Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh this thread is an embarrassment... and what's worse is I made it
    I'm surprised Bruno hasn't locked it yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has dunked twice, deserves a bump.

The Fonz
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just got outrebounded by jj barea

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just got outrebounded by jj barea
    Negative cherry picking. 8 points 4/7, 7 rebounds in 19.5 minutes.

Stop the hate.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's played great the last few games. If he can keep it up, Jeff will be a great asset for the frontline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he continues to improve and build chemistry with the team, he could be a good 5th big, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Negative cherry picking. 8 points 4/7, 7 rebounds in 19.5 minutes.

Stop the hate.
    Had a couple of good passes. Runs the floor well. better job at protecting the rim. I wonder if he was trying to hard earlier?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His bad hands are what I hate the most. I suppose as he Continues to play he'll get sharper on rotations and stuff, but fumbling passes and blowing dunks are unacceptable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His bad hands are what I hate the most. I suppose as he Continues to play he'll get sharper on rotations and stuff, but fumbling passes and blowing dunks are unacceptable.
    That's why he should be a 5th big, tbh..

He has a great motor, he's always active, and he's a decent passer, but he doesn't have any actual NBA tools to be a rotation player IMO..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Waluigi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am personally burning this church down with all its members in it à la The Patriot.
    Worth noting again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His rebounding is definitely an asset. He competes on the glass. He is starting to show remnants of being a decent player. Its not like he is going to play very much or at all in the post season. If healthy, Duncan Splitter, Diaw and Leonard and that's your 4-5 rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh i kinda like him in an odd way... i see some defensive potential, but he is still way to raw to rely on, i'm not concerned about his offense, but he is improving there as well. He needs to work hard and improve at everything, but the early tiness seems to be past him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff has really dug himself into a hole on the board, but he seems to be playing better as of late.

Not great, but serviceable for a 5th big, and doing all the things under the basket you'd want one to do: defending the paint, hitting the glass, going after offensive boards, and trying to finish strong.

He also gave up trying to shoot jumpers (thank God).

He has a ways to go and haters are going to continue to hate, but I'm not ready to dump on Errors yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayers seems to be coming along a bit. He isn't trying to do too much, he plays hard and is physical. With the exception of the one game where missed 4 dunks, he seems to finish strong at the rim. Finally we have a frontcourt player that is not soft, plays defense, has athleticism, and seems to have some court smarts. He's a decenly rounded forward. Give him some burn and in time he'll do better
    Last edited by G-Dawgg; 01-13-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what have this guy and many similar guys been doing the past 10+ years that they are so bad at basketball fundamentals?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night he looked pretty damn good. I wish he could work on his hands. I don't even know if that is possible, but I feel like if he could make solid catches instead of bobbling the ball he could go up stronger and obviously earlier. Also I can't help but think he should be rewarded more for running the floor. He is fantastic about getting out on the break, and I feel like people have flat out missed him when he gets ahead of the pack. I of course know the risk of getting him the ball too far away from the basket, but I think there is a little potential left in this guy. Lets hope his play of late continues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayers seems to be coming along a bit. He isn't trying to do too much, he plays hard and is physical. With the exception of the one game where missed 4 dunks, he seems to finish strong at the rim. Finally we have a frontcourt player that is not soft, plays defense, has athleticism, and seems to have some court smarts. He's a decenly rounded forward. Give him some burn and in time he'll do better
    said it in another thread. As much as he sucked early on, he is showing signs of improvement. plus his toughness will come be very valuable in the playoffs when it gets in the trenches. Kinda looking forward to that. Need someone that's gonna lay the wood on opposing players....not your teammates wife.
    Last edited by UZER; 01-13-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's positioning himself for a 36 million dollar contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing people don't realize, this is the first time he's ever gotten consistent, every game minutes. Before he's just been stuck to a bench. Takes time to adjust to that as well. Be patient. He's markedly better already than he was a couple weeks ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he continues to improve and build chemistry with the team, he could be a good 5th big, tbh..
    Gmafb. He's already better than Aron Baynes right now and hasn't spent half the time in the system Baynes has either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baynes isn't a special player, that's not saying much..

If Ayres could make the mid-range jump shot, he could be a solid 4th big, but he hasn't shown any indication that he can shoot, tbh..he's shooting 25% on jump shots, so far, and they're ugly IMO..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On this team he's the fourth big. At times he's better than splitter. To keep acting like the guy is jack Haley or some crap is ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night he looked pretty damn good. I wish he could work on his hands. I don't even know if that is possible, but I feel like if he could make solid catches instead of bobbling the ball he could go up stronger and obviously earlier. Also I can't help but think he should be rewarded more for running the floor. He is fantastic about getting out on the break, and I feel like people have flat out missed him when he gets ahead of the pack. I of course know the risk of getting him the ball too far away from the basket, but I think there is a little potential left in this guy. Lets hope his play of late continues.
    There was one time when Sean said he bobbled it last night against Minny when I swear he took a dribble to come up on the other side of the rim. They never did show a replay.

I think Ayres is probably the best P'n'R "roll" finisher on the club right now. Splitter has better hands, but throws up that soft ass that bounces out half of the time. Ayres either dunks the ball, or goes up for a strong layup off the glass, which I wish Splitter would do more often. Tiago tries for the perfect no glass layup, but when he gets bumped, it usually comes out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If Ayres could make the mid-range jump shot, he could be a solid 4th big, but he hasn't shown any indication that he can shoot, tbh..he's shooting 25% on jump shots, so far, and they're ugly IMO..
    He was shooting 25% on dunks at one point, so give it a chance. I don't think the Spurs would have signed him if they didn't think he could "pop" occasionally, instead of rolling to the hoop 100% of the time.

Thread Information