Page 22 of 281 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from WR Devin Duvernay of Sachse (24/7):

“I used to talk to Coach Rumph all the time. He was a great guy to talk to. But once he left, things cut off for a little while,” Duvernay said. “But now I’m talking to Coach Norvell a lot. I talked to him a little bit when I was at Oklahoma, and I really like what he’s been saying so far. He’s a really cool guy.”

“I really like Texas. I was really mad I wasn’t able to go to junior day because it iced over here,” Duvernay said. “But I’m definitely still looking at them. I’m trying to get up there this spring. I just have to set everything up.”

“I’ve been very impressed with what Coach Strong has been able to do and the at ude he’s brought to the university,” Duvernay said. “I really think Texas is going to be great again in the future.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    LB DeMarco Boyd (Gilmer) and WR Reggie Hemphill (Manvel)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

hamiltonESPN: #Alabama the latest to offer #ESPNJr300 WR & #Longhorns commit @c_johnsonVC5. 6-4 w/excellent ball skills & timing http://t.co/St6c1zu03O

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from WR Dee Anderson of West Mesquite (24/7):

“I decided to commit to LSU because it’s a family atmosphere,” he said. “The games are pretty wild, and the coaches love me. That’s all there really is to say about that. It was just a good fit for me.”

“Texas is coming at me hard, man!” Anderson said with a laugh. “I like Texas, but as of right now, I’m 100 percent solid to LSU. But when it comes down to it, I will probably consider Texas.”

“Coach (Jay) Norvell really wants to get me down there for a visit,” Anderson said. “They want me to meet with the entire coaching staff, see the campus and all of that. Right now, I’m not sure when I’ll make it down there.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M has offered QB Dillon Sterling-Cole of Spring Westfield:

http://247sports.com/Player/Dillon-Sterling-Cole-29641

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2876294/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    S Eric Monroe (Galena Park North Shore)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DL vs OL 1 on 1 final 5 from the Dallas regional for The Opening

http://youtu.be/YsQJYmTO6eU

NOTABLES:

Kendall Jones
    Greg Little
    Erik Fowler

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Scout said this morning they believe TE Donte Coleman of West Mesquite will be offered once he visits the UT campus.

It's possible both he and WR Dee Anderson are in Austin next week for Texas Relays.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per Scout, WR Tre Nixon of Melbourne, FL is planning a visit to UT for a spring practice.

He spoke with Coach Norvell as recently as last week.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If any of you are paying attention to the presidential selection process for UT, Andrew Hamilton of Oxford is going to NYU:

http://nyulocal.com/on-campus/2015/0...nyu-president/

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Wow

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quick quotes from DE/LB Erick Fowler of Manor (24/7).

He is the step-brother of DT Desmond Jackson for anyone that doesn't know.

“Of course,” Fowler said when asked is his family was pushing him to commit to Texas. “My whole family loves Texas. I grew up a Texas fan, and everybody in my family is like the biggest Texas fan ever. For me to play for Texas would be a blessing.”

“I’ve talked to Coach (Vance) Bedford about it, and he definitely wants me as an outside linebacker,” Fowler said. “I think that’s the best fit for me. We actually run the same defense at Manor as Texas does, so nothing would change.”

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DL vs OL 1 on 1 final 5 from the Dallas regional for The Opening

http://youtu.be/YsQJYmTO6eU

NOTABLES:

Kendall Jones
    Greg Little
    Erik Fowler
    Much tougher on the o line without pads.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    All of the testing results from the "The Opening" regional in Dallas:

http://www.studentsports.com/footbal...sting-results/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on S PJ Locke of Beaumont Central (OrangeBloods):

"They (Texas) offered me something like three days before signing day. I turned them down at first. I was actually pretty mad at Texas for basically giving me three days to think about something so important for three or four years. I was unhappy about it," Locke said. "They were the only school in Texas that hadn't offered me yet. Texas was always my dream school. I gave it some thought, turned them down. Then I couldn't sleep, I thought there was something more to it, so I gave them another chance and stated talking things out and made my final decision."

"I didn't want to place a financial burden on (my parents). For them to fly back and forth from Texas to Oregon, then hotels, tickets, that's spending a lot of money," Locke said. "Realistically, how many games would they make, maybe two or three? There really were no close games."

"Then I started thinking about Texas, every game is pretty much a home game. It's just a better situation for my family and everything. I really didn't take that into consideration at first when I committed to Oregon. It was pretty hard letting go, after being loyal for so long."

"The good thing about the Texas plan, we had a strength and conditioning coach from Texas that worked at our school. So it's not really that much different from what I had been doing," Locke said. "All the workouts they have listed, I know every workout. It's weights, we have running days, certain days I don't do any weights, just do plyometrics or static stretching. It's a really good program."

"It was great. We kind of went over schemes, how I fit in their situation. That was the biggest question I had, how everybody feels, how I fit into their scheme," Locke said. "They offered so late, I didn't want to feel like I was just a guy they picked up because somebody else decommitted. I asked how I fit in their scheme, I had a great feeling about it, left with a smile on my face."

"Being a big body, being versatile, I can play on the outside, can play safety, can play in the box," Locke said. "It's kind of a rare breed of a DB being able to play each position and also play in the box. Some are too small to play safety. Some don't have the cover skills for corner. They (UT coaches) said I have it all in one."

Thread Information