Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo says their production is finally getting back to near 100%, so you might have a shot in the near future if you haven't landed one yet.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._supply_issues
    Awesome. I haven't looked in a while.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Half the compet.itive Smash Ultimate players have been outted as pedos. I should dust off my Switch and get good at the game, since there is no compe ion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nintendo says their production is finally getting back to near 100%, so you might have a shot in the near future if you haven't landed one yet.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._supply_issues
    Mr. Baseline, you seem to be in the know. Are they really gonna remake/remaster/rerelease some of the older Mario games on Switch? Like 64 and Sunshine?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mr. Baseline, you seem to be in the know. Are they really gonna remake/remaster/rerelease some of the older Mario games on Switch? Like 64 and Sunshine?
    Yeah, lots of leaks about a big pack of old Mario games coming out for the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros coming out on NES. Though if you want Mario64, there is actually a really nice PC port of it now. The ones I really want are Galaxy 1 & 2 since they look amazing upscaled to 1080p in Dolphin, but Dolphin kind of sucks for the motion controls so I'd still rather play them at 480p on my Wii when I do.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 07-04-2020 at 10:59 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, lots of leaks about a big pack of old Mario games coming out for the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros coming out on NES. Though if you want Mario64, there is actually a really nice PC port of it now. The ones I really want are Galaxy 1 & 2 since they look amazing upscaled to 1080p in Dolphin, but Dolphin kind of sucks for the motion controls so I'd still rather play them at 480p on my Wii when I do.
    Good good. I really need to get a smaller screen for older games cuz they look like absolute on a bigger tv. Still, looking forward to any sort of release on the Switch for old mario games. Like I'm still waiting for the HD version of wind waker to be released. Ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good good. I really need to get a smaller screen for older games cuz they look like absolute on a bigger tv. Still, looking forward to any sort of release on the Switch for old mario games. Like I'm still waiting for the HD version of wind waker to be released. Ridiculous.
    Honestly, I think Wind Waker still looks brilliant on Gamecube. Probably wouldn't buy a Wii U just for Wind Waker HD though when Super Mario 3D World is also rumored to be part of this year's big Mario Switch release and you already have Bayonnetta 1 & 2, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Mario Kart 8, and just about every other top Wii U game other than Xenoblade Chronicles X on Switch now. God, other than these Mario games 2020 looks like a ing wasteland for Nintendo. They didn't even show off last month when everyone else was doing their E3 equivalent presentations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I think Wind Waker still looks brilliant on Gamecube. Probably wouldn't buy a Wii U just for Wind Waker HD though when Super Mario 3D World is also rumored to be part of this year's big Mario Switch release and you already have Bayonnetta 1 & 2, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Mario Kart 8, and just about every other top Wii U game other than Xenoblade Chronicles X on Switch now. God, other than these Mario games 2020 looks like a ing wasteland for Nintendo. They didn't even show off last month when everyone else was doing their E3 equivalent presentations.
    Yeah there's no way I'd buy a Wii U for just one game. I'll continue to wait. And I hear you about 2020. It's been super slow for the switch, which is funny because you still can't really find one of them for sale. I hope BOTW 2 is given a release date later this year. I mean, you'd think they would. They did the teaser video over a year ago and the game engine is already there...

Anyways, 35th anniversary of Mario is in a few months so hopefully something gets announced then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah there's no way I'd buy a Wii U for just one game. I'll continue to wait. And I hear you about 2020. It's been super slow for the switch, which is funny because you still can't really find one of them for sale. I hope BOTW 2 is given a release date later this year. I mean, you'd think they would. They did the teaser video over a year ago and the game engine is already there...

Anyways, 35th anniversary of Mario is in a few months so hopefully something gets announced then
    I'm hoping Bravely Default II is awesome... forgot about that one and really enjoyed the first on 3DS (highly underrated handheld btw, especially if you like jrpg). But man if you don't GAF about Animal Crossing or don't know Japanese (Persona 5 Scramble is awesome but not localized yet for the west), then 2020 has been nothing but old game remasters (Bioshock, Catherine) and cut down 3rd party games (The Outer Worlds, Doom Eternal). If it wasn't for Shin Megami Tensei V I'd probably have been looking at selling the thing to put towards a PS5.

