Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Tells you all you need to know about the level of compe ion in the Copa America.

Like going off against Bolivia and Ecuador in an empty stadium is some sort of accomplishment
    That and Messi is the equivalent of Allen Iverson always needing the ball.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    You’re such an idiot holy

It was over a long time ago when Ronaldo won a le with Juve...

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    It was over a long time ago when Ronaldo won a le with Juve...
    yeah the Juve that won serie A 9 times in a row when he joined.

yeah the Juve that won serie A 9 times in a row when he joined.
    Ronaldo
    - Champion in England
    - Champion in Spain
    - Champion in Italy
    - Lead Portugal to international Glory

Messi won a copa America that is held every 2 weeks and his most dominant years came with Xavi and iniesta.

Barca has been irrelevant since those guys left.

Winning against Gibraltar don’t count if you can’t prove you can win in any other way

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Ronaldo
    - Champion in England
    - Champion in Spain
    - Champion in Italy
    - Lead Portugal to international Glory

Messi won a copa America that is held every 2 weeks and his most dominant years came with Xavi and iniesta.

Barca has been irrelevant since those guys left.

Winning against Gibraltar don’t count if you can’t prove you can win in any other way

Ronaldo:

Took Juve to their lowest point in a decade and lowest trophy count

Man united won the league and went to a CL final after he left

Real Madrid won the league after he Left

Ronaldo gets knocked out by midtable teams like Porto and Lyon.

It’s great that all he can do is penalties and absolutely nothing else. Didn’t even make it to the euro starting Xi because he’s been exposed for the glorified poacher that he is. Good thing Eder carried Portugal in the final.

Ronaldo can continue being a flat track bully against faroe islands though. He’s past it and hurts teams more than he helps.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    That's one of the dumbest analogies ever son.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    There's been 4 editions of the Copa America in the past 6 years alone At some point even a choker like midget was bound to win one

Lionel Harden gets no props for winning a mickey mouse bubble ring held almost yearly, with only 2 legit contenders and played in empty stadiums
    Last edited by Bynumite; 07-15-2021 at 06:59 PM.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Ronaldo:

Took Juve to their lowest point in a decade and lowest trophy count

Man united won the league and went to a CL final after he left

Real Madrid won the league after he Left

Ronaldo gets knocked out by midtable teams like Porto and Lyon.

It’s great that all he can do is penalties and absolutely nothing else. Didn’t even make it to the euro starting Xi because he’s been exposed for the glorified poacher that he is. Good thing Eder carried Portugal in the final.

Ronaldo can continue being a flat track bully against faroe islands though. He’s past it and hurts teams more than he helps.
    Serie A golden boot at the age of 36 with 29 goals is finished

You've been saying Ronaldo is finished for the past 10 years or so, i mean, at some point you can claim to be right since every player inevitably retires.

As it stands, that's the worst take in the history of online sports message boards and you should just quit talking sports altogether tbh, because you don't know about

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Serie A golden boot at the age of 36 with 29 goals is finished

You've been saying Ronaldo is finished for the past 10 years or so, i mean, at some point you can claim to be right since every player inevitably retires.

As it stands, that's the worst take in the history of online sports message boards and you should just quit talking sports altogether tbh, because you don't know about

You know who also led serie a in scoring? A 36
    Year old Quagliarella. So please shut the up about the Mickey Mouse league that is serie a. It’s a retirement home. Even ibra has a field day there.

Ronaldo was done once he no longer had Modric and Ramos. He’s a glorified poacher, period. A slightly better Ibra at this stage of his career. The guy can’t even get into a euro starting XI anymore since he’s just a penalty merchant now. It’s all good, he’s had a good career but teams aren’t going to care to sign him since he unsettles them. Juve made a massive mistake with him.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    You know who also led serie a in scoring? A 36
    Year old Quagliarella. So please shut the up about the Mickey Mouse league that is serie a. It’s a retirement home. Even ibra has a field day there.

Ronaldo was done once he no longer had Modric and Ramos. He’s a glorified poacher, period. A slightly better Ibra at this stage of his career. The guy can’t even get into a euro starting XI anymore since he’s just a penalty merchant now. It’s all good, he’s had a good career but teams aren’t going to care to sign him since he unsettles them. Juve made a massive mistake with him.
    Point still stands. A so called finished player doesn't score 29 goals in a top tier domestic league, 41 overall in every compe ion this season at the age of 36. Just own up to your take and eat you sandwich. Your takes are trash.

and you can say the same about Lionel Harden, he's worth nowhere near his €500 million contract but i wouldn't expect anything less from a bankrupt club like Barca. Incompetence from top to bottom. Starting with the management and ending with the players themselves.

and La Liga is living off of past reputation at this point, they're not really any better than the Serie A nowadays.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Point still stands. A so called finished player doesn't score 29 goals in a top tier domestic league, 41 overall in every compe ion this season at the age of 36. Just own up to your take and eat you sandwich. Your takes are trash.

and you can say the same about Lionel Harden, he's worth nowhere near his €500 million contract but i wouldn't expect anything less from a bankrupt club like Barca. Incompetence from top to bottom. Starting with the management and ending with the players themselves.

and La Liga is living off of past reputation at this point, they're not really any better than the Serie A nowadays.

