Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2513
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We still need more 3 point shooting. For that reason, I think Young needs to be moved. The problem is finding a suitable trade. Is it Young on his own or a package deal with a combo of Young/Murray/Samanic/picks to get a better player?

We will be the only team without a potential all star player if the roster stays as is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We signed McDermott forbes. Have vassel. White can shoot. We look better 3 point shooting wise. Seems reasonably enough unless we want golden state offense. I guess that's also why we didn't take Lauri anymore.

Trading young for picks seems to add most value unless young for a star player is available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We signed McDermott forbes. Have vassel. White can shoot. We look better 3 point shooting wise. Seems reasonably enough unless we want golden state offense. I guess that's also why we didn't take Lauri anymore.

Trading young for picks seems to add most value unless young for a star player is available.
    need more proof that Vassell can actually be an NBA sharpshooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad Young to the Suns makes the most sense to me. Saric and Jalen Smith for Thad. We get a first rounder but it's one that is already picked.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Forbes and McDermott combine for less 3’s than Mills and Gay. Also White is an average 3 point shooter at best. But if we don’t flip anyone then the clear objective is to tank. Which, to me, is unfortunate since it will take them years to be anything special again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes and McDermott combine for less 3’s than Mills and Gay. Also White is an average 3 point shooter at best. But if we don’t flip anyone then the clear objective is to tank. Which, to me, is unfortunate since it will take them years to be anything special again.
    If they don’t take, it will take them decades to be anything special again

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs already not getting lauri due to price. seems in line with what everyone here is thinking. dont think they will change their mind unless he lowers his price.
    This was interesting to find that apparently the Spurs were interested in including him in the DeRozan trade but LMs asking price was too high. I don't see him as the type to take a chance on accepting the QO so it will be interesting to see what he finally gets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far the only officially reported moves are the trade to absorb Hutchinson and the McDermott deal. Wonder what's taking so long with everything else...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad should def not start next to poodle. Pretty sure spurs hold to him for now though but id like for them to move him asap
    When the trade broke, I initially had Young as a starter, but after some time to digest, I don't see it . . .

1) White would be the only starter so much as average from 3.
    2) The starters have Johnson to tussle with big wings, the bench would be bereft (presuming Aminu is waived).
    3) By starting McDermott instead, they'd naturally limit the minutes him and Forbes play simultaneously.
    4) Though Eubanks is probably the favorite to be the second unit five, at least they have three players who range from average to great from 3, plus it's easier to dictate matchups off the bench.

Suns, Celtics, Nets, Jazz and Pacers should all be interested in Young
    Nets: Tax bill is already astronomical and with the Dinwiddie sign and trade complete, they lack the expendable matching salary anyway.

Celtics: Also lack expendable matching salary and are clearly unwilling to pay the tax.

Pacers: Also unwilling to pay the tax and it doesn't make sense to attach a 1st to Lamb for a non contender.

Suns: Due to looming tax issues in '22-'23 and win now mode, I could see them being interested in dumping Saric and a top 20 protected 1st for him, even though he's not the greatest fit next to their fives.

Jazz: They signed Gay, who's decent shooting is a much better fit next to their fives.
    Last edited by TD 21; 08-09-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lillard wants to win now so I'm hoping that the Zollins deal turns into a S&T. An asset or two for a TE that Portland can use later to improve their team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McDermott excelled cutting and receiving near the basket or getting the three off the dho when Sabonis had the ball. Need a skilled passing big who is a threat to score to pull that off.

Young is the only one who comes close. They should be paired together.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McDermott excelled cutting and receiving near the basket or getting the three off the dho when Sabonis had the ball. Need a skilled passing big who is a threat to score to pull that off.

I haven't watched McBuckets before, but this description and his stats make Belinelli a strong comparison imo. I don't think that's a good thing; the pendulum appears to have swung all the way back to when Beli and Forbes were both getting decent minutes. Certainly not for McBuckets's price tag.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crown Jewels: Will the Kings move on from Marvin Bagley III?

By Jas Kang@jaskang21 Jun 29, 2021, 6:35pm PDT

The Sacramento Kings and Marvin Bagley III have had a tumultuous relationship since the Duke product was selected No. 2 in the 2018 NBA Draft.

