Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Early rumors are here turned down a big push from USC. What source do you need to get off of this board, Benefactor? I wont force you out with Billy Liucci saying it, but what is it going to take?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Formal offer or gtfo.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And trying to cite Aggie's lapdog reporter

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    All I can find are rumors tbh...and it those same rumors Gruden is mentioned as well. All smoke, no fire.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    All I can find are rumors tbh...and it those same rumors Gruden is mentioned as well. All smoke, no fire.
    I'll go back and look, but didn't we discuss this? USC isn't going to come out and say they offered him. It will strictly be rumors...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    USC hasn't offered anyone anything yet, with the losses mounting I doubt he gets an offer from anyone now including the NFL. Not that it matters Chad Morris is primed to take over a top program and should Sumlin leave he is the perfect replacement.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Ok...we'll do it like this...if Sumlin leaves for USC, and USC only, you are gone from the CS forum for a year from hire date. If an unaffiliated source(mainstream outlet, i.e. Yahoo, SI, AP) reports that Sumlin did indeed reject an offer from USC then I am gone for a year.

Deal?
    There's your post.

Post Count
    Not even sure what kind of job Sumlin has done at A&M. Manziel is the biggest reason for his success.

Not even sure what kind of job Sumlin has done at A&M. Manziel is the biggest reason for his success.
    He is an average coach at best.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    We weren't supposed to compete in the SEC. We have because of Manziel, Sumlin's system, etc. He's recruited better than any coach in our history.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There's your post.
    ...a post with terms that you agreed to...terms that say he had to reject an offer.

It's like Texas and Oliver Luck. There was heavy speculation/rumors from many legit sources that Texas was targeting him and that he was going to be offered the AD position. However, they never offered him anything and one interview from Patterson and the search was over.

Same with Sumlin and USC. There was speculation they were targeting him and Gruden, but it was all talk and there was no official contact with Sumiln's camp and USC(there obviously would not have been anyway, as the season is still going on). So essentially our bet would have had to happen in the offseason for it to really work out...as that would be the only time we would get any real confirmation of a job offer.

All that said, congrats on locking him up for the next six years.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I just can't stop laughing at that selfie avatar, gets me every time...

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    He is an average coach at best.
    yeah, not exciting news, not bad news. Just meh.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We weren't supposed to compete in the SEC. We have because of Manziel, Sumlin's system, etc. He's recruited better than any coach in our history.
    Compete is a subjective word, you play all the games on your schedule but outside of catching Bama sleeping last year, you really haven't competed. This year you lost to all the ranked teams you played with the exception of Ole Miss.

I'd say Missouri is the one that has truly competed since joining. You have gone from top 5 ranking to unranked.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Compete is a subjective word, you play all the games on your schedule but outside of catching Bama sleeping last year, you really haven't competed. This year you lost to all the ranked teams you played with the exception of Ole Miss.

I'd say Missouri is the one that has truly competed since joining. You have gone from top 5 ranking to unranked.
    Sumlin is 19-6 at A&M with a Heisman trophy winner, Outland trophy winner, and recruiting top 5 nationally. The team was 6-6 in the B12 the year before he took over. So he lost as many games as the previous team did in one season in his first two in a conference we were supposed to be a bottom feeder in, according to many.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Sumlin is 19-6 at A&M with a Heisman trophy winner, Outland trophy winner, and recruiting top 5 nationally. The team was 6-6 in the B12 the year before he took over. So he lost as many games as the previous team did in one season in his first two in a conference we were supposed to be a bottom feeder in, according to many.
    if only A&M had stayed.

.....what might have been......

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    if only A&M had stayed.

.....what might have been......
    Glad we didn't.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sumlin is average. And will look even moreso when Manziel leaves. Nice job A&M.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Glad we didn't.
    that chick fil a bowl with Aggy vs Duke is gon be awesome.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    yeah, not exciting news, not bad news. Just meh.
    Kingsbury

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    giving an extension out of fear he was leaving for the Texans.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    giving an extension out of fear he was leaving for the Texans.
    This probably had more to do with it than USC tbh.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Steve Alfred 2.0

Post Count
    He didn't recruit Manziel and the buzz of playing in the SEC isn't going to last forever. Sumlin is looking more and more like an incredibly average coach the more we see him.

Thread Information