Barcelona absolutely has horrible management, much like Juventus. Both players have been screwed by piss poor management in recent years. The difference is, one is getting his record breaking 7th ballon d’or while the other is (understandably) declining at his age. And honestly, for 36, Ronaldo is good for his age, but after this Juventus debacle I don’t think any team with genuine CL aspirations will take a 1-2 year flyer on him which is kind of a shame because he can genuinely be a solid contributor to a CL le winning team if he has the right midfield behind him

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Bump

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    It was a good run, sons.

RIP

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I said hee a few years ago I would have Messi as my avatar if he wins the WC, being so sure of myself

I’m a man of my word

I’ll make the change some time this weel

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I think it's fair to say today was harder on Ronaldo than on Mbappé

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    I said hee a few years ago I would have Messi as my avatar if he wins the WC, being so sure of myself

I’m a man of my word

I’ll make the change some time this weel
    Cheers

The debate is officially closed

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Bynumite

It’s been a pleasure

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    How was this ever a debate?

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    How was this ever a debate?
    You’d have to be a moron to ever think Ronaldo was better. The playmaking alone puts Messi well ahead. Ronaldo is toxic as . Can’t think of another athlete who cratered as badly as Ronaldo has.

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    You’d have to be a moron to ever think Ronaldo was better. The playmaking alone puts Messi well ahead. Ronaldo is toxic as . Can’t think of another athlete who cratered as badly as Ronaldo has.
    Agree, I think Gerd Muller was better tan CR, Imagine Lio.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    The only reason there was ever a debate was that Messi was often even better at Ronaldo's best trait (scoring) than Ronaldo was, so a good chunk of people who couldn't go beyond basic arithmetic that used scoring records as a proxy for best player. If that was the end all be all definite measure of greatness, then Maradona, Cruyff or Zidane could never have been in the best ever debate, which is silly even for the stupidest of fans.
    The fact of the matter is, that is just one trait, but it's necessary to look at the overall impact on the rest of the team, assists and the chances they helped generate beyond assists, impact on winning, etc. As a goalscorer they are close, but in any other area Messi was always so far above Ronaldo for anyone with half a brain that it's stupid to put the two in the same sentence.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Ronaldo took more risks in his career and even changed positions. Messi is aging better because he's just a MF and he played it safe in his career - Barcelona and now PSG. He'll never step foot in the EPL.

Ronaldo is the alpha leader. Messi is the nice guy teammate. I'll take Cristiano in a 1-match finale but Messi over the course of a long season.

How many times did Messi's team blow a 3+ goal margin? The 2-8 beat down by Bayern? Those remain In a career portfolio...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Penaldo was never in this discussion, tbh. Props for being a hard worker though.

Realistically he’s not even better than Brazil’s Ronaldo or Zidane, tbh

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Ronaldo took more risks in his career and even changed positions. Messi is aging better because he's just a MF and he played it safe in his career - Barcelona and now PSG. He'll never step foot in the EPL.

Ronaldo is the alpha leader. Messi is the nice guy teammate. I'll take Cristiano in a 1-match finale but Messi over the course of a long season.

How many times did Messi's team blow a 3+ goal margin? The 2-8 beat down by Bayern? Those remain In a career portfolio...
    Ronaldo took more risks how? By joining the best European team at the time in Manchester United? By bolting for the most powerful team on Earth Real Madrid, to play alongside Modric, Benzema, Sergio Ramos, Toni Kroos, Varane, Casemiro and the like? By bolting for the most powerful team (Juventus) in a lesser league when declining? That is the most overplayed BS in the history of mankind. Messi had a stellar cast around him until around 2015, then it began fading, whereas Real Madrid kept growing stronger. Ronaldo is the alpha leader in that he puts himself above the team, when he's good enough he's worth it, when not he's a cancer. If he's surrounded by Modric, Kroos, Benzema, and Di María he can pass off for Messi's equal because he'll make sure they work their asses off for him while he reaps the rewards, in any other scenario it's Messi by a landslide.

Thread Information