Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast
    Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, except HE CANT ING DEFEND AT ALL. We have enough defensive liabilities as it is. He also is pretty bad at creating shots. And rebounding. You know, those things DJ and White do, all ing day.

Other than jumping high,I’m not sure he’s any better than Forbes.
    Dumbest post of the year.

Why do people reply to this keyboard warrior.. full of diatribe and hyperbole . Not much substance. Pissing on players like he know them. Like fuk u do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumbest post of the year.

Why do people reply to this keyboard warrior.. full of diatribe and hyperbole . Not much substance. Pissing on players like he know them. Like fuk u do

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s three years. Three years. Dejounte started his second year. Keldon started his second year. White started his second year.

wow the board is already giving up on Lonnie after a year? wow..it's mindblowing that people thing we're going to resign him when we gave Dejounte his contract while being imjured and had no offensive game. News flash, I would be really surpised if they don't re-sign him. I'm 96% sure that they will re-sign him
    it's not a surpise that Lonnie strguggled as bad as he did, he was extremely raw, had relapse in college, disappeared college and everythat that saw him could see that (Well...I guess not all)
    It's called a rebuild for a reason! and you have to be patient. I saw alot of bad from lonnie, but I also saw alot of good from him. From the year before to last year, there was big difference, and I expect a similar jump heading inot this season. When they got booted out of the Playoffs, Lonnie was the one guy that you could clearly see was effected the most and i expect him to improve. The guy is only 22/23 by next season, dude's still young and still entering his prime while learning, he might not be that starter we envisioned him to be, but he can/could be a solid 6 men, where we saw flashes of his upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow the board is already giving up on Lonnie after a year? wow..it's mindblowing that people thing we're going to resign him when we gave Dejounte his contract while being imjured and had no offensive game. News flash, I would be really surpised if they don't re-sign him. I'm 96% sure that they will re-sign him
    it's not a surpise that Lonnie strguggled as bad as he did, he was extremely raw, had relapse in college, disappeared college and everythat that saw him could see that (Well...I guess not all)
    It's called a rebuild for a reason! and you have to be patient. I saw alot of bad from lonnie, but I also saw alot of good from him. From the year before to last year, there was big difference, and I expect a similar jump heading inot this season. When they got booted out of the Playoffs, Lonnie was the one guy that you could clearly see was effected the most and i expect him to improve. The guy is only 22/23 by next season, dude's still young and still entering his prime while learning, he might not be that starter we envisioned him to be, but he can/could be a solid 6 men, where we saw flashes of his upside.
    Again, it’s not A year, it’s THREE YEARS. He was drafted in 2018. It’s 2021.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty was playing out of character because of lack of personnel. With Jazz ball movement or any other contender, he would shoot the lights out. That said, he’s 32 and probably on his last chance to get a lucrative deal. It wouldn’t be fair to him and his family to take a reduced pay, and Pop is not that type to let him do it. If Patty gets a better offer, he is gone.
    I guess 50 million doesn't stretch that far in the Outback...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie was briefly interviewed tonight n mentioned waking up at 430am n doing 3-a-days!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's go Lonnie. GSG!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t trust Lonnie....yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie was briefly interviewed tonight n mentioned waking up at 430am n doing 3-a-days!
    Uh, what's a 3-a-days?

I know of a certain kind of three-a-day's, but I'm sure Lonnie's stamina has far better uses than that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, what's a 3-a-days?

I know of a certain kind of three-a-day's, but I'm sure Lonnie's stamina has far better uses than that
    Guess it's three workouts a day. Wake up extremely early, go hard, rest, go hard, rest, then one more time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder which tranny Dwight is working on his “d” with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still like Lonnie. I'm hopeful we see him improve on those things where he's been lacking...staying aggressive offensively, and becoming less of a defensive liability. He's probably still our most athletically gifted player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would think Lonnie would start feeling uncomfortable about his future with the team but it seems like the opposite is happening. Is he going to re-sign for cheap and possibly be content with a reduced role?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mixtapes and workout clips be gone. I put zero stock in these kind of things. We'll see him on the court against actual NBA players, so far not impressed at all, lets see if he makes any progress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would think Lonnie would start feeling uncomfortable about his future with the team but it seems like the opposite is happening. Is he going to re-sign for cheap and possibly be content with a reduced role?
    Definitely an important year for Lonnie. Hopefully this is the year he starts “getting it”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, what's a 3-a-days?

That‘s the Kobe Bryant workout regiment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie doing defensive drills with a trainer? It's good that he realizes that's an area where he really needs to improve

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie doing defensive drills with a trainer? It's good that he realizes that's an area where he really needs to improve
    Sure he needs to improve on D, but imo it's his BBIQ and awareness that are the problems, not his athleticism.

How good on defense would a hybrid of Bryn's effort/positioning and Lonnie's physical tools (height/length/athleticism) be? My memory might be bad but I remember Bryn generally being in the right place at the right time, he just doesn't have the physical tools to turn that into effective defense. But I could be way off here cause my blessed memory doesn't let me remember much of Bryn's time with the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure he needs to improve on D, but imo it's his BBIQ and awareness that are the problems, not his athleticism.

How good on defense would a hybrid of Bryn's effort/positioning and Lonnie's physical tools (height/length/athleticism) be? My memory might be bad but I remember Bryn generally being in the right place at the right time, he just doesn't have the physical tools to turn that into effective defense. But I could be way off here cause my blessed memory doesn't let me remember much of Bryn's time with the team.
    I’m not sure Lonnie will ever have that positioning knowledge. He was so bad, Pop started putting him on the lead opposition scorer so the he would never have to rotate.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes you try to hide as a defender. Lonnie Walker you try to get him engaged as a defender. Bryn is undersized, while Lonnie isnt. It aint rocket science and why lookin at stats is misleading.

Cool story though.

Its obvious with that type of weight training he trying to get his base stronger while moving laterally. Meaning not losing his balance or getting bumped off less when defending.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That‘s the Kobe Bryant workout regiment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see Lonnie working at it. Hope he improves dramatically on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am pretty sure the exit interviews clued him into it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am pretty sure the exit interviews clued him into it
    Lonnie: what do I have to improve on for next year to get better?
    yes

Thread Information