Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Jonathon Isaac? Up and coming 3 and d player. Orlando starting off slow they gotta do something
    Magic love him. Gordon would be on the table though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Jonathon Isaac? Up and coming 3 and d player. Orlando starting off slow they gotta do something
    Gordon is available...Myles turner is available...and gallinari is available...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this years draft is weak and we already have a few prospects that may look for playing time next year, maybe we can package our first (protected) a player for a decent forward.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the flip side:

Nephew sat out last night against Milwaukee, for load management purposes. Montrezl Harrell and Lou Williams had 34 points each. (Plus a lot more - incredible stat lines for both.)

So how did the Clippers get those two ass-kickers? Houston traded both of them, plus Patrick Beverly, plus some other players and a pick - in exchange for Chris Paul. That was a "win now" trade if there ever was one. Houston got their asses handed to them in the playoffs anyway. CP3 is gone. And Harrell/Williams are capable of putting up 34 each in the same game. Remember when people here ranted about how great Houston's GM was? It's hard to get this right.

The Spurs' FO two biggest mistakes in the last few years were Pau and Patty. Those contracts took a lot of other options off the table. They made guys like Beli the "best available". (Not really - just the best the Spurs could afford.) The Nephew trade was forced on them, regardless of how you think they got to that point. Morris is a chicken that would have been a good player just the same. And the draft? Spurs fans would have had a fit if PATFO had drafted another redheaded white boy - not to mention the fact that Huerter is shooting something like .280 from beyond the arc this year.

Every team in the league is looking for strong, athletic forwards who can post up and shoot the 3. Nobody is going to have a fire sale on a good one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would be the point though if Pop wouldn't even play that draft pick.
    so true. He passed up on guys last year that are playing well now. However, if the spurs got those guys they wouldn’t even see the floor

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the no fire sale comment. That's why I think realistically, the person that mentioned Gordon, Turner and Gallinari as options is right on. Gordon has a big contract and under achieved so far, Turner they may not be able to resign now that they paid Sabonis and Gallinari is injury prone... it's not like I'm suggesting that we are getting Giannis!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yah most teams would have Lonnie playing already... even K. Johnson may play for some teams. He is 20 years old and has size...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest there is talent on this team, but the system and style sucks. This years NBA is anyone's for the taking. Lakers and Clips are beatable by many teams. I don't like DDR but if he is used differently then maybe something can happen. But pop does need to change something cause it's hard to watch at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops not gonna play whatever draft pick it is anyway.
    true. That pick will end up spending his first season in Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the no fire sale comment. That's why I think realistically, the person that mentioned Gordon, Turner and Gallinari as options is right on. Gordon has a big contract and under achieved so far, Turner they may not be able to resign now that they paid Sabonis and Gallinari is injury prone... it's not like I'm suggesting that we are getting Giannis!

I think you're trying to make serious suggestions, so I'm going to try not to make a smart-ass response. But do this for me: look over the Spurs' roster and find the roughly $20M in salaries that they would have to ship out, in order to bring Gordon. Then ask yourself, seriously, whether Orlando would actually let him go in exchange for those players. More importantly, WHY would they?

Turner is undersized, even for the 3, and the last couple of seasons he's been playing as a point/shooting guard. His minutes have been in steady decline, and he's got an $18M+ salary that would have to be matched. Not only that, but he's expiring, which means the Spurs would have to offer ATL something more appealing than that huge chunk of cap they're going to reclaim next season.

I'm not as big of a Gallo fan as some, but I can't deny the numbers. But the most meaningful number, IMO, is the $22.6M salary and the fact that the Spurs would have to renegotiate for his services next year. I can't deny that Gallinari would make this team better - but I'll leave it up to you to come up with a trade scenario that works and that there would be a prayer of getting OKC to accept.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're trying to make serious suggestions, so I'm going to try not to make a smart-ass response. But do this for me: look over the Spurs' roster and find the roughly $20M in salaries that they would have to ship out, in order to bring Gordon. Then ask yourself, seriously, whether Orlando would actually let him go in exchange for those players. More importantly, WHY would they?

Turner is undersized, even for the 3, and the last couple of seasons he's been playing as a point/shooting guard. His minutes have been in steady decline, and he's got an $18M+ salary that would have to be matched. Not only that, but he's expiring, which means the Spurs would have to offer ATL something more appealing than that huge chunk of cap they're going to reclaim next season.

