Page 166 of 376 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 9381
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They might be scared of reviewers ting on the graphics of the game. It looks iffy to me. like a PS3 looking game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They might be scared of reviewers ting on the graphics of the game. It looks iffy to me. like a PS3 looking game.
    I think it's going to be way worse than just the graphics making that game look . It's already been listed as cut to $35 for BF in Target's ad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's going to be way worse than just the graphics making that game look . It's already been listed as cut to $35 for BF in Target's ad.
    They said the game is using unreal engine 4 but I’m confused how they’re using it. It looks nothing like what that engine is capable of.

Not too thrilled about the game mechanics but will buy for the story. Very engrossing story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They said the game is using unreal engine 4 but I’m confused how they’re using it. It looks nothing like what that engine is capable of.

Not too thrilled about the game mechanics but will buy for the story. Very engrossing story.
    I still gotta play Shenmue I just because it's the game that seemed to have grown into 龍が如く [eg Yakuza]. Speaking of Yakuza, just got the Yakuza Remastered Collection and wow, Yakuza 3 is way better on the PS4 remaster than the PS3 original. The control is greatly improved and it makes it feel like a modern Yakuza game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still gotta play Shenmue I just because it's the game that seemed to have grown into 龍が如く [eg Yakuza]. Speaking of Yakuza, just got the Yakuza Remastered Collection and wow, Yakuza 3 is way better on the PS4 remaster than the PS3 original. The control is greatly improved and it makes it feel like a modern Yakuza game.
    Been thinking about getting that. But I have way too many unplayed top tier games and I'm pretty sure I'm running out of space.

I'm still rocking the poorstation 500GB version.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been thinking about getting that. But I have way too many unplayed top tier games and I'm pretty sure I'm running out of space.

I'm still rocking the poorstation 500GB version.
    I put a 1TB and it's not enough. Had to uninstall RDR2 and all the Uncharted games. Wondering if a 2TB will be enough though with The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima promising to be large games, and I still want to get Persona 5 Royal, Persona 5 Scramble, Yakuza 7, Nioh 2, and Kingdom Hearts 3 too.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 11-16-2019 at 09:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    might reinstall d2 lod....

cant wait for d4...

man i was going to purchase a new computer, but i just quitted my job after putting up with such bull at the workplace...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Honestly they could use the same graphics and mechanics as the originals and I'd still play. Hopefully there's an option for the Japanese dub though, because American voice acting sucked . Playing Shenmue 2 in Japanese was such a huge improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do i have to play shenmue 1 and 2 to enjoy 3?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do i have to play shenmue 1 and 2 to enjoy 3?
    I'm sure there will be some type of recap, but it's probably better if you play, it's one continuous story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure there will be some type of recap, but it's probably better if you play, it's one continuous story.
    i tried watching bits of gameplay and i just cant imagine playing through it. I MIGHT just watch a lets play and then play 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i tried watching bits of gameplay and i just cant imagine playing through it. I MIGHT just watch a lets play and then play 3
    You can Youtube Shenmue the Movie (which was made for the Xbox version of S2, since Xbox never received the first game). It's basically a very condensed version of the first game, 1.5 hours. Then you could easily find a recap of S2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so it looks like shenmue 3 is a disaster. People saying its just a money grab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so it looks like shenmue 3 is a disaster. People saying its just a money grab.
    I don't buy that at all. It was crowd funded and made almost exclusively for fans of the originals who were disappointed in the lack of ending. It looks so outdated that I can't imagine anybody else giving it a second glance. This wasn't a money making venture.

It very well could be a disaster though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't buy that at all. It was crowd funded and made almost exclusively for fans of the originals who were disappointed in the lack of ending. It looks so outdated that I can't imagine anybody else giving it a second glance. This wasn't a money making venture.

It very well could be a disaster though.
    I very much agree with all of this. No way was this a money grab.

The demand for it was why it happened. With a big help from Sony.

Yu Suzuki did say he would hope non Shenmue fans would get interested and hopefully buy it but having seen actual gameplay of it from people who have the game now, I just dont know.

The game just doesn't have the old feel to me. The transition cuts are weird to me. For example, From the time a cutscene plays to the time you take control of Ryo it feels like the game loads twice and suddenly puts you in control. No smooth transition whatsoever.

From the 1 hour long gameplay I saw last night, I have serious doubts Shenmue 4 or that the story itself will complete now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fighting looks weird to me. Somebody who played the demo said that there are no throws and that it's much more button-mashy than the originals. Hopefully that isn't the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fighting looks weird to me. Somebody who played the demo said that there are no throws and that it's much more button-mashy than the originals. Hopefully that isn't the case.
    apperently its everything a nostalgia 30s somthing player hope s it would be. review embargo already lifted in australia.

But its basically a 10/10 Ps2 game that will get 6/10 because it will be judged based on outdated graphic, face animation, voice acting, mechanics

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apperently its everything a nostalgia 30s somthing player hope s it would be. review embargo already lifted in australia.

But its basically a 10/10 Ps2 game that will get 6/10 because it will be judged based on outdated graphic, face animation, voice acting, mechanics
    I still say give it a shot.

This is like watching a good movie. Story is top notch. Picking it up tomorrow after work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll say it again, hopefully it has Japanese dubs available. I rewatched certain parts of the first two the other day and it cannot be expressed enough how bad the English voice acting is. Some people say that is part of the charm, like an old kung fu movie with ty dubs. But I just prefer the Japanese.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll say it again, hopefully it has Japanese dubs available. I rewatched certain parts of the first two the other day and it cannot be expressed enough how bad the English voice acting is. Some people say that is part of the charm, like an old kung fu movie with ty dubs. But I just prefer the Japanese.
    俺もそう思いるぞー。

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah japanese dubs is available with english sub tles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah japanese dubs is available with english sub tles
    Hope it has Japanese dub with Japanese subs too. Seriously I think the only US PS4 game I have that allows you to turn on both Japanese audio and Japanese subs is NieR Automata.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope it has Japanese dub with Japanese subs too. Seriously I think the only US PS4 game I have that allows you to turn on both Japanese audio and Japanese subs is NieR Automata.
    yeah I think so. I saw a review. You can change dub and sub so you can have both.

8.6 so far on ps4 user metacritic.

ofcourse PC fans are pissed cause of the epic store controversy. Its at 6 something in PC iirc.

EDIT 7.6....in PC

in comparison Read Dead 2 is at 81 User rating.

an 86 user rating should net a 90ish rating.

But reviewers under the age of 25 will give this game a very harsh..no context grading.

I suspect it would be around 80-85 reviewer and 85-90 user for PS4

Thread Information