Former general manager Vlade Divac and co. decided Bagley was going to be the ideal fit alongside De’Aaron Fox to give the franchise two foundational pieces for the long-term. Divac passed up on soon-to-be MVP candidates Luka Dončić and Trae Young to land Bagley, a decision that will haunt the franchise for years to come.

Bagley hasn’t exactly been fond of his time in Sacramento. He recently liked a tweet suggesting the Kings should trade him, and his father got into it with Fox’s dad earlier in the season.

The 22-year-old has missed 108 games over his first three seasons. Bagley’s career numbers are well above average at 14.5 points, and 7.3 rebounds per game, but those are below expectations for a player selected second overall.

McNair could look to move Bagley this offseason, but Jason Jones of The Athletic says the return for the power forward would be underwhelming at this point.

The problem is Bagley’s value around the league isn’t such where teams are looking to give up a lot to get him. It’s no secret Bagley was available at the trade deadline, but the Kings never received the kind of offer that made a deal worthwhile. One league executive told me a couple of second-round picks is about all they could see parting with to add Bagley.

Bagley has struggled with consistency issues at both ends of the floor. He has shown flashes of his potential as a scorer but hasn’t used his athleticism to be a difference-maker on the glass and defensive end.

He averages fewer rebounds than Dončić, and his 116.5 defensive rating was the third-worst of any Kings player who appeared in more than 30 games.

McNair has harped on maintaining financial flexibility moving forward, which could be another reason to move on from Bagley. He’s due to make more than $11 million next season and will be up for a new contract following the 2021-22 campaign.

The Kings have to decide if Bagley is worth the drama. He hasn’t bought into the system and has been unhappy with his role under head coach Luke Walton. Bagley removed any mention of playing for Sacramento on his social media bios and seems to be checked out.

But if the McNair decides to sell low on Bagley this offseason, it could come back to bite the franchise. Bagley has never averaged more than 26 minutes per game over his three seasons, but his per 36 minutes numbers are eye-opening.

Bagley’s per 36 minutes for his career comes in at 20.5 points and 10.6 rebounds, per Basketball-Reference. So McNair and Walton have to decide if the lack of opportunity is hurting Bagley’s performance.

However, the eye test hasn’t been kind to Bagley. He often looks disengaged at the defensive end and is a below-average rim protector for a player with his athletic prowess.

It will be fascinating to see how McNair handles the Bagley situation this offseason. The Kings could package him with the No. 9 pick to acquire some immediate help or look to keep him in the hopes he has a breakout season.

https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2021/...this-offseason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched McBuckets before, but this description and his stats make Belinelli a strong comparison imo. I don't think that's a good thing; the pendulum appears to have swung all the way back to when Beli and Forbes were both getting decent minutes. Certainly not for McBuckets's price tag.
    I don't know that I'd compare the two. Belli is three inches shorter. McDermott is a better overall athlete, I'd say, but not as crafty as Belinelli.

But I think they're both smart offensive players. From what I've seen of McDermott he's pretty fearless, offensively, so that's another positive comparison. This team will need his shooting.

I'm sure we signed Brynn Fvck! Forbes to add some shooting as well, but with Forbes you get zero other intangibles. At least McDermott is tall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crown Jewels: Will the Kings move on from Marvin Bagley III?

By Jas Kang@jaskang21 Jun 29, 2021, 6:35pm PDT

The Sacramento Kings and Marvin Bagley III have had a tumultuous relationship since the Duke product was selected No. 2 in the 2018 NBA Draft.

Former general manager Vlade Divac and co. decided Bagley was going to be the ideal fit alongside De’Aaron Fox to give the franchise two foundational pieces for the long-term. Divac passed up on soon-to-be MVP candidates Luka Dončić and Trae Young to land Bagley, a decision that will haunt the franchise for years to come.

Bagley hasn’t exactly been fond of his time in Sacramento. He recently liked a tweet suggesting the Kings should trade him, and his father got into it with Fox’s dad earlier in the season.