Speaking of not being able to find Switch for sale, you can't find XBox One nor PS4 either. Best Buy is sold out of XBones and there isn't a Gamestop within 100 miles that has one. Who would have ever seen XBox One having no supply to meet demand?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm hoping Bravely Default II is awesome... forgot about that one and really enjoyed the first on 3DS (highly underrated handheld btw, especially if you like jrpg). But man if you don't GAF about Animal Crossing or don't know Japanese (Persona 5 Scramble is awesome but not localized yet for the west), then 2020 has been nothing but old game remasters (Bioshock, Catherine) and cut down 3rd party games (The Outer Worlds, Doom Eternal). If it wasn't for Shin Megami Tensei V I'd probably have been looking at selling the thing to put towards a PS5.

Speaking of not being able to find Switch for sale, you can't find XBox One nor PS4 either. Best Buy is sold out of XBones and there isn't a Gamestop within 100 miles that has one. Who would have ever seen XBox One having no supply to meet demand?
    Oh man, I don't sell consoles. That's a golden rule for me. There have been too many times over the decades where I get an itch to play an old game and break out the console. Last year I had a craving to play the Ace Combat games and binged all of them on my PS2 for a month.

The PS4/X boxes are out as well? That's crazy. The only time those are out of stock is upon release, not 5 years after the fact. There's a great little store near me(Utah) that sells an absolute ton of movies/games/everything; I should check it out and see if they have any used ones for sale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man, I don't sell consoles. That's a golden rule for me. There have been too many times over the decades where I get an itch to play an old game and break out the console. Last year I had a craving to play the Ace Combat games and binged all of them on my PS2 for a month.

The PS4/X boxes are out as well? That's crazy. The only time those are out of stock is upon release, not 5 years after the fact. There's a great little store near me(Utah) that sells an absolute ton of movies/games/everything; I should check it out and see if they have any used ones for sale.
    Yeah I probably shouldn't since my Switch is one of the holy grail Switches: ie, one of the hackable models from before Nintendo patched the fusee gelee exploit in hardware. There is nothing they can do to stop custom firmware on those models. And then CFW Switch makes the ultimate retro gaming handheld as it can run NES, PC Engine, SNES, Genesis, Master System, Sega CD, PS1, and most N64 pretty well, as well as oldschool arcade games. I swear my most played Switch game is the 1987 Shinobi arcade game through Retroarch.

Speaking of PS2, have you heard of Free McBoot? If you buy a Free McBoot memory card (they're like $10 on ebay/amazon last time I checked) then you can run games off a hard drive (on a PS2 fat) or shared from your PC over ethernet (both PS2 fat and slim). It allows me to play a lot of Japanese games that I would be region locked out of if using discs. Plus PS2 lasers and lenses are so fragile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I probably shouldn't since my Switch is one of the holy grail Switches: ie, one of the hackable models from before Nintendo patched the fusee gelee exploit in hardware. There is nothing they can do to stop custom firmware on those models. And then CFW Switch makes the ultimate retro gaming handheld as it can run NES, PC Engine, SNES, Genesis, Master System, Sega CD, PS1, and most N64 pretty well, as well as oldschool arcade games. I swear my most played Switch game is the 1987 Shinobi arcade game through Retroarch.

Speaking of PS2, have you heard of Free McBoot? If you buy a Free McBoot memory card (they're like $10 on ebay/amazon last time I checked) then you can run games off a hard drive (on a PS2 fat) or shared from your PC over ethernet (both PS2 fat and slim). It allows me to play a lot of Japanese games that I would be region locked out of if using discs. Plus PS2 lasers and lenses are so fragile.
    There's a new PS2 hack that doesn't involve modding the console at all or purchasing anything, just burning a boot DVD:

https://screenrant.com/ps2-playstati...-mod-dvd-burn/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a new PS2 hack that doesn't involve modding the console at all or purchasing anything, just burning a boot DVD:

https://screenrant.com/ps2-playstati...-mod-dvd-burn/
    AFAIK it's only for one specific firmware on some PS2 Slim models. Just easier to buy the Free McBoot memory card IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AFAIK it's only for one specific firmware on some PS2 Slim models. Just easier to buy the Free McBoot memory card IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ? That sounds pretty sweet; might have to look that up. Is there a speed difference when using the ethernet? Faster or slower than disc?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ? That sounds pretty sweet; might have to look that up. Is there a speed difference when using the ethernet? Faster or slower than disc?
    Can't tell you which is faster. I have probably played about 50 different games and the only two that gave me any problems were Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (had stutter during full motion video cutscenes, otherwise was flawless) and Gran Turismo 4, which I could not get working period over ethernet. Oh well, I just bought a new copy of Nocturne and I don't really GAF about GT4. Could just be a bad rom too. But if you get a game that has trouble with FMV over ethernet or doesn't work right you could always just burn it to DVD and play it off that then. There is a program called ESR typically installed with a Free McBoot memory card that will let you play burned DVDs.

