San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Package Luka, Lonnie, and Aminu for Siakam to clear up the logjams

Murray/ Tre
    White/ Vassell/ Forbes/ Primo
    Keldon/ McDermott/ KBD/ Wieskamp
    Siakam/ Young/
    Poeltl/ Landale/ Eubanks/ Collins

Primo’s agent is the same as Siakam, just saying…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can never ruin a tank. You can only delay it.
    Multi-year semi-tanks are always... fun, I guess?
    I'm predicting years of frustration for you, watching what this team does.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd think our best offer for Simmons would be something like DJ, LW, Thad, Poeltl, our 22 1st and the Chicago 1st... not necessarily all going to Philly...some could go elsewhere to bring in other assets that fit them better..
    I agree. Obviously we’d need to hear whether Simmons would be OK being in SA, but that’s along the lines of my upper limit too.

This would be a zesty team, if Collins is able to suit up by Dec as planned:

White/Tre
    Vassel/Forbes
    Keldon/Primo
    Simmons/Luka
    Collins/Aussie kid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. Obviously we’d need to hear whether Simmons would be OK being in SA, but that’s along the lines of my upper limit too.

This would be a zesty team, if Collins is able to suit up by Dec as planned:

White/Tre
    Vassel/Forbes
    Keldon/Primo
    Simmons/Luka
    Collins/Aussie kid
    Agreed - that team easily lands them a top 5 pick next draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Multi-year semi-tanks are always... fun, I guess?
    I'm predicting years of frustration for you, watching what this team does.
    Um... You're the one who doesn't want the team to do what they're doing. I don't want them to tank, so them "ruining" the tank by trying to win doesn't bother me.

Of course, real tanks last way more than a year, so I don't get why years of watching them fight for the play-in is worse than years of watching them lose 50 games.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray/ Tre
    Siakam/ Young/

you'd have to think if they drafted primo they envision one of murray or white not being there... i mean he's a lottery pick... i'd imagine they'd offer something like a choice between murray or white, luka or lonnie, and maybe aminu or thad.. i don't know the numbers or anything but they way the team is constructed you think they are gonna be cashing in so to speak with the wealth and promise of their youth... we need a star to build around... at least one. demar and lma weren't real stars... they were elite role players... kawhi was star... the big three were all stars... etc

i'd take simmons or siakam.. just to get a start going... siakam though seems like a great piece to build around and knowing masai he gonna want picks and players.. and we do have something to offer now... i guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray/ Tre
    Siakam/ Young/

That is the player and the package to go after. Raptors can flip Lonnie at trade deadline if they don't want to extend him. Develop Samanic for the bench behind Barnes and OG, could play some 3 for them too. Aminu would be a buyout candidate later in the year. Possibly throw in a draft pick or two to sweeten it. Getting Siakam off their books is going to help the Raptors extend Boucher as well.

Getting Siakam allows the Spurs to bring Thad off the bench to be that DIAW role, and it gives Collins time to completely heal. Thad is a great passer and smart player. He's a great bench asset for getting everyone involved and can score at all 3 levels. If Collins is healthy and consistently plays the second half of the season, then you can flip Thad for more assets for the future. Collins price is cheaper than a Samanic extension and he could compete for minutes to eventually replace Poeltl in the future.

If the Spurs got Siakam, that is a top 6 seed, playoff team - minimum! They would be faster, younger, would pass the ball more. Looking for good to great shot making again, quit iso ball!!! Better 3pt shooting, better spacing in the SL and the bench to operate, can go 10+ deep (and for the love of God play Forbes sparingly or none at all!!)

Siakam should be a real consideration!

