots to me. He's not an elite, relentless slasher either. Unathletic. Dallas won't make the playoffs this year but I think he'd struggle with playoff level defense, tbh.
    i see what you're saying, but the way i see it, his footwork and defensive breakdown recognition is miles above anyone except the harden types, and if that is the case, he'll never have trouble getting his shot off, especially with a release as quick and clean as he has. His step back 3, is the definition of a go to play and it has been automatic. In the future, he'll get a ton more points off the pick and roll and at the ft line.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    FkLA will have bragging rights for eternity like he had with the Boris > Lee thread.
    You must be joking.

8.6/4.4/3.5/.524 efg/106 ortg/107 drtg/12.9 PER/.086 ws48/0.7 bpm/19.5 vorp + 0 all star games + 0 all NBA teams + 1 NBA championship

>

13.5/8.8/2.2/.536 efg/114 ortg/106 drtg/19.1 PER/.150 ws48/1.6 bpm/22.3 vorp + 2 all star games + 1 all NBA team + 1 NBA championship

and you idiots think you know basketball?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overrated, tbh.
    Jokic is a top 15 player now IMO

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It seems you are the only one not seeing how good he is. I doubted this pick myself, and was pissed they gave up Trae and next year's pick for him on draft day. And clearly i was wrong.

Mavs were 12-25 at this point last year. 18-19 this year with a sterling home record. I hope you don't honestly think DeAndre Jordan is the reason for this marked improvement? A guy who cant create his own shot or space the floor in this day and age of high octane offense. So Doncic is not putting up empty-calorie stats like Evans or any other example you pull from.

He gets off his own shot whenever he needs to do with a deadly step back move.

And he does not fear the moment. Late in the 4th he wants the ball and even demands it at times. Those players don't wilt under playoff pressure defense.

He does have that baby, rookie fat and if he sheds it, as expected, I think he is a 25-6-6 player. Not too many of those in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s be honest FKLA is already wrong. His OP literally said Luka sucks. Not that he isn’t a star or won’t be a star. That has just been the goalpost move tbh. Think about comparing someone you called trash to KAT and considering that a win . If Luka was a Spur FKLA would be shouting from the rooftops how he will be a superstar soon.

OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Donutcic tbh. I take him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My boy Luka is currently second in the west frontcourt votes for all star game, right after LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol wtf that's a nickname you give to a guy from Spain or something not some dude from Slovenia

Cuban
    IDGAF, bring on the UN PC, they want their head anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My boy Luka is currently second in the west frontcourt votes for all star game, right after LeBron.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Somehow you've managed to out-do your own Donthicc take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Donutcic tbh. I take him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs should fire Carlisle

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smith Jr running the point makes no sense. I know him and Luka are sharing the PG responsibilities, but they should not do it. Smith should learn to shoot or get traded. Those 2 will never play great together.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Jeremy

Suck it.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0 blocks?... scrub!

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Congrats, Doncic is now 1-2 against Ayton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0 blocks?... scrub!
    Pop would have send him to g-league.

Thread Information