Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deron has only 2 gold medals, Melo has three. And Melo has an NCAA championship.

Deron would be a hall-of-famer if not for his injuries.
    Daren Williams is the most over rated player in NBA history.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    And Melo has an NCAA championship.
    ...so does Deron:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do it, tbh.

You can sell him San Antonio by telling him that he will start (which he will, since Pop it's desperately trying to find ways to have Gay come off the bench and play less minutes, so that he can rest).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, recall Jimmer from China and try to buy out Iverson's Turk mob debts while you're at it. Hang a "charity cases welcome" sign at the FO door since the leadership of this org is so much more morally superior than the country's leadership.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, recall Jimmer from China and try to buy out Iverson's Turk mob debts while you're at it. Hang a "charity cases welcome" sign at the FO door since the leadership of this org is so much more morally superior than the country's leadership.
    Dude, we are starting Dante ing Cunningham. When Rudy is out (which is once every three games) we're trotting Belinelli out there as SF for 25 minutes per game.

Beggers can't be chooser, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, we are starting Dante ing Cunningham. When Rudy is out (which is once every three games) we're trotting Belinelli out there as SF for 25 minutes per game.

bring Jr Smith too, any more headcase?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My man, why are you still racking your brain trying to improve this hopeless roster? Beggars get to choose a top 5 pick is where I'm staking my claim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My man, why are you still racking your brain trying to improve this hopeless roster? Beggars get to choose a top 5 pick is where I'm staking my claim.
    To keep the playoffs streak alive and because I think this team could be a lot better than it is with a couple of 6'8'' that can actually play.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The state of this team when washed Melo is an upgrade over what you have at PF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To keep the playoffs streak alive and because I think this team could be a lot better than it is with a couple of 6'8'' that can actually play.
    We need three 6'8" 3&Ds, two on the starters and one off the bench to play pf with Rudy. After that, we need a rim rolling, switchable, low point of gravity C. These are the minimal reqs to avoid a gentleman's sweep and advance to the semis. But why for the love of god are we still targeting nebulous consolation prizes like playoff streaks or 50-win streaks when it gets the franchise nowhere in strategic terms? Even Tony was pragmatic and vocal enough to admit 50 wins was not a priority during the first Leonardless season.

You know, maybe I should be more supportive of a CancerMelo to SA move since Melo as a starting sf is the opposite of improvement and would actually accelerate the tank I'm in favor of. Damn, Pop's one step forward, three steps back calculus is ing up my allegiances.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, I don’t know how much it would hurt. In the big 3 era it’s the last thing they’d of wanted to do. But our guys are kinda grasping at straws these days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ISOiest of all ISO teams ever. why not at this point?
    Pop 4D chess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need three 6'8" 3&Ds, two on the starters and one off the bench to play pf with Rudy. After that, we need a rim rolling, switchable, low point of gravity C. These are the minimal reqs to avoid a gentleman's sweep and advance to the semis
    This, which is why I want them to trade for Ariza or Demarre Carrol. Sign Stanley Johnson in the offseason and draft an SF and you have 3 wings. Not ideal, but it's probably the only option they have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need three 6'8" 3&Ds, two on the starters and one off the bench to play pf with Rudy.
    this, bring Shabazz from china, and trade Mills + salary and 2nd pick (maybe Hawks for Lin, Justin Anderson and Bembry), my other choice would be Carroll and Dinwidie from the Nets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, which is why I want them to trade for Ariza or Demarre Carrol. Sign Stanley Johnson in the offseason and draft an SF and you have 3 wings. Not ideal, but it's probably the only option they have
    Ariza and Johnson together would be a huge improvement, which only leads me to think signing one or both of those are pipe dreams. Guess I have to regain faith in the FO to get it done before I get behind it. Ariza's situation is practically begging for a contender to take him off Phoenix's books, I'll be pissed if the Lakers, NOP, Denver or Golden State acquire him at the trade deadline, but I won't be surprised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this, bring Shabazz from china, and trade Mills + salary and 2nd pick (maybe Hawks for Lin, Justin Anderson and Bembry), my other choice would be Carroll and Dinwidie from the Nets
    . ‘Bazz doesn’t 3 OR D. He’s a younger, homeless man’s Melo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ariza and Johnson together would be a huge improvement, which only leads me to think signing one or both of those are pipe dreams. Guess I have to regain faith in the FO to get it done before I get behind it. Ariza's situation is practically begging for a contender to take him off Phoenix's books, I'll be pissed if the Lakers, NOP, Denver or Golden State acquire him at the trade deadline, but I won't be surprised.
    it is absolutely possible to get this done, but they have to pick up Ariza/Carrol this season either through trade or off waivers, so they have bird rights to resign that player

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The thing is Melo is the butt of jokes but the style of play of this team he fits in better than with Rockets. It might be worth it tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is your avatar Bonner with Dragon Age art?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is Melo is the butt of jokes but the style of play of this team he fits in better than with Rockets. It might be worth it tbh.
    Gay was the target of jokes in st before playing here, I would bring Melo (and Shabazz) no doubt, these guys know ball, and we desperately need some size (and talent)

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Dog was like a third-stringer and played less than 25 games for us total. And we still had the Big 3.

Pop would probably try to start Melo and make him our primary perimeter defender.
    Well I don't think Pop would be asking Melo to come in and fix a 17-4 hole to the defending champions in Game 1 of the Finals.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dat Bazz. Most disappointing Bruin recruit since Cedric Bozeman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His defense cannot be any worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it would make sense to continue the Spurs tradition of getting star players after they're washed up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this guy still in basketball shape? Gay insurance anyone? Their games are somewhat similar.

He's better than Cunningham and Pondexter, that's for sure.

Thread Information