Page 237 of 257 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 6404
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Did the Democratic Senators who publicly convicted the Judge of serious crimes, hurt their careers and their party?
    "Will the FBI look into Dr. Ford's group, including lawyers, who apparently put pressure on people to hurt Kavanaugh? In the FBI investigation last week, texts were uncovered indicating that happened.
    "Will Attorney [Michael] Avenatti be sanctioned for bringing forth false affidavits against the Judge?
    "Will Dr. Ford file charges of assault in Maryland to back up her assertions? Will she sign a book contract? What will she do with the half million dollars raised on her behalf? Her lawyers told the Judiciary Committee they are working free of charge.
    "Will Sen. Dianne Feinstein [D-Calif.] be investigated by the Ethics Committee for holding back Dr. Ford's original letter for six weeks before someone leaked it to the press? Surely, the Senate should find out who leaked it."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Change, McConnell Implies He’d Consider Trump SCOTUS Nom In Election Year

In 2016, when Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) announced Republicans’ plan to keep the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia’s seat open until the next president took office, a year away, he issued a conclusive statement:

“The American people

should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice.

Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new President.”

On Sunday, after the confirmation of the second Supreme Court justice nominated by President Donald Trump — and with the potential for more Supreme Court nominations before Election Day in 2020 —

McConnell rewrote his own invented rule in Republicans’ favor.

McConnell implied he would work to confirm a Supreme Court nominee referred by a Republican president, namely Trump, to the Republican-controlled Senate.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/i...+%28TPMNews%29

So if some SCOTUS judge, preferably one of the 4, dies in 2020, would rapidly approve Trash's nominee.

Because of "the American People"

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top misogynist in action

Mitch McConnell slams women for using ‘mob-like tactics’ to peacefully protest Kavanaugh

“Who is the mob?” erson asked.

“Well, the people that were attacking our members at their homes,” McConnell suggested.

“It was really quite a display of aggressiveness,

far beyond what I would consider peaceful protesting.

They were trying to intimidate members of the Senate,

not only in our home state, but also up here — actually in the Capitol.

And in our homes here in Washington.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/mitch-mcconnell-slams-women-using-mob-like-tactics-peacefully-protest-kavanaugh/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

is evilly, anti-democratically brilliant, but he's such piece of loser as a man

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-07-2018 at 11:56 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notice in many of these shots that the "protesters" are laughing and smiling? It's just an event for them. I'd not be surprised if someone had a beer stand there.

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    you went Bernie to Trump.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he stays -
    why would anyone at any trial in the USA - be held to taking an oath to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

If the SC justice does not - why should they?

He will be impeached - book it.
    The oaths taken on the stand or in depositions or anywhere else are not Game of Throne oaths. People have usually made up their mind long before they take an oath whether or not they are going to uphold it, especially when it comes to testimony. I do not think the legal system will need to worry one bit about whether future witnesses will honor their oaths before testimony because of Kavanaugh. Just my two cents as a 15+ year litigator. 99% of witnesses would probably not be able to name a supreme court justice if put on the spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    going around

's Tombstone

"He Broke America"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.a0438bf1f1dd

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its time for the blue blue team to get their licks in possibly. Disrupt. Delay. But in 2020 they will have the executive branch again imo... What then?
    If blue team gets back power the first thing that happens is their butt holes tighten up thinking about what happened the last time they went too far left. I've said before the damage to the progressive movement is done, it'll take a generation to recover.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If blue team gets back power the first thing that happens is their butt holes tighten up thinking about what happened the last time they went too far left. I've said before the damage to the progressive movement is done, it'll take a generation to recover.
    They went too far left by nominating Hillary? Or are you talking about when they went too far left in implementing Romney's healthcare plan?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I’ve always considered myself politically moderate: I am unapologetically pro-life, but my views on affirmative action, Black Lives Matter, and gun control made me sympathize strongly with Democratic perspectives and occasionally led to arguments with my husband and father-in-law.