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m curious to see how Brian Wright manages our assets moving forward. I see lots of comments suggesting flipping this or that player, and while I agree with the idea, I still can’t predict if the FO has that in them. Yes, they had a really active off-season so it’s obviously possible, but I still can’t tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Package pop for Simmons now !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons, dude couldn’t be motivated in Philly who were close to le contenders. Why do people keep linking him to SA, a small market lottery team. He would bail even faster than Marcus Morris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think eventually Morey's going to have to take pieces for Simmons and then hope to turn those pieces into a star later. I don't think Washington or Portland wants Simmons, so he's basically going to have to do a three-team deal anyway. Keeping Simmons becomes less and less of an option the longer they don't just commit to having him stay. So at this point, they should look for role-playing pieces around Embiid and future assets as they try to make the best of this year.

I think they should hold the line at Murray, Walker, Young, Poeltl, 2022 unprotected and 2024 moderately protected. Or Murray, Primo/Vassell, Aminu, Poeltl and 2022 lightly protected and 2024 moderately protectedd. Something like that. It's still a lot of value, but it gives the Spurs ammo to make another move and keeps a viable roster together.
    pure madness. Simmons is way overrated here to draw that kind of haul. I'd barely do a straight up Murray for Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pure madness. Simmons is way overrated here to draw that kind of haul. I'd barely do a straight up Murray for Simmons.
    As weird as it is, it's not that much of a price. The Spurs need to clear roster spots, and while some of these guys are starters, they're basically being replaced pretty adequately or didn't have a set spot anyway. While it's never fun to trade away picks, that they avoid having picks en bered for years is a big plus. In these scenarios, the Spurs get to run:

Simmons, Jones
    White, Forbes, Primo
    McD, Vassell, Wieskamp, Huchison
    Johnson, Samanic, KBD, Aminu
    Landale, Eubanks, Collins

or

Simmons, Jones
    White, Forbes, (Primo)
    McD, (Vassell), Walker, Wieskamp , KBD, Huchison
    Johnson, Young, Samanic,

For both teams you'd like to at least sign a decent PG to a two-way but they're overall cleaner rosters with far better spacing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is the player and the package to go after. Raptors can flip Lonnie at trade deadline if they don't want to extend him. Develop Samanic for the bench behind Barnes and OG, could play some 3 for them too. Aminu would be a buyout candidate later in the year. Possibly throw in a draft pick or two to sweeten it. Getting Siakam off their books is going to help the Raptors extend Boucher as well.

Getting Siakam allows the Spurs to bring Thad off the bench to be that DIAW role, and it gives Collins time to completely heal. Thad is a great passer and smart player. He's a great bench asset for getting everyone involved and can score at all 3 levels. If Collins is healthy and consistently plays the second half of the season, then you can flip Thad for more assets for the future. Collins price is cheaper than a Samanic extension and he could compete for minutes to eventually replace Poeltl in the future.

If the Spurs got Siakam, that is a top 6 seed, playoff team - minimum! They would be faster, younger, would pass the ball more. Looking for good to great shot making again, quit iso ball!!! Better 3pt shooting, better spacing in the SL and the bench to operate, can go 10+ deep (and for the love of God play Forbes sparingly or none at all!!)

Siakam should be a real consideration!

I think Siakam is a potential target, but Simmons was notably better than Pascal and more impactful. If that means Siakam can be had for a better price, maybe it's still worth it. But the trade Dejounte proposed isn't possible. It's also a typical ST "our crap for your gold" trade. Both for monetary reasons and basic fairness, Murray or White, or at least Thad and a pick would have to be added. You also have to ask if it's worth it even at the reduced price to get a player who's hovering close to neutral impact isn't a defensive game-changer or play-maker and costs a ton of money. There are scenarios where I think it would be, but I also think you aren't going to make Murray/White work by adding another high-dollar guy who needs the ball in his hands. Any big trade needs to break up that duo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons, dude couldn’t be motivated in Philly who were close to le contenders. Why do people keep linking him to SA, a small market lottery team. He would bail even faster than Marcus Morris.
    This. It's not worth giving up any assets for a guy with questionable effort who would bail at the first opportunity (if he even showed up at all).

Simmons literally threw out there that he is "open to being traded to Golden State". Well no , Sherlock, you're okay with going to the Bay Area to a contender with two of the best shooters in the league?

