My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft Combine Participants per Shams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so, kispert, bouknight, jalen johnson, keon johnson, kai jones, tre mann, trey murphy, moses moody, cameron thomas, JT thor, ziare williams, prkacin and isaiah jackson appear to be the ones that will draw a lot of interest from the ST followers of the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wait, no Wagner? Draft promise? Taking the Vassell route? Hmm….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m reeeeally surprised Evan Mobley is participating. You’re a #2 lock…why participate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i noticed that. i was trying to figure out if there was anyone else on ST's radar that was missing from that list (other than the international players with commitments to their national teams).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign me the fck up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys know more. But is it because some International Players might not be available? I was already looking for Wagner and Giddey. But is that good for Spurs to have them go under the radar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so, kispert, bouknight, jalen johnson, keon johnson, kai jones, tre mann, trey murphy, moses moody, cameron thomas, JT thor, ziare williams, prkacin and isaiah jackson appear to be the ones that will draw a lot of interest from the ST followers of the draft.
    Although drafting in a later spot at the time, standout combine participants in either the games (D. White, Samanic, G. Hill), interviews (Keldon, Lonnie Walker, Kyle Anderson) and athletic testing (Samanic, Lonnie Walker - to name but a few), have often been involved with a Spurs pick. Could be purely coincidental...

For example, A report on Samanic post combine:
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2...her-takeaways/

1. Keep an eye on Luka Samanic

International players will be few and far between in the first round. But it may have expanded by one after Thursday following a complete showing from Croatian sensation Luka Samanic.
    Samanic balled out in the scrimmage portion of Thursday's combine, scoring 13 points in a stellar outing in fewer than 20 minutes played. The 6-foot-9 1/2 forward tested well, too, with a shuttle run, max vertical leap and three-quarter court sprint that all rated inside the top five of draft-eligible players at his position.

Samanic showed off a pure, smooth shooting stroke that netted him a 5-for-7 outing in his scrimmage. And better yet, Samanic showed the type of agility and versatility that NBA scouts were thrilled to see. Samanic is the No. 37 prospect on the CBS Sports Big Board, but may be a big riser upon the imminent update next week.
    Not feeling Ziaire Williams' game but one Rafael Barlow from NBADraft Junkies has credible intel that he may be 6'10" or taller now.

Edit: I imagine Evan Mobley, Green and Kuminga purely doing the physicals and perhaps some interviews?
    Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 06-15-2021 at 05:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys know more. But is it because some International Players might not be available? I was already looking for Wagner and Giddey. But is that good for Spurs to have them go under the radar?
    I have no idea if Wagner is going to play for Germany.

Sengun wasn’t expected to play for Turkey, right? He’s not here either…

No Suggs.

No Garuba.

No Duarte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey will be with the Australian national team. Not sure about Sengun.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea if Wagner is going to play for Germany.

Sengun wasn’t expected to play for Turkey, right? He’s not here either…

No Suggs.

No Garuba.

No Duarte.
    Sengun is on both U19 and national team roster this summer, they haven't make the cut already so we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JT Thor: https://youtu.be/Zy2-kiHPt8A

I’m still drinking the kool aid. So much upside for the modern NBA game.
    Interesting discussion developing Re:J.T and his age on twitter...Said to be 18 atm and turning 19 in August.
    Would make him one of the younger prospects in the draft. Interesting...

Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 06-15-2021 at 08:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edit: I imagine Evan Mobley, Green and Kuminga purely doing the physicals and perhaps some interviews?
    Usually, the high-end guys just get measured then do some running and jumping, no scrimmaging.

A few (or a lot) more than those you listed likely won't be playing in any games.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting discussing developing Re:J.T and his age on twitter...Said to be 18 atm and turning 19 in August.
    Would make him one of the younger prospects in the draft. Interesting...

For a potential second round pick, he has the coveted upside. I’m still learning more about him. Doesn’t seem to have great team concepts. Is evidently a horrendous inbound passer, which may be telling. But I’m intrigued by his defense. Maybe not as touted as Garuba’s, but the potential shotmaking now makes me like Thor more than Garuba, though Garuba is more polished at the moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 week away from draft lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daniel is Aaron Baynes' agent and his agency also represents Giddey. Kept him as a resource on twitter because he always has intel on Aussie players.

Daniel Moldovan
    AgentMoldovan
    1m
    Josh Giddey up to 220lbs this morning! Up 22 pounds in 12 months. That is one supersized PG headed to the USA. Hard work is undefeated #JustWait

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daniel is Aaron Baynes' agent and his agency also represents Giddey. Kept him as a resource on twitter because he always has intel on Aussie players.

Daniel Moldovan
    AgentMoldovan
    1m
    Josh Giddey up to 220lbs this morning! Up 22 pounds in 12 months. That is one supersized PG headed to the USA. Hard work is undefeated #JustWait

That weight is actually impressive. He could easily play wing at that weight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a potential second round pick, he has the coveted upside. I’m still learning more about him. Doesn’t seem to have great team concepts. Is evidently a horrendous inbound passer, which may be telling. But I’m intrigued by his defense. Maybe not as touted as Garuba’s, but the potential shotmaking now makes me like Thor more than Garuba, though Garuba is more polished at the moment.
    I would think he has to at least be given strong 1st round consideration with even the lottery not being a stretch.
    He could be one of the Combines’ big risers.

Interesting read from Pro Insight:

https://www.prospectiveinsight.com/post/pre-drafting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would think he has to at least be given strong 1st round consideration with even the lottery not being a stretch.

Good find!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. His solid rebounding is encouraging also.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily, i agree. Some people have concern about his position but having a wing body is a really good thing for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thor is having some big buzz right now, he could find his way into the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been watching film on guys and honestly there isn’t one guy I’d be disappointed if the spurs selected, I’m a fan of a lot of the guys

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily, i agree. Some people have concern about his position but having a wing body is a really good thing for him.
    I take glowing reports from agents about how their client has put on 20 lbs of muscle with large grains of salt...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take glowing reports from agents about how their client has put on 20 lbs of muscle with large grains of salt...
    That’s why they have a combine. I know he’s not going, but that’s where the rubber meets the road. You find out exact physical, and workout measurements.

Thread Information