Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t know Spurs waived Cam Reynolds. Happy for the kid for making the US Men’s Select team.

https://twitter.com/camocinco/status...284403712?s=21
    Last edited by John B; 07-02-2021 at 08:21 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

On a related tangent, does anyone else feel like Keldon's rise has been.... Muted, somehow? Maybe because of the pandemic and all that's been going on, but you take a step back.... This guy was a 29th pick, and in his second year (his first NBA year even, after spending the entire first season in a different, lower league!), has already been selected to the NBA Rising Stars game (that sadly didn't take place due to COVID), and now selected to the USA Select Team roster. These aren't small feats by any stretch, especially for a non-lottery pick, and yet I'm not seeing nor hearing any kind of buzz towards it. Most of the league probably doesn't even recognize Keldon. I guess the "small market curse" plays a part as well, but idk... He's really, actually, on a path to s om, at least the beginnings of it. Wild to think about.
    He wasn't quite the same after coming back from COVID protocol. That actually took the wind out of the entire season. The team was gelling and had a stretch of very winnable games ahead of them. They come back to a very compressed season with guys not quite at 100%. LeMarcus bolts about the same time and the season is completely different after that.

Keldon was taking over games at that point, and he never really returned to that level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasn't quite the same after coming back from COVID protocol. That actually took the wind out of the entire season. The team was gelling and had a stretch of very winnable games ahead of them. They come back to a very compressed season with guys not quite at 100%. LeMarcus bolts about the same time and the season is completely different after that.

Keldon was taking over games at that point, and he never really returned to that level.
    The League also saddled the Spurs with an ungodly stretch to end the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Keldon show up in a lot of list for top young players. More so than I've seen from any spur tbh. He definitely fell off once he got scared to shoot at thr end of the season. Became very one dimensional but was still putting up good enough stats with his opportunities.

If he can get his Bubble shot going again, it would do wonders for him. I wonder if he's adjusting something with skip and that's the reason for the inconsistency.

I have faith in him and vassell. Really hope the spurs let these young kids take over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Keldon show up in a lot of list for top young players. More so than I've seen from any spur tbh. He definitely fell off once he got scared to shoot at thr end of the season. Became very one dimensional but was still putting up good enough stats with his opportunities.

If he can get his Bubble shot going again, it would do wonders for him. I wonder if he's adjusting something with skip and that's the reason for the inconsistency.

I have faith in him and vassell. Really hope the spurs let these young kids take over.
    I see those two as the real future of the spurs and not so much the other young guns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what specifically is impressing Reynolds about his former Spurs teammate? He says it's Johnson's improved shot and comfortability on the court.

"I think he's being freer. He's just finding himself," Reynolds said. "He's shooting the ball really well, attacking, doing what he does. I think he's getting more comfortable out there on the court."
    He also notes the game is starting to slow down for Johnson.
    Said Reynolds: "And the game is becoming second nature to him."

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/s...keldon-johnson

after hitting the “rookie wall” this past season, could we see a rise to s om from Keldon next season? Hmm…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs have the worst future in all of sports history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to realize that teams finally got around to a plan as to how to play him on both ends of the court after he got some playing time. It's the little adjustments that teams do when they have enough info to study a player that tend to slow down a rookie's development. He has to recognize how they are playing him on offense and defense and make his own adjustments with the help of the coaches. I believe he has the work ethic to come back and make the adjustments necessary when he is on the court. Some players never do this and attempt to bull their way though without tuning up their game. They don't last long.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs have the worst future in all of sports history

If you're going to troll, at least make it sound believable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

promotion, baby!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a goofball. gonna be a great glue guy if he doesn't reach s om

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a goofball. gonna be a great glue guy if he doesn't reach s om
    I hope this team finds its superstar. Keldon could have a Manu or Pippen-ish type career alongside a star player.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope this team finds its superstar. Keldon could have a Manu or Pippen-ish type career alongside a star player.
    So you're out on Keldon as the guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recall that 20 pt/ 20 reb game this past season and I’m still getting Barkley vibes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want the Spurs to stop playing Keldon at PF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest question with Keldon is does he have the lateral quickness to guard 3s? IMO that’s the Achilles heel of his game. While KJ gave max effort his defensive rating was 113.8. The only 3 players on the team that were worse were Quindary, IV, and DDR. I believe KJ will put in the work to raise the level of his offense. Lack of size makes guarding 4s tough and lack of lateral quickness will make it difficult to guard 3s.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop playing undersized altogether. 's been going on for near a decade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest question with Keldon is does he have the lateral quickness to guard 3s? IMO that’s the Achilles heel of his game. While KJ gave max effort his defensive rating was 113.8. The only 3 players on the team that were worse were Quindary, IV, and DDR. I believe KJ will put in the work to raise the level of his offense. Lack of size makes guarding 4s tough and lack of lateral quickness will make it difficult to guard 3s.
    Stop playing undersized altogether. 's been going on for near a decade.
    Honestly, I’m slowly accepting it. Jae Crowder is 6’6” and is out there as a 4 and he’s doing fine. Keldon can become a Jae Crowder type 4, but hopefully better.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're out on Keldon as the guy?
    No, I wouldn’t 100% rule it out but even if he has a nice leap next season I still think he’s a ways off from being a nightly superstar.

We haven’t really seen the full iden y of what he is as a player. This team doesn’t even have an iden y yet. So until then I think he has the makings of a great compliment semi-star or upper tier role/utility player.

I think we’ll learn a lot this season about what he’s really going to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I’m slowly accepting it. Jae Crowder is 6’6” and is out there as a 4 and he’s doing fine. Keldon can become a Jae Crowder type 4, but hopefully better.
    Yea but are our expectations for him to be Jae Crowder? If so that’s a very low bar. Jae Crowder is like their 5th or 6th option on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea but are our expectations for him to be Jae Crowder? If so that’s a very low bar. Jae Crowder is like their 5th or 6th option on offense.
    More 3's, more of an in-between game, better handles = a more dynamic Keldon who will have great impact on the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More 3's, more of an in-between game, better handles = a more dynamic Keldon who will have great impact on the Spurs
    Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart, Patrick Beverly, and PJ Tuckers of the NBA are good but they are good because of their strength and defense. Those types cannot be relied upon for consistent scoring because all their energy is to bang their bodies around often against bigger players going at them. I don’t think
    Keldon is suited for that, his defense is pretty bad for now even though he has a good mindset for it. His offense however has more potential so pairing with someone like that beside him can cover some of those flaws might work out. Moses Moody/Samanic would be a good pairing with him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference is, Crowder is probably 240-245 (listed at 235, but that's his drafted weight and more than likely long outdated), with even more rudimentary ball skills than Johnson.

Ideally, Johnson would start at the 3 (if the 4 is a big wing type like Kuzma or Samanic, they can occasionally cross match), then play some 4 as matchups dictate.

Thread Information