I'm not as big of a Gallo fan as some, but I can't deny the numbers. But the most meaningful number, IMO, is the $22.6M salary and the fact that the Spurs would have to renegotiate for his services next year. I can't deny that Gallinari would make this team better - but I'll leave it up to you to come up with a trade scenario that works and that there would be a prayer of getting OKC to accept.
    Maybe one of team would take Belli and Mills in exchange the said player and a rookie? lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair question... the exact trade would be hard to predict as a third team involved is always an option. But something along the lines of Gay, a filler and a first for Gallinari or similar for Gordon. Or Gordon, filler and a first to SA for Derozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft pick? This isn't the NFL. Rarely do you get better quickly through the draft unless you get a premium player like Duncan, LeBron, Durant, AD, Kyrie etc and guys that good just aren't available every year. Look at the year Anthony Bennett was picked #1 overall and he's been out of the league for a long time. Mike Olowokandi Kwame Brown ... DeAndre Ayton from last year is already having problems.

Some years are just complete duds for the draft and that's why teams tend to stay at the bottom longer in the NBA than in other sports leagues. With a couple notable exceptions to the rule (TD era Spurs), you achieve ultimate glory by buying, not building.

I'm afraid we are stuck with the current team. While draft picks are really are a hit or miss-I'd be reluctant to include in a trade just to trade. I don't see any of those listed previously as making this team better long term- maybe short term- but not to the point of being a contender. As pointed out above you could end up marginally improving the team and restricting long term.
    I think you ride this out this year-and see where things are.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm afraid we are stuck with the current team. While draft picks are really are a hit or miss-I'd be reluctant to include in a trade just to trade. I don't see any of those listed previously as making this team better long term- maybe short term- but not to the point of being a contender. As pointed out above you could end up marginally improving the team and restricting long term.
    I think you ride this out this year-and see where things are.

I'm pretty sure that's what will happen. Mostly standing still and hoping for internal improvement... I'm sure it's the way to go, just being impatient lately!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure that's what will happen. Mostly standing still and hoping for internal improvement... I'm sure it's the way to go, just being impatient lately!
    I think fan frustration levels are high.
    For the first time in over two decades it's hard to see definitively that this team could be really good or has an outside chance in the near future.
    The closest the Spurs currently have in a player with potential star power is DJM, and he has as many negatives as positives.
    It happens to all dynasties or whatever you wish to call the Spurs run. They almost avoided it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most pieces we'd like to get are in the 15-20 million range. That means trade DeRozan or Mills. Pop won't trade Mills and I doubt he'll trade DeRozan. That means Carroll, Lyles and Belinelli for 1 player. He won't do that either cause the team would lose depth. Just prepare for standing pat as usual.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Miles Turner (not Evan)- a package for him would center around LMA. Their FO and their coach still likes him. Would they do it? No idea, but that's where the package starts.

Gordon trade would only happen if Orlando is ready to move off of his money (and there are rumors floating around that they are ready). It's hard to make that one work honestly. It would have to be a larger trade featuring LMA or DDR and include Fournier coming back.

Gallinari- he has no long term value to OKC. A package with expiring contracts plus our 1st would most likely get it done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most pieces we'd like to get are in the 15-20 million range. That means trade DeRozan or Mills. Pop won't trade Mills and I doubt he'll trade DeRozan. That means Carroll, Lyles and Belinelli for 1 player. He won't do that either cause the team would lose depth. Just prepare for standing pat as usual.

That's always the most likely scenario with this FO...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miles Turner (not Evan)- a package for him would center around LMA. Their FO and their coach still likes him. Would they do it? No idea, but that's where the package starts.

Gordon trade would only happen if Orlando is ready to move off of his money (and there are rumors floating around that they are ready). It's hard to make that one work honestly. It would have to be a larger trade featuring LMA or DDR and include Fournier coming back.

Gallinari- he has no long term value to OKC. A package with expiring contracts plus our 1st would most likely get it done.
    That's probably all on point. Gordon makes over 19 millions this year, I think he has 2 years left after on his contract and so far he is a averaging just 13 points per game on plenty of minutes but for the Spurs, he would fill a need and gets rebounds, he is just 24 years old.

Gallinari I would think would cost us less and I don't value our first round pick this year very highly (I don't think that player would play much anytime soon...) more of a low risk/ low excitement move as he is 31 years old but is a better shooter.

