Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a particularly unethical move by Klutch/Knicks. I wonder if the Spurs will ask the league for some modest draft compensation (from Knicks) as a penalty. The team essentially traded Bertans for Morris and now they're not getting any return, let alone Morris.
    It is actionable, but I doubt the Spurs do anything. It was clear Kawhi was getting tampered with by the Lakers. , even their people at ESPN were getting involved. The Spurs didn't complain.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is actually ridiculous that a player can do this. Spurs made a specific move to get him and now after agreeing he can just leave. This CBA is a joke
    Yes, between this and the Kawhi bull , PATFO should be forcing Silver’s hand here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The days of players honoring their word or contract also seem to be gone.
    yes, the franchises today have no more power over absolutely nothing in the league (they have become places of temporary rent for players) and small market franchises will be the only ones that will suffer with this situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This really hurts the Spurs next year

This also is almost as unprecedented as the Boozer debacle years back with Cleveland. The Knicks should be blackballed by the rest of the 29 owners for pulling this kind of .
    It's far worse than Boozer. IIRC Boozer promised to sign after a year, but blew up and got a better deal with Utah than the one Cleveland set with him, which wasn't exactly legal to begin with. What Morris, Klutch, and the Knicks are doing is much worse. It's basically tearing a hole in the fabric of how NBA free agency and contracts work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver could make a phone call to the idiot owner of the Knicks and say "Don't do it". Since the commish is "Woke" he won't do anything.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An extra 5 million dollars is not a "lil".
    Think about it from your end.
    You can be holier than thou. All good.
    I don't blame you.

Talking about green not morris

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's far worse than Boozer. IIRC Boozer promised to sign after a year, but blew up and got a better deal with Utah than the one Cleveland set with him, which wasn't exactly legal to begin with. What Morris, Klutch, and the Knicks are doing is much worse. It's basically tearing a hole in the fabric of how NBA free agency and contracts work.
    :

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talking about green not morris
    Whoops! My bad homie.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get Bill Self on line 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this mother er if this circus ends-up being true.

Klutch Sports’ instagram page already deleted the pic of Morris in a Spurs jersey.. Knicks are currently re-working Reggie Bullock’s deal to create space to sign him. He gone bruh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said, they jumped the gun.
    They couldn't sign Morris until they did the trade. You can't jump the gun when there was no other possibility than to do the trade first and then agree to a free agent deal with the player.

You're wrong on this, too. You have a great grasp on what's going on on the court, but you're failing to understand the bigger picture about agencies and verbal contracts. I'm surprised, frankly.
    Wrong about what, tbh?

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eh time for samanic to grow up quicker i guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, IIRC Boozer had a team option and the Cavs declined it because they were going to sign him to a long term deal instead after both sides agreed to an extension. Boozer got a bigger deal from Utah and left for them instead.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taxes in NY are higher than TX.
    Spurs can offer him 3 years 30M+ to try to get him.

Try to negotiate with Suns about Oubre but Suns traded TJ Warren and Jackson they are high on him.

Difficult situation for Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boozer lied to a blind owner, telling him to release him from his contract and then he'd re-sign to a longer term deal. Instead, the blind owner released Boozer from his contract and Boozer signed with the Jazz instead

This is bad but Boozer is still worse, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Klutch Sports’ instagram page already deleted the pic of Morris in a Spurs jersey.. Knicks are currently re-working Reggie Bullock’s deal to create space to sign him. He gone bruh.
    Spurs should just go take Bullock for part of the MLE. Wonder how much less Knicks are going to force him to take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the other young and up-and-coming agents are now looking at how Buford will respond. If the Wizards and the Suns didn't exist, PATFO might be perceived as the softest organization to target in the league.
    Hi, you are a pretty stupid, new face around here. Can't wait to read more of your moronic takes!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instagram Baller needs to switch representation or he can GTFO. Klutch players need to be blacklisted for this.

Okay dude we get it. You hate IG baller. You’ve said this twice already. Nobody cares

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cap money is drying up. Agree to terms with a team, to be sure you don't get left holding the bag. Then continue to negotiate elsewhere, to see if you can get a better deal.

It's a broken system. It worked as long as (most) people honored the deals they made, but not like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They couldn't sign Morris until they did the trade. You can't jump the gun when there was no other possibility than to do the trade first and then agree to a free agent deal with the player.

Wrong about what, tbh?
    Are you being disingenuous? You're saying what Klutch is doing isn't a big deal and I'm saying you're very much wrong. Because you're very much wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love for a team to sign somebody then a week later say we never signed anything and we found another option at a cheaper price. We’re sorry most of the other teams have spent their payroll, but we gotta make the most out of our salaries. This player is 20% cheaper, adios

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, even Load Management would think this is a move, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't even understand how you can do that from a self-esteem point of view...

There's just stuff you don't do, man... you're ing up a whole organisation and other players.

Spurs liked Berta and didn't trade him with pleasure and they reshaped Carroll's contract...

Was somehow trying to get some interest back for the NBA, but Kawhitter then that weak move... this tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sign him up, tbh.....

Thread Information