San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes not even worth 2 firsts...barely 1 tbh

Morey can go Simmons and call it a day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus

Zach Harper of The Athletic offered a mock 2021 NBA Draft and mentioned the Cavs’ short pursuit of Simmons.

“League sources said brief conversations between Cleveland and Philadelphia were explored, but an asking price of every young player the Cavs value plus multiple first-round picks in the future wasn’t something they’d consider,” Harper wrote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus

Zach Harper of The Athletic offered a mock 2021 NBA Draft and mentioned the Cavs’ short pursuit of Simmons.

The Philly brass is delusional about their player’s value. They should post on Spurstalk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus

There's something called a Dutch auction, where instead of bidding upward, the price starts high and then comes down. Whoever wants to buy it then calls and takes it at that price.

Except that's not what Morey is doing. He legitimately wants to piss off and amuse everyone in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes not even worth 2 firsts...barely 1 tbh

Morey can go Simmons and call it a day
    I’d give 2 firsts plus anybody on our roster and not think twice

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs - Lakers: DeRozan - Kuzma, Harrell, pick 1rnd 21 Lakers
    Spurs - 76ers: Poeltl, Keldon, Murray, pick 1rnd 21 Lakers, pick 1rnd 2023 Spurs - Simmons
    Sign Collins 110/4 (Markanen 70/4), Sign, Oubry 70/4.
    Mills 18/2, Dieng 12/2
    Kispert - 12 pick

White, Mills, Jones
    Simmons, Walker, Vassell
    Oubry, Kispert
    Kuzma, Harrell, Samanić
    Collins, Dieng, Eubanks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously when you negotiate you start very high just so you won't have to fall too much because your offer will eventualy fall but this is absurd even for negotiating purposes. He's trying to find the dumbest GM in the league and maybe he will, there's always someone. Who would've thought that Draymond Green 2.0 would have a starting price that big.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus

All the GMs that would make that trade are no longer in the league. https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/stor...simmons/060224

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the GMs that would make that trade are no longer in the league. https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/stor...simmons/060224
    Sadly, Wes Unseld was unable to make it after he accidentally traded his first-class Delta Airlines ticket to Houston for three Southwest Airlines tickets to Atlanta.

Pure gold
    Last edited by exstatic; 07-29-2021 at 03:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest is Morey wanted the Warriors to give him Wiggins, Wiseman, the #7, the #14, plus two future first round draft picks.

No idea what Morey is doing here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest is Morey wanted the Warriors to give him Wiggins, Wiseman, the #7, the #14, plus two future first round draft picks.

Sounds like he’s trying to set up an excuse - that he can tell the fans - to keep Simmons. “I tried everything with all the teams in the league but there weren’t any takers.” Are the 76er fans dumb enough to buy it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That’s crazy, to be honest as GS I would consider Wiggins, Wiseman, and a first for Simmons but not anything more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This doesn't make sense to me as an actual trade demand. For one, Wiggins is a highly paid, inefficient player that is generally thought of as a bad contract trade in every scenario. Wiseman is questionable if he's any good, but certainly he is not worth much unless they either trade Embid or Embid gets injured. I guess he could start maybe 20 games a season that Embid takes off. And if you have Embid and you are in win now mode, why would you want to trade for two first rounders that would take 3-4 years to develop. That's basically wasting Embid's best years. The only trade that makes sense is getting a player on Simmon's level back. I could see if you could get a package of players that ulatively help 76ers's depth. Like I would think that Philly would think hard about a DDR, White or Murrey, and another young guy or pick player in a trade. I actually think Simmons is a good player and is getting a bad rap for a poor playoff performance. I've seen him play dominant basketball when Embid has been out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d give 2 firsts plus anybody on our roster and not think twice
    This sounds about right. Though I'd definitely prefer to keep white over Murray. I don't think Simmons is as bad as people think right now because of his playoff performance. He's still better than anyone we have. But I wouldn't break the bank for him. Hope the Spurs continue to engage with Philly and see if Morey lowers his price

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This doesn't make sense to me as an actual trade demand. For one, Wiggins is a highly paid, inefficient player that is generally thought of as a bad contract trade in every scenario. Wiseman is questionable if he's any good, but certainly he is not worth much unless they either trade Embid or Embid gets injured. I guess he could start maybe 20 games a season that Embid takes off. And if you have Embid and you are in win now mode, why would you want to trade for two first rounders that would take 3-4 years to develop. That's basically wasting Embid's best years. The only trade that makes sense is getting a player on Simmon's level back. I could see if you could get a package of players that ulatively help 76ers's depth. Like I would think that Philly would think hard about a DDR, White or Murrey, and another young guy or pick player in a trade. I actually think Simmons is a good player and is getting a bad rap for a poor playoff performance. I've seen him play dominant basketball when Embid has been out.
    You need Wiggins for the salary. Wiseman isn't a lost cause, and then it's four draft picks with two of them very high.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need Wiggins for the salary. Wiseman isn't a lost cause, and then it's four draft picks with two of them very high.
    Yes, but why not just trade him to Portland for McCollum and something. Then you are compe ive with Embid. Wiggins is salary, but he isn't a good player that will help them win. Wiseman may not be a lost cause, but he's two or three years away, same with the draft picks. Embid has a short shelf life because of his injury history. They need players they can win with now, not in 3-4 years, unless they are going to trade Embid too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like he’s trying to set up an excuse - that he can tell the fans - to keep Simmons. “I tried everything with all the teams in the league but there weren’t any takers.” Are the 76er fans dumb enough to buy it?
    Yes, yes they are...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the odds of any of those draft picks becoming great? And six years from now maybe? Who cares trade em

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 FIRSTS FOR SIMMONS!?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At first i read the le as spurs reject six offers for simmons
    Jonathon Simmons has had more playoff success than Ben.

That should tell you something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what's it going to be: Murray, Young, Primo and Samanic (and at least that Bulls pick if not another first) for Ben? Would explain the extra contracts, the obsession with shooters and the silence/lack of play from those players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be bigger with Poeltl being added (explaining why the Spurs signed two centers). Assuming Murray and not White because of the DJM's behavior, but that could be a smokescreen.

Simmons, Forbes, Jones
    White, Walker (Jeffries)
    Johnson, Vassell, Wieskamp
    McD, KBD, Aminu
    Poeltl, Collins, Eubanks, SOB

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This obsession with getting rid of Murray bro stop clinging to every last hope

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be bigger with Poeltl being added (explaining why the Spurs signed two centers). Assuming Murray and not White because of the DJM's behavior, but that could be a smokescreen.

Simmons, Forbes, Jones
    White, Walker (Jeffries)
    Johnson, Vassell, Wieskamp
    McD, KBD, Aminu
    Poeltl, Collins, Eubanks, SOB
    Could be but I'd bet real money that Morey would prioritize getting White over Murray simply because he has better outside shooting..

Thread Information