He also said he didn't want to go to Toronto or Portland because he considers himself "a young socialite". What the do you think he is going to think about playing in San Antonio?

Dude doesn't even seem to realize his stock is as low as ever and he doesn't really have a say in the matter.
    Last edited by Dex; 08-14-2021 at 08:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As weird as it is, it's not that much of a price. The Spurs need to clear roster spots, and while some of these guys are starters, they're basically being replaced pretty adequately or didn't have a set spot anyway. While it's never fun to trade away picks, that they avoid having picks en bered for years is a big plus. In these scenarios, the Spurs get to run:

Simmons, Jones
    White, Forbes, Primo
    McD, Vassell, Wieskamp, Huchison
    Johnson, Samanic, KBD, Aminu

or

Simmons, Jones
    White, Forbes, (Primo)
    McD, (Vassell), Walker, Wieskamp , KBD, Huchison
    Johnson, Young, Samanic,

For both teams you'd like to at least sign a decent PG to a two-way but they're overall cleaner rosters with far better spacing
    I really like that Aussie tandem of Simmons and Landale in there. Landale somewhat defended Simmons’ decision to not join the Olympics as his prerogative going through personal tough times. And I think Simmons would appreciate having a fellow Aussie in the team. Landale seems like a bruiser, and it would be interesting to see Keldon, Simmons and Landale in the defensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Michael Scotto
    MikeAScotto
    15m
    The Oklahoma City Thunder signed Mike Muscala to a two-year, $7 million deal, league sources told @hoopshype. The second year of the deal is a team option.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Package pop for Simmons now !
    Is there a reason you post here? I can’t imagine the lack of human connection you must have to continue returning to this forum knowing that literally no one wants you here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a reason you post here? I can’t imagine the lack of human connection you must have to continue returning to this forum knowing that literally no one wants you here.
    Give the guy a break. If he doesn’t post here then who else is he supposed to tell how many computers a day he fixed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If ducks didn't post here, he'd likely shoot up a movie theater. He needs an outlet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um... You're the one who doesn't want the team to do what they're doing. I don't want them to tank, so them "ruining" the tank by trying to win doesn't bother me.

Of course, real tanks last way more than a year, so I don't get why years of watching them fight for the play-in is worse than years of watching them lose 50 games.
    How can you know what I want, when I myself is unsure of what I want?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you know what I want, when I myself is unsure of what I want?
    Your brain might be confused, but your heart isn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a great question and I don't have an answer that just jumps off the page at me... maybe Indiana with Brogdon going to Philly? Im.aware you can poke holes in that idea but, I'm just saying something along those lines...a less than star that might provide spacing and could play next to DJ...
    Yeah, that's probably the caliber/type . . . but Harris, Brogdon, Murray and ancillary youth + draft capital, is more than likely not enough to keep Embiid engaged.

Murray/ Tre
    Siakam/ Young/

Walker IV has yet to proven he's a rotation player and Samanic an NBA player, yet the Raptors are going to trade their best player/asset for them and a negative value expiring?

It'd probably take one of Murray/White, one of Poeltl/Young and a lightly protected 1st to even get them to think about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's probably the caliber/type . . . but Harris, Brogdon, Murray and ancillary youth + draft capital, is more than likely not enough to keep Embiid engaged.

Walker IV has yet to proven he's a rotation player and Samanic an NBA player, yet the Raptors are going to trade their best player/asset for them and a negative value expiring?

It'd probably take one of Murray/White, one of Poeltl/Young and a lightly protected 1st to even get them to think about it.
    Honestly, it was something I effortlessly threw together to make sense of the current roster construction from the Spurs POV. IMO, the way it looks right now is that those two guys are the odd men out from this roster. + and Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your brain might be confused, but your heart isn't.
    Lol, alright boss.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If ducks didn't post here, he'd likely shoot up a movie theater. He needs an outlet.
    Love your positive at ude bro! Also, without bad posts, how can we treasure and respect good posts?

Thread Information