I have become a unicorn. My metamorphosis didn’t require a magic spell or potion, or even a trip to a well-reviewed plastic surgeon to add a horn to my head. All it took was Democrats’ treatment of Brett Kavanaugh over the last few weeks to turn me into that elusive creature: a minority, immigrant woman who supports Republicans."

https://thefederalist.com/2018/10/05...ent-kavanaugh/

Scalia's daughter-in-law didn't like Kavs treatment at all apparently. It completely changed her perspective.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The oaths taken on the stand or in depositions or anywhere else are not Game of Throne oaths. People have usually made up their mind long before they take an oath whether or not they are going to uphold it, especially when it comes to testimony. I do not think the legal system will need to worry one bit about whether future witnesses will honor their oaths before testimony because of Kavanaugh. Just my two cents as a 15+ year litigator. 99% of witnesses would probably not be able- to name a supreme court justice if put on the spot.
    Yes - normalize and justify perjury for team trump. This is america - home of the cult.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hillary, lefty?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should obstruct everything Trump tries to do just like McConnell did Obama. McConnell doesn't get to break the senate and then all of a sudden have it a functioning body again when his guy is in the white house and can sign bills. Democrats have to respond in kind to McConnell's bull , he doesn't get to have it both ways.
    if they are going to do that, they have to cite the "McConnell Precedent" every time, just like they did when they originally tried to argue against a trump appointment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you went Bernie to Trump.
    never stops being funny

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes - normalize and justify perjury for team trump. This is america - home of the cult.
    You are absolutely right. Trumps 15 year presidency has shaped my pessimitic views on how trial witnesses honor oaths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he does like beer, tbh...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They went too far left by nominating Hillary? Or are you talking about when they went too far left in implementing Romney's healthcare plan?
    Romney's healthcare plan without a public option.

I get your point and it's true, it's also true they have paid a yuge price for that and were successfully labeled as going too far left. They're going to be nervous as about it when they eventually get back power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the way the senate is going to be for a long time. It's the stable equilibrium once obstructionism became normalized by eight years of McConnell. The Democrats rightfully reply in kind. Then the Republicans will do the same once the Democrats take over at whatever point that will be. And so on. There is no putting that genie back in the bottle once McConnell unleashed it.
    California split in three, rules changed to allow simple majorities to ratify new US states or to change the number of Supreme Court justices.

Court packing is now a plausible winning issue for Dems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I get your point and it's true, it's also true they have paid a yuge price for that and were successfully labeled as going too far left. They're going to be nervous as about it when they eventually get back power.
    The right has an extremely effective media pushing their propaganda. I always find it laughable when I hear how far left the Democrats have gone when their leader of the party in 2016 is the wife of their leader of the party from 1992. Maybe nominating a negro was their big move left?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I’ve always considered myself politically moderate: I am unapologetically pro-life, but my views on affirmative action, Black Lives Matter, and gun control made me sympathize strongly with Democratic perspectives and occasionally led to arguments with my husband and father-in-law.

I have become a unicorn. My metamorphosis didn’t require a magic spell or potion, or even a trip to a well-reviewed plastic surgeon to add a horn to my head. All it took was Democrats’ treatment of Brett Kavanaugh over the last few weeks to turn me into that elusive creature: a minority, immigrant woman who supports Republicans."

https://thefederalist.com/2018/10/05...ent-kavanaugh/

Scalia's daughter-in-law didn't like Kavs treatment at all apparently. It completely changed her perspective.
    Republican pearl clutching over decorum is totes adorbs. So is Republican over-reliance on iden arian political tropes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Court packing is now a plausible winning issue for Dems.
    And I don't see why not after the Republicans decided the supreme court could be a body of eight. ty move for sure but that's the McConnell Precedent Trainwreck2100 brought up.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The right has an extremely effective media pushing their propaganda. I always find it laughable when I hear how far left the Democrats have gone when their leader of the party in 2016 is the wife of their leader of the party from 1992. Maybe nominating a negro was their big move left?
    I’m still waiting to hear about what the big move to the left was too. The Clintons are center right on economic and foreign policy issues. No matter how watered down and compromised legislation like Dodd Frank or Obamacare actually is when it passes, one third of this country starts screaming about how we’re headed towards communism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Labeled by whom? You can pinpoint losing the presidential election to losing the Rust Belt, Pennsylvania and Florida. They didn't lose them by being 'too left', AFAIK, but their marriage to globalism. I mean, even though I don't think he had the machinery to do as well, a much more lefty but anti-globalist Bernie probably had a better appeal than Shillary.

The Democratic Party certainly needs to use this opportunity to reinvent themselves, like every party does over time. My concern is the overall (GOP and Dems) tilt towards populism. Hollow claims and outright lies have taken over sane discourse, and that's dangerous over time, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the DNC moved much at all, not at the upper level. They purport to be about differences. The LGBQT community, the minorities, single moms... all that. Their inner circle though seems to be old school politicians who just kept covering for each other and ensuring they collectively remain in power in the DNC.

Thread Information