Look up Free McBoot, OPL, and ESR on MrMario2011's youtube channel if you're interested. I wouldn't recommend the method he uses for making a Free McBoot memory card though unless you want to use a hard drive. The hard drive though is a big can of worms, because

(1) the official adapter only supports IDE drives, those old ass mother ers with the fat ribbon cables, and not all work

(2) the Chinese knockoff adapter that supports SATA drives sucks. Mine fit so bad I literally had to press and hold steady into the back of my PS2 for a few minutes while making a Free McBoot memory card from the Free HDBoot I had installed to the hard drive. Others have had better luck with it though.

(3) there are adapters you can buy to use a microSD card for storage on a fat PS2 through the IDE port on the network adapter, but its a real rabbit hole to jump into.

I forgot there is one other way to do it over ethernet: if you have say a Raspberry Pi, you can just connect it to the PS2 via an ethernet cable and share the games off there. I actually have a Pi but haven't tried it to see how well it works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...it looks pretty barren. I think the only thing I'm super excited about it No More Heroes 3. Hopefully there will be some good indy games as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow was today's Nintendo Direct a show. Unless you like ty rhythm games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow was today's Nintendo Direct a show. Unless you like ty rhythm games?
    That sucks. This has been a pretty long dead period for the most part. But yeah...if you like rhythm games, point and click adventures, 8 bit retro games, or soft port teenage anime, then you're set with the Switch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sucks. This has been a pretty long dead period for the most part. But yeah...if you like rhythm games, point and click adventures, 8 bit retro games, or soft port teenage anime, then you're set with the Switch.
    I'm going to be mas as if this rumored 35th Anniversary Mario Collection with Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 on Switch turns out to be bull just like the Metroid Prime collection was. Even before the pandemic 2020 has been such a dog year for Switch, at least in the US. Tokyo Mirage Sessions is about the only good game to come out in the West this year. In Japan it's a little better with Persona 5 Scramble and then in October Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, but what a show outside of Japan for the system this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to be mad as if this rumored 35th Anniversary Mario Collection with Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 on Switch turns out to be bull just like the Metroid Prime collection was.
    Same. I've been massively looking forward to Mario remakes, more Zelda les on the switch, etc. The last all new mario kart was released in 2014 for s sake. They need to get on the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same. I've been massively looking forward to Mario remakes, more Zelda les on the switch, etc. The last all new mario kart was released in 2014 for s sake. They need to get on the ball.
    I have been putting off playing Galaxy 1 & 2 precisely because of how amazing the games look at 1080p on Dolphin but how ty they control on Dolphin vs on a real Wii. So man I have been excited about getting 1080p versions I could play with the joycons' motion controls.

I hope if they do they don't take the motion controls out though. There is actually an official port of Super Mario Galaxy 1 to the Nvidia Shield (China only though) but it got rid of motion controls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to be mas as if this rumored 35th Anniversary Mario Collection with Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 on Switch turns out to be bull just like the Metroid Prime collection was. Even before the pandemic 2020 has been such a dog year for Switch, at least in the US. Tokyo Mirage Sessions is about the only good game to come out in the West this year. In Japan it's a little better with Persona 5 Scramble and then in October Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, but what a show outside of Japan for the system this year.
    Hmm...maybe I'll give that a shot. Tokyo Mirage that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm...maybe I'll give that a shot. Tokyo Mirage that is.
    You gotta like JRPG, man. I don't know if you'd be into it honestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta like JRPG, man. I don't know if you'd be into it honestly.
    Yeah...I might watch some YouTube to see.
    I'm the worst about reading good reviews and then downloading a game even if it's out of my wheelhouse.
    I like the idea of liking them. But end up not usually playing them through.
    Is there a lot of dialog between action?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get in here SpursforSix, jeebus, Spurminator, finally the Nintendo Direct we have been waiting for.

Thread Information