Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His offensive game also reminds me a bit of Kyrie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to that NBASupes guy from the hawks website, the hawks were trying to trade up to pick 9 for Primo.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to that NBASupes guy from the hawks website, the hawks were trying to trade up to pick 9 for Primo.
    Interesting if true.

There always seem to be those players that several FOs suddenly highly covet just before and during the draft. I wonder if any studies have been done on how those players do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did this dude and Keldon play together?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His offensive game also reminds me a bit of Kyrie.

He could be a kyrie with better defense. After watching him play, I'm not shocked Hawks wanted to get him at #9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be a kyrie with better defense. After watching him play, I'm not shocked Hawks wanted to get him at #9.
    I like Primo and all, but lower your expectations y'all. No way on Earth Primo becomes a Kyrie; Kyrie has a smoothness and finesse to his game that he was born with, and that Primo (and most prospects on Earth, I'm not slighting Cuz) just can't replicate, and it showed very early on. There's a reason he went #1.

I'd be happy with Primo if he could become something like a Dlo with defense, volume shooter with playmaking duties (that isn't a net negative on the other side of the ball).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, stop being so triggered by everything I post and then indirectly responding to me like a pussy

second, I literally addressed that all things point to Primo being 6’5”, so no one is ing with the numbers.

third, again, Johnson looks as big as Draymond who has been defending larger guys for a long time now. Whether people want to accept it or not, the league is being overrun now with players who were once thought to be too small for specific positions. It’s been two years since Johnson’s combine measurements were taken, and he’s said himself he’s grown since his listed height. Whether that’s true or not, I dont know.

What the ... isn't Green at least 6'6"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the latest rumors on Primo definitely having other suitors in the lottery, there's news that Primo took x-rays and MRIs at Alabama and his growth plates are still open.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the latest rumors on Primo definitely having other suitors in the lottery, there's news that Primo took x-rays and MRIs at Alabama and his growth plates are still open.

Two weeks ago just called. Wants it’s news story back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we drafted him at 12 this year bc he would've been available at 12 next year. And since we would've drafted him in the same spot next year, that means I don't have to call him up from Austin until 2024! It's the best of both worlds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the ... isn't Green at least 6'6"?
    Draymond is probably in some low sitting flip flops at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you guys need to stop freaking out over every 0.01 inch difference you spot in random photos. you can see from how he plays whether he has the size for a certain position or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you guys need to stop freaking out over every 0.01 inch difference you spot in random photos. you can see from how he plays whether he has the size for a certain position or not
    Careful, you’ll get called a hater for calling out obvious height obsession…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Primo's court demeanor and confidence-- he passes the eye test, and the age issue is certainly on his side-- interestingly enough, just as it was for Pokusevski last season when he was the youngest player in the NBA (younger than Primo by 2 days), though no critics of Poku ever bothered to bring that up in debates . Like Pokusevski in his first season though, Primo's overall metrics have not been too impressive so far, and it's easy to see why his champions have shied away pretty noticeably from posting them. So, for the sake of balance, I thought I would do that. Obviously, it's a very small sample size of 4 Summer League games...

25.2 mpg
    14.25 ppg
    36.2 FG%
    27.6 3pt%
    2.75 rpg
    2.5 apg
    3.25 TOpg
    OWS: -0.19
    DWS: 0.02
    WS: -0.17
    ORtg: 82.9
    DRtg: 105.3

I'm still a fan of Pokusevki and give his terrible Year One advanced stats a pass because he was an 18 year old going up against NBA pros, plus he was adapting to the USA/Oklahoma and speaking English, after adapting the year before to Greece and Greek. If Primo ends his first season with the same flourish that Pokusevski did this year, it would be a very positive sign, and I'd be happy with his progress. Other than that, I'm happy to say it'll be at a few years before I'll make any assessment of his future as a Spur, other than to say that he looks nice and I'm rooting for him, but comparisons to Kobe, Kyrie, and Steph seem extraordinarily premature.

https://basketball.realgm.com/player...Summary/134341

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pokusevski is possibly the worst shooter I've ever seen. Absolutely awful, and in a hilarious, spectacular, you've-got-to-see-this kind of way. Horrible form, just slinging it vainly toward the iron, clanging it off backboard and whatever came in the way. Just superbly ty as a shooter. And here's the kicker -- he never stopped. Would not stop shooting. The guy has supreme confidence and no capability as a shooter whatsoever. It's truly impressive, and then the coaching staff and GM seem to simply let him do it, like a Make a Wish Foundation kid.

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo does not pass the eye test. He doesn’t look athletic enough to be a game changer in the NBA. He looks like someone who has the chance to be a better shooting Kyle Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10586832[/URL]]Primo does not pass the eye test. He doesn’t look athletic enough to be a game changer in the NBA. He looks like someone who has the chance to be a better shooting Kyle Anderson.

Lonnie and Samanic pass the eye test but Primo will probably end up with the better career. Book it.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Careful with eye testing or the notorious Drew Show may get in here and curse us out in Esperanto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But his confidence is great, and unlike Poku he has shown the ability to play a complementary role. His lack of separation will cause him a difficult adjustment but if he plays his Alabama role (on the Spurs, in the beginning) then I think he can learn on the job. He probably should be in the G league but Pop will probably not do that and fall in love with him, so to speak. It will be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But his confidence is great, and unlike Poku he has shown the ability to play a complementary role. His lack of separation will cause him a difficult adjustment but if he plays his Alabama role (on the Spurs, in the beginning) then I think he can learn on the job. He probably should be in the G league but Pop will probably not do that and fall in love with him, so to speak. It will be interesting.
    He needs to be in Austin to get regular minutes and working on his craft, instead of riding the bench with the big club

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt he will sniff one minute in the NBA this season ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo does not pass the eye test. He doesn’t look athletic enough to be a game changer in the NBA. He looks like someone who has the chance to be a better shooting Kyle Anderson.
    Plenty of players don't have exceptional athleticism in the NBA. A guy like Chris Paul doesn't. Booker doesn't really, either. It's about learning to create space and use your other skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt he will sniff one minute in the NBA this season ...
    Every rookie gets some time with the big club, usually a dozen or so games at the end of the year, after the gleague season ends in March.

DJ 38 games
    DW 17 games
    LW4.17 games
    KJ 17 games
    Sam 3 games
    Vas 62 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think he should be expected to get big minutes this year, but Pop loves confident players who have gotten over themselves, and that seems to fit Primo perfectly. So, I am prepared for anything with Primo is all I’m saying. Now, there are plenty of players ahead of him in line, so yeah, logically he shouldn’t play ahead of those with more experience.

Thread Information