Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is flopping how Patty got the game clinching FTAs?
    Then drama queen lying on the floor for effect?

Boxscore claims Berti fouled Patty with 6 seconds left.
    Nah, he flopped when guarding Beal who shot and missed, but got the uncontested rebound off his miss and got an and-1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 out of 3. Manu missed 13 games his first season which is pretty much the same as White's 15. Manu missed 17 games in his fourth year which is pretty comparable to this year when you take out COVID.
    How can it be comparable when he missed more games in less games scheduled?

Anyways, I hope you are right and I'm overreacting, but the dude seems to get hurt every other week for such a short career. I will grant you that if you didn't bring the numbers I thought he had missed a lot more time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I know why I thought White had missed more time. Didn't he get injured at the end of last season when we were fighting for a playoffs spot? Not only did he get injured at a crucial time, he probably would have missed a lot more time if not for the season ending right there. He ended last season with an injury, and started this one the same way, and now he gets hurt again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So white has missed considerable time because of injuries in 2 out of 3 seasons (not counting his rookie one because he barely played) and you are telling me that's somewhat good? Manu didn't miss anywhere near that many games in his first 3 seasons. In fact, he didn't miss any relevant portion of time untill his 7th season.

I love White. I'm one of his biggest fans, even to the point of thinking he's our best player, but, so far, he has proven to be very injury prone, specially for such a short career. Hopefully that changes.
    He’s not injury prone in this game, anyone landing on a foot like this gets an ankle sprain, that’s just bad luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad the Spurs won, but this game represented everything wrong with the league.
    Weirdly, only 12 threes were made despite the score. But essentially, a good player goes where he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can it be comparable when he missed more games in less games scheduled?

Anyways, I hope you are right and I'm overreacting, but the dude seems to get hurt every other week for such a short career. I will grant you that if you didn't bring the numbers I thought he had missed a lot more time.
    Its comparable because this season is like no other. Manu didn't have to worry about COVID, and he didn't have to play a condensed season with little to no offseason for rest/repair.

I do think that if this happens again next year, then yeah, we have to really worry. I mean its probably OK to really worry right now, but a lot of players have seasons where they miss a ton of games in the span of their career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Joel Embiid pretty much injured for the first two years of his career? Looks like he hasn't had too many problems since.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Joel Embiid pretty much injured for the first two years of his career? Looks like he hasn't had too many problems since.
    After his injury Embiid missed: 51, 18, 19, 21 games. This season he has already missed 19 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After his injury Embiid missed: 51, 18, 19, 21 games. This season he has already missed 19 games.
    So Embiid is the definition of a true glass cannon. White will be fine. If anything, it shows how important it is to have depth and how disappointing Lonnie has been. If Lonnie met half his potential, White being out for awhile wouldn't be as worrisome (for playoff hopes).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kinda hard to believe Derrick White is less than 100 days away from his 27th birthday... He's thought of as one of the "young guys," but he's really about to enter his peak time as an athlete. I hope he can get in a couple games before the play in game(s).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not injury prone in this game, anyone landing on a foot like this gets an ankle sprain, that’s just bad luck.
    Some players just have a bigger tendency of falling into these kind of plays more often.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really no spinning the fact that DWhite is injury prone tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some players just have a bigger tendency of falling into these kind of plays more often.
    That’s what I’m saying, bad luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s what I’m saying, bad luck.
    That's also part of being injury prone, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's also part of being injury prone, tbh.
    Not sure about that, being injury prone is mostly having a fragile body.

Thread Information