Miles Turner, I haven't watched him as much and he is a bigger guy, so as you mentioned, most likely LaMarcus would be involved. Maybe that trade would allow the Spurs to be a much faster team...

We will probably hold still, but a move involving DD for Gordon and Aldridge for Turner would make the Spurs young, fast and exciting...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's probably all on point. Gordon makes over 19 millions this year, I think he has 2 years left after on his contract and so far he is a averaging just 13 points per game on plenty of minutes but for the Spurs, he would fill a need and gets rebounds, he is just 24 years old.

Gallinari I would think would cost us less and I don't value our first round pick this year very highly (I don't think that player would play much anytime soon...) more of a low risk/ low excitement move as he is 31 years old but is a better shooter.

Miles Turner, I haven't watched him as much and he is a bigger guy, so as you mentioned, most likely LaMarcus would be involved. Maybe that trade would allow the Spurs to be a much faster team...

We will probably hold still, but a move involving DD for Gordon and Aldridge for Turner would make the Spurs young, fast and exciting...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What the are you talking about with the "Myles Turner" bull ? Myles Turner is a 6'11" center who occasionally plays a nominal PF role (but rarely ever). The OP wasn't talking about Myles ing Turner in a thread about trading for a forward. If he was, the whole thread is just too stupid for words. Aldridge's salary is $8M more than Myles Turner, too, so they would have to make up that gap with a player or two that the Spurs have no roster space for.

Everything else held equal, the last team OKC would choose to make better is the Spurs. It's hard to predict what they're thinking, since they obviously went into blow-it-up mode. But they're in the business of building for the future. You're saying that they would trade Gallo for a pick that's probably going to be in the 17-20 range (unless the wheels finally come all the way off the Spurs, which will only be if they decide to rebuild.) They can get that anywhere. Anywhere. There's absolutely zero reason why it would wind up being the Spurs.

But of the three, you're willing to admit that the Gordon trade would be problematic? NONE of them are going to happen. NONE of them could happen. And now you have the OP quoting you, because you gave some daylight to his thread proposals. I haven't squashed any mortals like bugs this whole week - don't be the first.
    Stop it... just stop it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will never trade during the season but what about Demar Derozan & Lonnie walker for Harrison Barnes and Bogdan Bogdanovich?? Demar would be an upgrade over Barnes for the kings plus they get a potentially scary ass back court with fox/walker.... and I think Barnes and Bogdan would fit well with the spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the are you talking about with the "Myles Turner" bull ? Myles Turner is a 6'11" center who occasionally plays a nominal PF role (but rarely ever). The OP wasn't talking about Myles ing Turner in a thread about trading for a forward. If he was, the whole thread is just too stupid for words. Aldridge's salary is $8M more than Myles Turner, too, so they would have to make up that gap with a player or two that the Spurs have no roster space for.

Everything else held equal, the last team OKC would choose to make better is the Spurs. It's hard to predict what they're thinking, since they obviously went into blow-it-up mode. But they're in the business of building for the future. You're saying that they would trade Gallo for a pick that's probably going to be in the 17-20 range (unless the wheels finally come all the way off the Spurs, which will only be if they decide to rebuild.) They can get that anywhere. Anywhere. There's absolutely zero reason why it would wind up being the Spurs.

But of the three, you're willing to admit that the Gordon trade would be problematic? NONE of them are going to happen. NONE of them could happen. And now you have the OP quoting you, because you gave some daylight to his thread proposals. I haven't squashed any mortals like bugs this whole week - don't be the first.
    Stop it... just stop it.
    If you'd pay attention just a little bit you'd realize the OP never mentioned anyone named Turner. I mentioned it in the context of who's on the market out there now. As for the trade, taking back another player isn't an issue when we can easily cut Metu or send him out in the trade.

As for okc, they wouldn't do the trade to help is out, they'd do it to help themselves if they don't have a better offer on the table.

I know you like to smell you're on brand but just go off with your low rent take and weak ass bravado ....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I was wondering how Evan Turner got into the discussion. A nice player but not someone to trade for.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Galli on the cheap would fit this team well if he plays often like he does now... 14 points in 14 minutes at the half, 3/4 for 3. 6 or 7 free throw attempts. He certainly stretches the floor.

Thread Information