The 22-year-old has missed 108 games over his first three seasons. Bagley’s career numbers are well above average at 14.5 points, and 7.3 rebounds per game, but those are below expectations for a player selected second overall.

McNair could look to move Bagley this offseason, but Jason Jones of The Athletic says the return for the power forward would be underwhelming at this point.

The problem is Bagley’s value around the league isn’t such where teams are looking to give up a lot to get him. It’s no secret Bagley was available at the trade deadline, but the Kings never received the kind of offer that made a deal worthwhile. One league executive told me a couple of second-round picks is about all they could see parting with to add Bagley.

Bagley has struggled with consistency issues at both ends of the floor. He has shown flashes of his potential as a scorer but hasn’t used his athleticism to be a difference-maker on the glass and defensive end.

He averages fewer rebounds than Dončić, and his 116.5 defensive rating was the third-worst of any Kings player who appeared in more than 30 games.

McNair has harped on maintaining financial flexibility moving forward, which could be another reason to move on from Bagley. He’s due to make more than $11 million next season and will be up for a new contract following the 2021-22 campaign.

The Kings have to decide if Bagley is worth the drama. He hasn’t bought into the system and has been unhappy with his role under head coach Luke Walton. Bagley removed any mention of playing for Sacramento on his social media bios and seems to be checked out.

But if the McNair decides to sell low on Bagley this offseason, it could come back to bite the franchise. Bagley has never averaged more than 26 minutes per game over his three seasons, but his per 36 minutes numbers are eye-opening.

Bagley’s per 36 minutes for his career comes in at 20.5 points and 10.6 rebounds, per Basketball-Reference. So McNair and Walton have to decide if the lack of opportunity is hurting Bagley’s performance.

However, the eye test hasn’t been kind to Bagley. He often looks disengaged at the defensive end and is a below-average rim protector for a player with his athletic prowess.

It will be fascinating to see how McNair handles the Bagley situation this offseason. The Kings could package him with the No. 9 pick to acquire some immediate help or look to keep him in the hopes he has a breakout season.

https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2021/...this-offseason
    Bagley will be playing in China before he's 26 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bobby Marks
    BobbyMarks42
    12m
    Before the signing, New York had: 14 guaranteed contracts 1 non guaranteed 1 Two Way

Tim Bontemps
    TIMBontemps

The Knicks have agreed to a deal with free agent guard Dwayne Bacon, sources tell ESPN. Bacon averaged 10.9 points per game while playing all 72 games last season with the Orlando Magic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Michael Scotto
    MikeAScotto
    now
    Boban Marjanovic’s contract with the Dallas Mavericks is a two-year, $7 million deal, league sources told @hoopshype.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just throwing ideas on the wall...

Jock
    Young
    McDermott
    White
    DJM

I could see that 5-man lineup potentially being one of our better units, for what it's worth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The longer we go without hearing anything the better the odds are there are more trades.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just throwing ideas on the wall...

Jock
    Young
    McDermott
    White
    DJM

I could see that 5-man lineup potentially being one of our better units, for what it's worth.
    If that's one of our better lineups Pop will have a hard time getting his 26 wins imo.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that's one of our better lineups Pop will have a hard time getting his 26 wins imo.
    34 wins, easy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The longer we go without hearing anything the better the odds are there are more trades.
    Exactly.

Just FYI my Dude, I haven't forgotten about your post, but I think it's clear at this point that we gotta wait until the dust fully settles to properly gauge the off-season and trades that went down. I certainly wasn't expecting so much activity, with maybe even more to come. Crossing my fingers that we can get some extra assets for Thad or making the Zollins a S&T...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Michael Scotto
    MikeAScotto
    now
    Boban Marjanovic’s contract with the Dallas Mavericks is a two-year, $7 million deal, league sources told @hoopshype.
    That's a bargain given how useful Boban was in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania

Free agent guard Elfrid Payton has agreed to a one-year deal with the Phoenix Suns, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.
    7:39pm · 9 Aug 2021 · Twitter for iPhone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania

Free agent guard Elfrid Payton has agreed to a one-year deal with the Phoenix Suns, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.
    7:39pm · 9 Aug 2021 · Twitter for iPhone

Thread Information