Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    antiquated takes

just go watch your 2005 dvds and talk about how bowen was a better player than kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tp 55.9 from downtown
    leonard 33.1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is the team's leading scorer?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    antiquated takes

just go watch your 2005 dvds and talk about how bowen was a better player than kawhi.
    Did your other name get banned or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    antiquated takes

leonard was a worse shooter in 2005 chip had a lot of work to get him to this point

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I shouldn't think too lowly of some Spur fans that have never actually played organized basketball. If they did, they would know how polished Parker's game is and how raw Leonard's game is. The numbers bear that out. Not saying that Leonard shouldn't get shots and keep developing. Just saying that people that complain about Tony shooting just don't know much about basketball. They are the same people that want Pop to be fired and want Manu to retire. And then they jump on the bandwagon when the Spurs win a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    antiquated takes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Leonard should be getting high volume touches, but Parker definately should be 3rd choice guard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I shouldn't think too lowly of some Spur fans that have never actually played organized basketball. If they did, they would know how polished Parker's game is and how raw Leonard's game is. The numbers bear that out. Not saying that Leonard shouldn't get shots and keep developing. Just saying that people that complain about Tony shooting just don't know much about basketball. They are the same people that want Pop to be fired and want Manu to retire. And then they jump on the bandwagon when the Spurs win a le.
    Antiqued takes...

Big 3..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Leonard should be getting high volume touches, but Parker definately should be 3rd choice guard
    I don't think anyone said that tbh...Just the fact that Parker being a 1st guard ruins others people games..specially kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could bring kawhi off the bench then that way manu takes away from kawhi's game not tp

leonard would never not see anyone on the court or take a force shot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antiqued takes...

Big 3..

Antiquated takes are based on evidence from last year's le that was less than a year ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you played organized basketball you would know how absurd of an argument it is to use shooting % to prove someone is better offensive player.

Just a few examples:

Would anyone argue that Parker is a better 3P shooter than Green? Yet Parker has the higher 3P%.
    Is Manu one of the worst offensively skilled players on the team? Maybe if you only looked at his FG%
    Was Kawhi a better offensive player than Parker last season? Kawhi had a higher FG% & 3P%

BTW just an fyi Kawhi's 2P% is higher than Parker's (49.5% vs 48.5%)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antiquated takes are based on evidence from last year's le that was less than a year ago.
    This guy actually thinks tony played better than Kawhi in the last year and Half..

oh my god..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cringe on some three's manu shots he forces them and the brick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Lin, tbh, they are essentially the same player, at this point..

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's funny because Parker is actually a more skilled scorer than Leonard. Lenard's offensive game is still pretty raw. TP is a great midrange shooter and has always been one of the best finishers in the league. Over his career, he has always been a high percentage shooter, and his career FG has been top notch for a guard. HOF player.
    Ugh, tbh... these player fans are disgusting. Upstairs needs more objective Spurs fans like Harlem and apalisoc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker has the entire offense/system/coach geared towards helping him score lmfao, Leonard does not have that. Leonard shot 42% on jumpers last year compared to Parker's 40%, this year he's even better. Leonard is the most complete offensive player on the team.

Floaters in the paint and from the FT line, mid range jumpers, post ups, dunks on shot blockers (which make TP his pants year after year), offensive put backs, transition, 3pters, offense off defense etc. it's pretty obvious his injuries greatly affected his shooting this year, I've seen him miss a bunch of easy layups this year, isn't even in a rhythm from 3 yet either. Parker has also greatly affected his and the team's offensive play with his ball hogging.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you played organized basketball you would know how absurd of an argument it is to use shooting % to prove someone is better offensive player.

Just a few examples:

Would anyone argue that Parker is a better 3P shooter than Green? Yet Parker has the higher 3P%.
    Is Manu one of the worst offensively skilled players on the team? Maybe if you only looked at his FG%
    Was Kawhi a better offensive player than Parker last season? Kawhi had a higher FG% & 3P%

BTW just an fyi Kawhi's 2P% is higher than Parker's (49.5% vs 48.5%)
    Parker is a career 49.5% field goal percentage. He's not a statistical fluke. He's got one of the best mid range games in the NBA and he has been the best finishing point guard in the NBA at the rim. He was having a great season until his hamstring injury.

Kawhi may have been a little fluky three point shooter last year and has regressed this year. His dribble moves are somewhat stilted and his post ups too often rely on fade aways when shooting over smaller players. He's also not a great passer out of the post. The Spurs are teying to get him comfortable on the block, but that leads to more missed shots and turnovers. I'm not saying he shouldn't get the ball, just saying he will be less efficient with more usage because his offensive game lacks polish that guys like TD and Parker already have. Leonard's lack of scoring is not hurting this team near as much as his defense and rebounding. That's what we really miss.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is a career 49.5% field goal percentage. He's not a statistical fluke. He's got one of the best mid range games in the NBA and he has been the best finishing point guard in the NBA at the rim. He was having a great season until his hamstring injury.

Kawhi may have been a little fluky three point shooter last year and has regressed this year. His dribble moves are somewhat stilted and his post ups too often rely on fade aways when shooting over smaller players. He's also not a great passer out of the post. The Spurs are teying to get him comfortable on the block, but that leads to more missed shots and turnovers. I'm not saying he shouldn't get the ball, just saying he will be less efficient with more usage because his offensive game lacks polish that guys like TD and Parker already have. Leonard's lack of scoring is not hurting this team near as much as his defense and rebounding. That's what we really miss.
    Career FG%:
    Kawhi 49.8%
    Parker 49.5%

Career 3P%:
    Kawhi 36.9%
    Parker 32.2%

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These so-called 'mainstream big three fans' aren't saying Parker is better than Kawhi or that the Big Three are better players than anyone else in the roster, a response you've been tirelessly (yet miraculously failing to elicit) draw from the flock of posters here. These people aren't saying Parker > Leonard, but these people have been Spurs fans long enough to know what Parker can do, and there is still hope for him to recover in the season, just as much as there is hope Leonard can pull up his stats after the disgusting eye infection that has been a crutch for Leonard's proponents, as well as the bizarre hand injury that certified his status as an incrementally useful player. All arguments backing up Kawhi still hinges on an expectation that he's going to improve given the chance, but the guy is a china doll with a brand new iso game that slows down the motion offense which paved the way for the fifth le last season. His mid-range game is still shaky and his three-ball hasn't always been there. Time and again, pundits have slammed Ginobili (who just scored 20 points hours ago, by the way) and it's fair to establish Parker is going downhill from here, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt, especially in the regular season. It's comical that people have been arguing and jumping off the cliff when the team hasn't played fully healthy, as look_at_g_shred has pointed out, and that the season has barely passed the All-Star break. Everyone knows you're definitely trolling, starting fires here and there, and it's pathetic and disgusting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Career FG%:
    Kawhi 49.8%
    Parker 49.5%

Career 3P%:
    Kawhi 36.9%
    Parker 32.2%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Career FG%:
    Kawhi 49.8%
    Parker 49.5%

Career 3P%:
    Kawhi 36.9%
    Parker 32.2%
    Kawhi has to play a lot more years for that to be an apples to apples comparison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enrique's midrange jumper being money has always been a huge myth. Not sure if nba.com started doing hot spots again but I used to check them out 2-3 years ago and his midrange jumper was pretty inefficient (can't check right now since on I'm on a tablet). People mistake the fact that he took a lot of those jumpers for him actually being efficient at them tbh.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Parker is shooting 49%. But for his hamstring, he was playing stellar basketball.
    He's been horrible this year. There's no question about that. Parker hasn't been an elite player since the 2013 season.

Thread Information